More positive news..... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Congrats. Hope you have a fair bit more freedom before you sign your life away ;)

Hope you have found a good one. Took me a lot of years before I did. But it was fun looking for the right one :D I chose one that drinks pints and can drink most blokes under the table. That makes her good for looking after the kids when I can't. Keep a bit of freedom. We have time away from each other. She is going away on Saturday and not coming back until Tuesday night. That is all of my time off next week. But she don't argue when I have weekends away for the football. She is also happy for me to fly home whilst on holiday to get a game in. Always admit when you are wrong but expect the same back. And never go to bed on an argument. The best time to go to bed is after settling an argument :whistle:

Fair play to you and good luck for the future.

Thanks Astute for your kind words. Defo the right one and much like yourself, I've taken my time (and had fun doing so) in finding her!

I've not yet converted her to CCFC yet but I think in order to save a future marriage, I might let that one pass!

WM

Skyblueweeman

It's one way to get your like ratio up I suppose, if a little extreme ;)

True that...mine was healthy anyway as I'm a good guy though NW!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Nick, you can close this bad boy now...a few have said it's brightened the place up, albeit temporarily. Job done.

WM

torchomatic

Nice one, Wee.

There's a few Saturdays I can't do, so give me a shout before you send out the invites. :p

RegTheDonk

Good luck to you and your missus Weeman. Whats her mum like? You know she'll look like her in 20 years :)

bigfatronssba

Well done mate

James Smith

I proposed to my missus today...she said yes :)

I'm a CCFC fan so this thread is relevant.

Off to drink more champers...happy Saturday fellow Sky Bluers!

WM

Congratulations I hope that you both have a very happy life together.

Does this mean that the finest time in your life won't be 87 half past five? And can you persuade the person doing the service to say* "Let's all sing together Hymn number 421...” ;)

*assuming you go for a service with singing.

Monners

20 years for me this September (lost 3-1 at home to Southampton that day). Well done on finding someone mad enough to marry you - the hard yards start now!

shmmeee

Congrats man, I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary. I'll tell you what, despite all the rumours to the contrary, everything (yes "everything" nudge nudge) got better after marriage.

Though, if you thought supporting City was stressful and confusing and full of strange jargon you don't understand, just you wait till wedding planning!

Astute

Congrats man, I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary. I'll tell you what, despite all the rumours to the contrary, everything (yes "everything" nudge nudge) got better after marriage.

Though, if you thought supporting City was stressful and confusing and full of strange jargon you don't understand, just you wait till wedding planning!

Wedding planning? I didn't propose. I told her if she wanted to get married she had better get it all sorted out and I would turn up.

Did have her going on the day though. Spent weeks telling her that I would say 'my awful wedded wife' as my vows. When that part came up I stopped as got confused on what I was supposed to say. She couldn't stop laughing for the rest of it :D Didn't stop drinking until about 5am of the morning of getting married and got done at 10:30am so was still pissed. The mid day do didn't start until 12 so we all went to McDonalds for a quick bite to eat on the way. Couldn't understand why everyone was looking at us all and asking what we were all doing :)

It was one wedding day not forgotten by anyone. You don't have to spend a fortune. Just have something to make it different and memorable for.

shmmeee

Wedding planning? I didn't propose. I told her if she wanted to get married she had better get it all sorted out and I would turn up.

Did have her going on the day though. Spent weeks telling her that I would say 'my awful wedded wife' as my vows. When that part came up I stopped as got confused on what I was supposed to say. She couldn't stop laughing for the rest of it :D Didn't stop drinking until about 5am of the morning of getting married and got done at 10:30am so was still pissed. The mid day do didn't start until 12 so we all went to McDonalds for a quick bite to eat on the way. Couldn't understand why everyone was looking at us all and asking what we were all doing :)

It was one wedding day not forgotten by anyone. You don't have to spend a fortune. Just have something to make it different and memorable for.

I say wedding planning. I mean occasionally choosing between two identical shades of a colour and watching endless repeats of Don't Tell The Bride and 4 Weddings.

But it was hard man!

Skyblueweeman

Congratulations I hope that you both have a very happy life together.

Does this mean that the finest time in your life won't be 87 half past five? And can you persuade the person doing the service to say* "Let's all sing together Hymn number 421...” ;)

*assuming you go for a service with singing.

87 is still up there to be fair. I was only 7 though and still living in N.Ireland so it doesn't resonate as much to me as it does to others. That said, the amount of times I get goosebumps watching the DVD that moment that Killer lifts the cup.....amazing.

As for the Hymn, I'd be in a minority of 1 I reckon!

WM

Moff

Congratulations Weeman!

I feel I have known you a few years through the Telegraph and now this forum, and we have seen the demise of our once proud club. On that note it is good to hear some positive good news and I wish you all the very best for the future mate!

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Congratulations Weeman!

I feel I have known you a few years through the Telegraph and now this forum, and we have seen the demise of our once proud club. On that note it is good to hear some positive good news and I wish you all the very best for the future mate!

I know mate...wanted to share with my football family :)

Users who are viewing this thread