More players incoming tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

We don't need a defender over and above a forward by my reckoning we have 7 defenders plus Willis back training, we need goals, we have no where near enough attempts at goal.

Otis

In fact he has now just said in the press conference no loan players coming in at all.

Has hinted there may still be signings though and has spoken of a powerful attacking player (must be young though, as he is talking about for maybe 2 seasons time) and a foreign midfielder. Seems they have been training with us.

Ditto AFC.

Terry Gibson's perm

No good for us as he seems to score the odd goal that would mean that he would need to leave his own half unlike Fleck!

But seriously if he can pass it forward and yo one of our players he is already a better option that the previously mentioned player

AFCCOVENTRY

We won't have any midfielders next year with Fleck, O'Brien, Murphy, Cole, Maddison etc all leaving,

I think Mogga is doing the right thing by bringing in players now for next season.

Otis

We won't have any midfielders next year with Fleck, O'Brien, Murphy, Cole, Maddison etc all leaving,

I think Mogga is doing the right thing by bringing in players now for next season.
Agree, well as long as he's not bringing players for next year accepting and believing we'll still be in League One.

I am hoping he believes that Jones and Rose are good enough for the Championship and if it's this Bulgarian, then him too.

Otis

Tis the one thing I am curious about. We don't know what division we are going to be in yet next season.

Looking at Rose I would say I think he can do a job in League One. Championship though? I very much have my doubts, though of course we haven't seen that much of him yet.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

TM hasn’t mentioned much about new contracts for existing players? I know we don’t yet know what league we will be in next season, but you would think there are a couple who could/should at least be part of a squad for both, and so would merit at least another year?

Martin, Fleck, Stokes all spring to mind.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You haven't a clue about football. I don't think Kent is the messiah but if you can't see how a player like him stretches teams you must be blind.

If you stretch a team you need to be able to reap the benifits of it.

You could put a Jack Russell on the left wing and the defenders wouldn't be able to get the ball off him, but eventually he'll run the ball out for a throw or give it to the opposition by accident.

Nothing that Kent did when he was here was anything more than that. In three games time half the fans would be wanking over his step overs whilst the other half would remember how frustrating he was.

As for 'not having a clue about football', I've hardly seen anything on here from you that really pulls up trees, it's usually just shitty comments about other people's posts rather than stirling football intelligence or meaningful opinion.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Agree, well as long as he's not bringing players for next year accepting and believing we'll still be in League One.

I am hoping he believes that Jones and Rose are good enough for the Championship and if it's this Bulgarian, then him too.

Absolutely this.

It's good he's thinking about next season, but we also have an immediate goal, which is to be sitting in the playoffs in 9 games time.

If we can strengthen now, we really need to.

smileycov

Facebook User
TM hasn’t mentioned much about new contracts for existing players? I know we don’t yet know what league we will be in next season, but you would think there are a couple who could/should at least be part of a squad for both, and so would merit at least another year?

Martin, Fleck, Stokes all spring to mind.
but how can you offer some but not all? be great for morale on the run in that!!

Hobo

Too early for contract negotiations for next season. I am sureTM has an opinion on who he would keep, although some of that might be influenced by what league we are in.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

but how can you offer some but not all? be great for morale on the run in that!!

I take your point - but it doesn’t leave much time at all to sort out contract extensions once the season finishes (especially if we make the playoffs) without leaving the possibility of other clubs starting negotiations with players in the last month of their deal. Means we may run the risk of losing Fleck, Martin, Stokes etc.

Ah well, fuck it I’m sure it’s all under control.

stevefloyd

If you was in a similar position and your contract was up and for arguments sake you got £500 a week but IF the club got promoted you would then get £1000 a week when would you sign a new contract ?

Captain Dart

If you was in a similar position and your contract was up and for arguments sake you got £500 a week but IF the club got promoted you would then get £1000 a week when would you sign a new contract ?

If there was an enhanced salary on promotion maybe, there is some value in being settled, especially if you have a family.

SlowerThanPlatt

We are signing\interested in Bilal Sayoud from the Nike Academy. 18 year old winger. Will try and find out the other Nike Academy player we're interested in.

stevefloyd

If there was an enhanced salary on promotion maybe, there is some value in being settled, especially if you have a family.

Very true but greed being the order of the day i guess many would take the wait and see approach...or have a good agent saying if we gain promotion... but i guess we will never know exactly what goes on behind the scenes

SlowerThanPlatt

The Nike Academy is a decent standard. Two players have just joined clubs who could be playing in the Premier League next year, Sean Clare to Sheffield Wednesday and Tafoiq Olomowewe to Burnley.

Users who are viewing this thread