Mondays meeting with Fisher (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Sky Blue Pete

Can make a pretty good guess at what he was going to say, essentially who would buy the club in the state its in. That chap saying he would give them a pound for it and then when Fisher asked him how he'd fund running the club he just said local sponsors! Fisher should have asked him how he'd pay off the millions owed after he'd got the club for a pound.

It was a nice try by the Trust but the result was all too predictable. Was said many times on here that strong moderation was needed. Moz and Jan tried their best, fair play to them, but when everyone just starts shouting insults they didn't have much chance of getting any decent answers.

I like the idea of a Question Time style session. Get someone like Shane O'Connor in to chair and then have Fisher and two or three people who have a solid grasp on the facts. Get the questions arranged in advance (obviously don't let Fisher know what they are) and get proper questions and answers. You could potentially have a panel with Jon Sharp, someone from the council and someone from Wasps so that if Fisher comes out with 'Wasps are refusing to talk to us' we can get a response on that straight away.
Great idea now practically make it happen

Sky Blue Pete

It was accepted because no one scrutinised him. We're not saying 'accepted' as in a dog lapping it up, but giving an answer then no one following it up with searching questions to pick his answers apart. Shouting 'rubbish', 'liar', etc isn't scrutinising.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wasn't possible. Moz followed up some of the questions and didn't really get an answer even then. He avoided hard questions and jumped on nonsense and made it worse

italiahorse

You are unbelievable. You state a fact its wrong, that 'all Premier League teams have a wage cap of 6.5 million' and I call you out for the rubbish that that is, and as per normal the Italia line comes out that I am missing the point. What is the point? as from what I can read its a one line unfactual statement.

Nowhere in the post I responded to was there any mention or reference to waiting for Wasps to go bust, so unless I can mind read how the hell would I know you were making any reference to that. I would suggest you check what post I responded to before spouting off.

Like many posters I responded to something I read and in your case it was a clear fabrication. Don't whitewash, accept it when you are wrong.

As for deluded if you wish to post 'facts' on the site that are clearly incorrect and baseless, I would suggest that you are the deluded one if you think it wont be picked up upon. Its not inflammatory to point out you were lying so deal with it. I see Stupot also pointed this out, but I cant see you crying over that.

As for opinion I posted it on another thread not full of frothy mouthed ranters like you. If it makes you feel better last night was a shambles and Fisher was allowed an easy ride, not down to the Trust but by the constant shouting out. That said he would have towed the party line whatever the line of questioning, he is as blinkered for SISU as you are for Wasps.

All PL clubs do have a wage cap of £6.5M so what is there to dispute ?
They are also allowed 2 marquee signings but its not the free for all the poster was inferring.

It was the best we can have expected from last night. He was never going to give any details.

The problem with last night though was that he has now said plan A is the Butts and people are running with it.
We have been here before where Sisu say what the plan is and others have to move on with planning for the future.
I'm not blinkered for Wasps but I am aware of the consequences of taking the word of TF unlike some on here.
I see no problem in challenging these people by giving my opinion.

TF Quotes:
We are building our own stadium - Result .. CCC look for alternative tenants.
We are building our own training facilities that include an academy. - Result .. Higgs/CSF look for alternative tenants and usages.
We are moving to the Butts - Result? .. Wasps plan without us and install an all weather pitch. Who knows.
Its all politics with Fisher but the trouble is he is not very good at it

chiefdave

What was his actual beef about those supporters?
Basically that the Welsh and Irish supporters clubs should have been given their own allocation for Wembley (not sure why). After he'd rambled on for what seemed like forever it turned out the Irish lot did have their own allocation and the reason the Welsh didn't was that they hadn't bothered to reply to the email asking how many they needed.

Think it was the same chap who was complaining that there weren't any Wembley badges in the club shop!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Basically that the Welsh and Irish supporters clubs should have been given their own allocation for Wembley (not sure why). After he'd rambled on for what seemed like forever it turned out the Irish lot did have their own allocation and the reason the Welsh didn't was that they hadn't bothered to reply to the email asking how many they needed.

Think it was the same chap who was complaining that there weren't any Wembley badges in the club shop!

whos the irish club? let me have a chat with them being bellends and wasting valuable time grilling fisher about matters of importance at the meeting fucktards waste of a question, work with the club on that one not bring it up at a meeting find out the future of the club where we could got some sort answers about whats going on!

Nick

Administrator

Oh dear.

Peter Griffin

I had a ticket for this but had to had to cancel so let the Trust hand it on to someone else - I had to go and sort a problem at work and didn't get home til nearly midnight - I was fully prepared for the two hour drive to Cov for the meeting - stupidly I sat down late last night and watched the whole moronic incident back. There needed to be much stronger moderation - we had an opportunity to really pin Fisher down and get some answers from him, but instead we got long rambling rants about people who've been 'Going since 95-96' and streams of verbal diarrhoea with no substance.

Pointless! If they do it again then all questions need to be submitted in advance and someone connected neither to the Trust or the Club needs to chair it. Bung Dimbleby a fiver. Question Time it was not...

Ian1779

It's important that lessons were learned from last night. The open forum style was not ideal because it allowed people to ramble, which meant he got away with not answering enough questions. Even when people were shouting at him - the question gets forgotten in the furore.

I know it's a long shot but someone like Jim White who has been holding Fisher to ransom somewhat on Talksport would be ideal to come down an do an event - I think he would manage the room and push Fisher on the questions that need answering.

Fergusons_Beard

Well at least you got a like from grendull
So easy to pick fault when you do nothing yourself aka grendull

Apart from; alienating fans, organising a lot of meetings where nothing actually happens other than shouting, write posts on their website calling for fan ownership (when clearly they really are talking about 1 or 2 of their megalomaniacs becoming 'Charles in Charge'), extolling the virtues of administration as an intelligent method of getting rid of SISU (when all it did was harm the football side) and obviously being influenced (and used) by outside agents wanting to take over the club but not having the gumption to realise that had fallen for a load of broken promises.

Apart from the above-Can you tell me just one meaningful thing that the trust have done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Apart from; alienating fans, organising a lot of meetings where nothing actually happens other than shouting, write posts on their website calling for fan ownership (when clearly they really are talking about 1 or 2 of their megalomaniacs becoming 'Charles in Charge'), extolling the virtues of administration as an intelligent method of getting rid of SISU (when all it did was harm the football side) and obviously being influenced (and used) by outside agents wanting to take over the club but not having the gumption to realise that had fallen for a load of broken promises.

Apart from the above-Can you tell me just one meaningful thing that the trust have done?

Cloughie - he got another like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To quote Tony "something - what have you done" LOL

ajsccfc

Hi Tim. Before my question I'd like to point out that we've been supporting since 1756 and we've seen them all come and go, now we can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones

vow

Ha ajsccfc, quality.
More importantly, what was the beer like at the club last night?

italiahorse

Can make a pretty good guess at what he was going to say, essentially who would buy the club in the state its in. That chap saying he would give them a pound for it and then when Fisher asked him how he'd fund running the club he just said local sponsors! Fisher should have asked him how he'd pay off the millions owed after he'd got the club for a pound.

It was a nice try by the Trust but the result was all too predictable. Was said many times on here that strong moderation was needed. Moz and Jan tried their best, fair play to them, but when everyone just starts shouting insults they didn't have much chance of getting any decent answers.

I like the idea of a Question Time style session. Get someone like Shane O'Connor in to chair and then have Fisher and two or three people who have a solid grasp on the facts. Get the questions arranged in advance (obviously don't let Fisher know what they are) and get proper questions and answers. You could potentially have a panel with Jon Sharp, someone from the council and someone from Wasps so that if Fisher comes out with 'Wasps are refusing to talk to us' we can get a response on that straight away.

That's the wrong mind set.
The club is worth what the assets are and the full debt will never be considered by a purchaser.
Like when Sisu took over the full debt was never paid off and they paid what they though they could recover.
If Sisu are expecting the debt to be paid off we might as well liquidate.

Moff

They are also allowed 2 marquee signings but its not the free for all the poster was inferring.

It was the best we can have expected from last night. He was never going to give any details.

The problem with last night though was that he has now said plan A is the Butts and people are running with it.
We have been here before where Sisu say what the plan is and others have to move on with planning for the future.
I'm not blinkered for Wasps but I am aware of the consequences of taking the word of TF unlike some on here.

TF Quotes:
We are building our own training facilities that include an academy. - Result .. Higgs/CSF look for alternative tenants and usages.
We are moving to the Butts - Result? .. Wasps plan without us and install an all weather pitch. Who knows.

That's fair enough and thank you for the reasoned reply.

We may slightly disagree on some points, but our collective is for the good of the club. Lets hope one day we get what we want, a SISU free CCFC and a successful one.

olderskyblue

The full debt won't be paid off but surely Arvo are going to expect a return of at least the value of the assets they hold a charge over.

What was the situation re Robinson, and his debt? He didn't get it back, did he? completely different scenario I imagine, but can't recall the detail.

chiefdave

What was the situation re Robinson, and his debt? He didn't get it back, did he? completely different scenario I imagine, but can't recall the detail.
That was the reason for the deadline for the club going into admin I think. Basically he was made a pence in the pound offer but thought it was too low so didn't accept. He was then faced with either accepting or the club going into admin and him potentially getting a lot less.

The key here is the charge they have over everything. If the club goes into administration Ryton goes to cover the debt. On that basis why would Arvo, who are technically a third party, write off the loan as part of a sale for less than they could get from liquidation.

Therefore you'd either need to pay up (£15m is considered realistic by a few people, myself included) or buy the club with the debt still in place and an ability to service the debt.

letsallsingtogether

To quote Tony "something - what have you done" LOL
Probably the same as you.
Funny you put your name forward to run for a position on the Trust and when you got backing you ran away.
Same as when you decided your protest would be not to go to Northampton, again you cracked after 1 game.
Yet you come on here giving it the big I am, I would do this and that.
Yet do nothing but moan and bitch.
Well at least your good at that.

weecohawena

Fisher should have been pressed on why they couldnt close a land deal.

Instead we listened to blokes taking 20 minutes to deliver a question.

dongonzalos

TF Quotes:

Absolutely bang on!

Grendel

Probably the same as you.
Funny you put your name forward to run for a position on the Trust and when you got backing you ran away.
Same as when you decided your protest would be not to go to Northampton, again you cracked after 1 game.
Yet you come on here giving it the big I am, I would do this and that.
Yet do nothing but moan and bitch.
Well at least your good at that.

Yes Tony said he'd support me which says more about Tony than me as he cant agree with a single word I say. What's the point of being in an organisation that doesn't agree with basic fundamentals I have - like their view on sport franchises for example. Also judging by people on here an extremely thin skin when being criticised.

I went up Northampton I think first in January so another inaccurate statement.

letsallsingtogether

Yes Tony said he'd support me which says more about Tony than me as he cant agree with a single word I say. What's the point of being in an organisation that doesn't agree with basic fundamentals I have - like their view on sport franchises for example. Also judging by people on here an extremely thin skin when being criticised.

Yes says that Tony is willing to see a change of it benifits CCFC.
As for the franchise example you have had two of the trust officers want.
Does that mean that they all think that way Moz for one has never been.
There are plenty of non Trust members that have also been to Wasps games so so as a non member does that make you a Wasps fan?
I thought not, But it is ok you brand all Trust members and those on the board wasps fans of it makes you feel better and wins you an arguement.
At the end of the day you and many others say the Trust needs guidance yet none of you are willing to give up your free time and do anything to help with the change needed.
I for one am open to anything that will help out the Club shame you are not.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

ou and many others say the Trust needs guidance
Something tells me this ain't the thread ;) but hell, it's gone off track enough...

Might it not be a good idea for the Trist to have a section of their website, a 'We need you' kind of place, where they list the expertise they're lacking, and why they need it?

People respond better to volunteering opportunities if they know exactly what they're volunteering for, and how they can actually help...

skybluetony176

Bollocks. You were worried about people finding out who you really are. You even tried to make out that the current board all know exactly who you are and then all the ones who are members on here come on here and said they didn't have a clue who you are. At which point you disappeared for a while. The only reason you won't do it is because you won't step out from behind your keyboard and be counted. Have you ever even attended a trust meeting to voice your opinion and have it counted?

skybluetony176

Free time! I wish.

New family. I was there. Didn't do a game for five years after my first was born and don't regret it one bit. Didn't miss a thing in those early years as they're the most important in my eyes. It's amazing how quickly they become independent and you can start doing some of the things you used to do again. Cherish those early years because they truly are the years you will never get back.

Users who are viewing this thread