More false Coventry council claims exposed over Ricoh Wasps deal-Les Reid (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

The cynic in me thinks someone is desperately trying to find a conspiracy theory to back up their view.

I'm surprised no one has failed to mention this article by les Reid comes out in the same day if not hours before the "big appeal" was denied? Not a coincidence the cynic in me would say.

NorthernWisdom

Isn't the timeline like this: SISU say freehold or nothing in July, but then say they will consider a long-leasehold option in a letter in November?

I do find it interesting that the freehold or nowt line is an absolute, whereas the 'not deal with SISU' line peddled when Mutton head of council is not taken as an absolute.

Things change... negotiating positions soften... or harden in our case(!)

NorthernWisdom

Indeed and you know what pal, I wouldn't mind having a little bet that this individual didn't put his friends in the Rugby world onto the possibilities in CV6, his vigorous and vicious defence at times of this shady deal is a bit bizarre !?

Now, let's be fair... a massive great empty stadium is probably noticed by a few; Wasps played in it previously, rumours Northampton were using it as their negotiating hand to get planning permission... I don't really think some random bloke on a football forum carries much weight, tbh.

Ian1779

actually no it wouldn't because in 2013 there is a 475k exceptional item attributable to the loan renegotiation. so the change round is 775-475+392= 692 substantially less than even just the lost CCFC rent, let alone the lost F&B profit or overhead contribution /matchday fees

Only quote I have heard on the payments for the loan is that the CCC has earnt £1m plus from it which would tie in with the disclosures in the accounts to 2014 where in that year over £700k interest was paid ...... so by now it would be well over £1m in total

14.4m loan over 40 years if capital payments were equal each year (which they wont be I believe) then that capital repaid would be 360k each year. Like I say you pay less capital early years so 112k is not that unlikely

There is of course the small matter of ACL pumping £1m into the figures each year as the pay off from Isle of Capri.

That's sure to inflate the headllines a bit....

robbiethemole

I was under the impression that Mutton said the immortal "hell would freeze over" line , when asked previously whether SISU would own the Ricoh.

and weren't most on here going mental when JS told "our Les" freehold or nothing before we go back?

I'm sick of the whole fucking circus and I don't even live in Cov

Nick

Administrator
There is of course the small matter of ACL pumping £1m into the figures each year as the pay off from Isle of Capri.

That's sure to inflate the headllines a bit....

Yeah didn't they break up the larger amount to smaller amounts every year?

Samo

Well ! I've read, and re-read the Observer article. The Observer keep stating "Evidence" but do
not show this "Evidence" If a letter was sent to Ann Lucas, it becomes her property because her name is on the Letter/Envelope/E-Mail and would think anything to show her to be a liar publicly would NOT come into the public domain. Then to cap it all....I read the reporter is non other than Mr LES REID. The man who went to great lengths to "Big himself up" as being the one and only to get a exclusive 2+ hours meeting with JS. The one and only reporter on Twitter to delete anyone following him if they so much as raised a question in opposition to that which he reported.............and Samo asks me why I'm accusing "The Observer" to which I will once again state...I'm not accusing anyone, just putting out a question that has two possible answers to which posters can make up their own minds about, nothing more, nothing less.

SBK... If Anne Lucas had you wearing a gimp mask, bent over her desk and was riding you with a strap-on while singing ' ha ha ha, he he he, I stole the future of CCFC' you would find a way to blame SISU.

The Lurker

SBK... If Anne Lucas had you wearing a gimp mask, bent over her desk and was riding you with a strap-on while singing ' ha ha ha, he he he, I stole the future of CCFC' you would find a way to blame SISU.

Maybe because sisu are to blame. You really think the last 7 years have been great for the club? They've been disastrous on and off the pitch. That's down to sisu not the council

Samo

Maybe because sisu are to blame. You really think the last 7 years have been great for the club? They've been disastrous on and off the pitch. That's down to
sisu not the council

Yawn.

Nick

Administrator
Great reply. So your happy too with the current state of our club? Seems to be everyone on here like the way our club is being ran. No wonder only 6,000 fans are left.

Christ, are you Michael? As soon as you say anything different to you it means instantly everybody is happy.

The Lurker

Christ, are you Michael? As soon as you say anything different to you it means instantly everybody is happy.

Well clearly everyone is happy because no-one is doing anything other then slag the council off who has fuck all to do with the club now. If only people used energy on trying to get something sorted to help the club rather then spend time slagging the council off all day

Samo

Great reply. So your happy too with the current state of our club? Seems to be everyone on here pile
the way our club is being ran. No wonder only 6,000 fans are left.

Of course I'm not happy, I fucking hate SISU, I just blame others too. Simple really.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Samo....You're blind f**king nobhead(With all due respect) I've stated on at least 3 seperate occasions.....How can I put this in the simplest of terms just for you..............I'm NOT accusing anyone. I'm asking a question that has two possible answers. Nothing more, nothing less. Has it sunk in this time?

covmark

Well clearly everyone is happy because no-one is doing anything other then slag the council off who has fuck all to do with the club now. If only people used energy on trying to get something sorted to help the club rather then spend time slagging the council off all day
Utter bollocks.
People are slagging the council off because they're shady fuckers. It cracks me up when tits like you come on here and shout people down, telling them that they must be happy with our situation because they're not bitching about Sisu 24/7. It's fucking pathetic tbh.

Samo

@ Samo....You're blind f**king nobhead(With all due respect) I've stated on at least 3 seperate
occasions.....How can I put this in the simplest of terms just for you..............I'm NOT accusing anyone. I'm asking a question that has two possible answers. Nothing more, nothing less. Has it sunk in this time?

Well... How rude! I'm not talking about the Observer you fucking idiot! I'm talking in general about you're inability to get past you're hatred of SISU and get any kind of grip on the reality of the situation.

Sky Blue Kid

When I put the question of CET and the observer on the thread and YOU reply to it, it says to me you ARE talking about the Observer. Otherwise what reason have you got to attack my post? You ,F**king retard.

Samo

When I put the question of CET and the observer on the thread and YOU reply to it, it says to me you ARE talking about the Observer. Otherwise what reason have you got to attack my post? You ,F**king retard.

Christ its like talking to the aged... oh wait...

covmark

I don't think you're in any position to call anybody a retard.

Hobo

Of course I'm not happy, I fucking hate SISU, I just blame others too. Simple really.

Okay you blame others too. Who now has the power to change the direction of our club, are they capable? Don't blame Pressley, ask who gave him a four year contract?

Sky Blue Kid

@ NorthernWisdom......I apologise once again for losing my temper with some of the youngsters who seem to be far more knowledgeable than any of us old fogeys could ever wish to be. I didn't realise that I and other old fogeys do NOT have the right to express an opinion on a forum without getting the verbals from the know it all youngsters. good night gentlemen.

J

Jack Griffin

Well ! I've read, and re-read the Observer article. The Observer keep stating "Evidence" but do not show this "Evidence" If a letter was sent to Ann Lucas, it becomes her property because her name is on the Letter/Envelope/E-Mail and would think anything to show her to be a liar publicly would NOT come into the public domain. Then to cap it all....I read the reporter is non other than Mr LES REID. The man who went to great lengths to "Big himself up" as being the one and only to get a exclusive 2+ hours meeting with JS. The one and only reporter on Twitter to delete anyone following him if they so much as raised a question in opposition to that which he reported.............and Samo asks me why I'm accusing "The Observer" to which I will once again state...I'm not accusing anyone, just putting out a question that has two possible answers to which posters can make up their own minds about, nothing more, nothing less.

You got that too, pmsl

Samo

Okay you blame others too. Who now has the power to change the direction of our club, are they capable? Don't blame Pressley, ask who gave him a four year contract?

I don't know whether they are capable, I don't know what resources they have. And I will blame Pressley if you don't mind?

Last edited:

Astute

It's an odd world we live in. If this time last week you'd have said we'd be talking about Reid, Fisher and Labovich being the most truthful people in this saga I'd have said you were in need of a lie down but it's starting to look that way.

So are you saying that there was a smoking gun, there was several councilors voting against Wasps getting the arena, we were not interested in the arena but would be building our own stadium although they put a last minute bid in when it was too late?

I will believe the first of them that shows us proof. Proof for Fisher and SISU will be the building of a stadium for us to play in. Not more of this someone said something bullshit. Proof for AL would be if she could get an admission from where she was told that ACL made a profit. Until then I will see them all as being untruthful.

Samo

@ NorthernWisdom......I apologise once again for losing my temper with some of the youngsters who seem to be far more knowledgeable than any of us old fogeys could ever wish to be. I didn't realise that I and other old fogeys do NOT have the right to express an opinion on a forum without getting the verbals from the know it all youngsters. good night gentlemen.

You started with the verbals pal.

RoboCCFC90

The stories on the Observer and Telegraph add to the Clusterfuck that is Coventry City FC and the Ricoh Arena. You would hope that this issue resolves itself, but I can't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

tbf, I'd be surprised if he deleted you, as you're (generally) civil.

Sky Blue Kid however... ;)

I don't think it is much to do with civility, it appears to be largely about offering views or opinions which contradict or criticise his arguments.

hill83

temper-tantrum-o.gif

Sky Blue Kid

@ Jack Griffin........Lmfao.....I asked him in his marathon 2+ hours interview if he managed to ask JS if CCFC would be paying rent to SISU if they built a new ground. I was dropped quicker than a piece of molten lava.

RegTheDonk

The revelations raise questions over whether councillors had acted on false information from senior council executives last October when they voted in private to sell the council’s Ricoh Arena shares to the then High Wycombe-based rugby club on a long leasehold - which the Sky Blues HAD also sought.

I don't get why this would be an issue. If the councillors had known that ACL weren't making as much money as told, they'd surely have been even quicker to get rid.

Users who are viewing this thread