Morals (1 Viewer)

lewys33

I cannot believe what I am reading on this forum, CET comments and Twitter.

How can people support this buy-out of the Ricoh? Where have your morals gone? It is the definition of hypocrite! I for one didn't campaign and protest the Northampton move just to drop them when it happens to someone else. Especially when it could have lasting consequences on 2 homegrown historic teams within the city.

People are so blinded by hatred of sisu that they can't the potential damage this could cause. If people are supporting this on the basis that it may force sisu out - tell me how have our other plans to force them out gone?

*IF* it did force them out, then it could potentially work out for CCFC. Is it worth the risk? Wasps could tell us to get lost after the 4 years. They could also make us leave by charging an extortion. Away from CCFC we still cannot forget the consequences it will have on wasps fans and Coventry RFC (club and fans).

I have already seen "real fans" branded by Wasps supporters as to who will go/not go. Sound familiar? How can this be supported?

RFC

I cannot believe what I am reading on this forum, CET comments and Twitter.

How can people support this buy-out of the Ricoh? Where have your morals gone? It is the definition of hypocrite! I for one didn't campaign and protest the Northampton move just to drop them when it happens to someone else. Especially when it could have lasting consequences on 2 homegrown historic teams within the city.

People are so blinded by hatred of sisu that they can't the potential damage this could cause. If people are supporting this on the basis that it may force sisu out - tell me how have our other plans to force them out gone?

*IF* it did force them out, then it could potentially work out for CCFC. Is it worth the risk? Wasps could tell us to get lost after the 4 years. They could also make us leave by charging an extortion. Away from CCFC we still cannot forget the consequences it will have on wasps fans and Coventry RFC (club and fans).

I have already seen "real fans" branded by Wasps supporters as to who will go/not go. Sound familiar? How can this be supported?

Just to bring you up to date it is by CCC!

Chipfat

Most i'm sure don't rejoice in Wasps buy-out but i suppose like me most don't see Sisu as the victims,TF statement from very early on have been very harmful and have led to distrust, no communication and most of all no bridges to build relationships with the decision makers within the CCC.

The ship has sailed without Sisu on it,, we still have heavy debt we still have falling gates, less quality in the squad and no real plan to build a new ground.. We have no money, we have no ground and in the end misdirection, playing the victim will have to stop and reality will have to be faced by the owners.

Last edited:

rondog1973

Bore off you tedious c**t. Anyone supporting this move and claiming to be a fan of the club is a disgrace.
Go fuck yourself. You didn't want CCC involved with the affairs of your football team, now you've got your wish. Can you not take it that it leaves your beloved Sisu floundering up Shit creak?

Otis

Anyone supporting or defending this is not a ccfc fan. Or mental. Or thick as shit.

Or is maybe just so tired and fed up of all the crap we've been through for so many years and just wants a little bit of stability and for us to stay here at the Ricoh?

Or maybe just thinks that this may be good for Coventry City and that is their number one priority?

I don't like Wasps being here and I wouldn't have voted yes on the deal, but everyone has their own reason I guess if they are in favour and they do not have to conform to your way of thinking.

Can we at least not wait until 10 a.m. today, when there is a press conference and we can actually see how good or bad this is for Coventry City Football Club?

The Wasps thing will always be wrong, but now we have become like Northampton, in taking somone elses team in.

Now I know the argument will be 'Ah yes, but that was only temporary,' but I think you have to cast your mind back. In theory just 'temporary,' but the reality looked a lot more stark.

At times I certainly didn't believe it was just temporary and many other City fans didn't either.

Remember Fisher's words, we were not coming back to the Rioch. That boat had sailed. He said this several times. The Ricoh was not an option.

Then remember the new stadium. Pretty much every single one of us to a man didn't believe they would ever build a new stadium.

So where is the 'temporary?' I feared we could end up at Northampton for many, many years. At what point does it stop being temporary and start becoming permanent?

Never coming back to the Ricoh, never building a new stadium. What does that point to?

For me, it was we were going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place until Sisu left. I don't believe it would have been a deliberate permanent move, but the intransigence and stubborness displayed looked like it was going to equate to a very long time out of the city.

I think many City fans have just had enough of all the crap and all the misery and it is far too simplisitc to merely say that they are not a City fan, or are shit, or are mental.

If only it was so simple.

I do not approve of Wasps being here and I did write to all my local councillors, but at the same time I do see why some would support this deal and like I say, let's wait until 10 a.m. today when there is more meat on the bones.

Then people might change their minds. If this proves to be a deal that secures CCFC's future at the Ricoh for the long term, then people might well feel justified in supporting the deal.

Doesn't stop anyone thinking franchising is wrong.

Haven't we had enough of 'You're a shit fan for not supporting the team?' 'No, you're a shit fan for going to Sixifields?'

Haven't we had enough of that? Do we really want yet more divisions between fans?

I'm getting very tired of this holier than thou attitude. You can be against the move, be against franchising, but still respect other people's views can't you?

I suggest if you feel that strongly, you aim all your vitriol towards the city council and not your fellow Sky Blue fans.

All this nonsense is going to do is to cause yet more division at a time when we need all City fans to stick together.

Oh, and why don't you throw some vitriol Wasps way to while you're at it.

Lots of posts on here about sympathy with Wasps fans, but I've hardly seen a single post calling Wasps 'scum' for moving the club. They are the Sisu in all this.

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

The Ricoh arena belongs to the tax payers of coventry, surely the people of coventry should have a say in who buys and who don't ?!!

mrtrench

I don't believe this is the end of this story. There is more to be disclosed yet - even after the Press Conference.
I have no inside information - just speculating. I see a real financial benefit for a holding company using the ground for two sports teams as well as expanding for more concerts, conferences etc. This may happen yet. If Rob Stevens is correct we have Ranson, Hoffman et al behind the Wasps move. Alternatively, who's to say that SISU doesn't have a finger in the Wasps pie?

Hobo

I don't think the majority on here support the Wasps deal.

some posters put incredible spin on some of my posts yesterday because I mention franchising in rugby. All of a sudden I was supporting the Wasps buy out despite saying I didn't.

I agree with you, we are now very vulnerable to a landlord again and not fully in control of our own destiny. But what really worries me is the opportunity missed by SISU. They had a similar deal and the table and wrecked it by trying to be greedy. Then this week they have failed to make a counter bid and just accepted it.

it seems they just haven't got the money?

Otis

The Ricoh arena belongs to the tax payers of coventry, surely the people of coventry should have a say in who buys and who don't ?!!

Totally agree.

I have signed Wasps petition and I would urge all people to do the same. From their fans' perspective this is a worse deal than we had at Northampton and remember how shit that felt.

skybluetony176

I don't think the majority on here support the Wasps deal.

some posters put incredible spin on some of my posts yesterday because I mention franchising in rugby. All of a sudden I was supporting the Wasps buy out despite saying I didn't.

I agree with you, we are now very vulnerable to a landlord again and not fully in control of our own destiny. But what really worries me is the opportunity missed by SISU. They had a similar deal and the table and wrecked it by trying to be greedy. Then this week they have failed to make a counter bid and just accepted it.

it seems they just haven't got the money?

I can't help but agree with your last line. What other reason is there?

Otis

I don't believe this is the end of this story. There is more to be disclosed yet - even after the Press Conference.
I have no inside information - just speculating. I see a real financial benefit for a holding company using the ground for two sports teams as well as expanding for more concerts, conferences etc. This may happen yet. If Rob Stevens is correct we have Ranson, Hoffman et al behind the Wasps move. Alternatively, who's to say that SISU doesn't have a finger in the Wasps pie?

Like you say, there's more to come.

People are getting overly paranoid and there's a fair bit of scaremongering going on. Even Stupot, who I think is an excellent, reasoned poster, is saying stuff like 'it will be yellow and black seats' and 'RIP CCFC.' A lot of jumping the gun and jumping to conclusions.

The council yesterday said this would be a good deal for Coventry City and it looks like Wasps need us, so let's wait and see what today's press conference brings.

Astute

Like you say, there's more to come.

People are getting overly paranoid and there's a fair bit of scaremongering going on. Even Stupot, who I think is an excellent, reasoned poster, is saying stuff like 'it will be yellow and black seats' and 'RIP CCFC.' A lot of jumping the gun and jumping to conclusions.

The council yesterday said this would be a good deal for Coventry City and it looks like Wasps need us, so let's wait and see what today's press conference brings.

Shut up you CCC puppet ;)

Hobo

I hope people on here like Lewy...have actually signed the Wasps petition? It stands about 2,200 at the moment. Considering Wasps get 6-7 thousand and City get around 10 thousand at home...the petition should have more signatures!

mgw747

What a well written and balanced post Otis. Refreshing considering the bickering. Now is the time for all fans to unite, forget Ricoh ownership squabbling as that is past and support the club we all love. Look to the future and hope our support prospers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewys33

What a well written and balanced post Otis. Refreshing considering the bickering. Now is the time for all fans to unite, forget Ricoh ownership squabbling as that is past and support the club we all love. Look to the future and hope our support prospers.

I agree. I would like to think all Coventry City, Conventry RFC and Wasps fans could unite in condemning this move no? It is hypocritical to oppose our move to Northampton, and then just sit back and let this happen. Madness.

Otis - I appreciate what you are saying. I just can't accept that after what has happened to us people are so happy for it so happen to other teams, especially when it could have lasting consequences on 2 of our own teams!

Otis

I agree. I would like to think all Coventry City, Conventry RFC and Wasps fans could unite in condemning this move no? It is hypocritical to oppose our move to Northampton, and then just sit back and let this happen. Madness.

Otis - I appreciate what you are saying. I just can't accept that after what has happened to us people are so happy for it so happen to other teams, especially when it could have lasting consequences on 2 of our own teams!

Thing is, I don't think people are so happy.

Astute

So who is happy? Understanding the situation and waiting for the details to come out doesn't make someone happy. I am as pissed off as anyone else. I am pissed off with CCC for letting it go to Wasps. It was supposed to be our clubs future. Why didn't they keep hold of it for when SISU leave our club if they don't want it or can't afford it? :censored: I am pissed off with SISU for not wanting it.....or whatever the reason is. Their attempt of getting it has put many millions of debt onto our club. We spent time in Northampton. Yet when they could have got what they wanted they were not interested :censored:

Otis

So who is happy? Understanding the situation and waiting for the details to come out doesn't make someone happy. I am as pissed off as anyone else. I am pissed off with CCC for letting it go to Wasps. It was supposed to be our clubs future. Why didn't they keep hold of it for when SISU leave our club if they don't want it or can't afford it? :censored: I am pissed off with SISU for not wanting it.....or whatever the reason is. Their attempt of getting it has put many millions of debt onto our club. We spent time in Northampton. Yet when they could have got what they wanted they were not interested :censored:

Would say at the moment most of us are pissed off with everybody, CCC, Sisu and Wasps.

67tuck

At the end of the day, the Ricoh was built for ccfc, built for ccfc to play football, built for ccfc to own when the club could afford it, built for ccfc to grow and succeed back to the top flight, the last 48hrs means ccfc will never own the Ricoh Arena and that's Sad ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Rusty Trombone

At the end of the day, the Ricoh was built for ccfc, built for ccfc to play football, built for ccfc to own when the club could afford it, built for ccfc to grow and succeed back to the top flight, the last 48hrs means ccfc will never own the Ricoh Arena and that's Sad ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

The final decision may have been delivered in the last 48 hours about the current ownership of the management company running the stadium, but the reasons why we ccfc haven't bought it go back a bit further than that.

letsallsingtogether

So is that the same for anyone who went to watch City in Northampton or went on the Hill or never did anything??? you really are an Idiot.
Or as your name indicates Sick in the head.[

QUOTE=Sick Boy;789357]Bore off you tedious c**t. Anyone supporting this move and claiming to be a fan of the club is a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

Otis

you do don't you ? You vote to elect people to represent you and make decisions on your behalf ?

That's true unfortunately.

Always means you usually vote these people out after the damage has already been done.

rupert_bear

The bottom line is sisu had the chance to do what Wasps have done and blew it. As for morals, not anymore, we were moved to Northampton without a thought by our owners and imo received little sympathy from others and many other fans were laughing up their sleeves at us and wanting us to disappear out of football altogether. I will definitely be attending Wasps games, I love top class rugger and I hope Wasps and CCFC issue joint season tickets.

duffer

The bottom line is sisu had the chance to do what Wasps have done and blew it. As for morals, not anymore, we were moved to Northampton without a thought by our owners and imo received little sympathy from others and many other fans were laughing up their sleeves at us and wanting us to disappear out of football altogether. I will definitely be attending Wasps games, I love top class rugger and I hope Wasps and CCFC issue joint season tickets.

Fair enough - appreciate the honesty.

However, our owners said they moved to Northampton for commercial reasons. They may yet do so again. What right do you have to complain about either move if you're supporting Wasps in this?

Users who are viewing this thread