Mondays meeting with Fisher (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

How can you complain about the state of roads if you're not creating your own company to tender the council to fix it.

Unhappy with the government and yet you're not standing for parliament.

Complaining about us being bottom of the league, I don't see you turning up at training and earning a contract.

If the trust wants wider involvement then it needs to show itself as competent. Today showed it for what it is, an amateur sisu out group attended by morons and not deserving of the title.

Great. When do I get to vote who runs our club like I get to vote who runs our country you Dumbo head.

italiahorse

No they don't, they can pay extra for marquee signings as well, and if you think Wasps like Saracens aren't breaking the cap you are deluded, which judging by your usual posts you clearly are.
You clearly don't know a great deal about this game you love so much.

Yes 2 marquee signings but again you miss the point.
I'm responding to the comment that wasps are signing every player going which they clearly can't.
I assume you agree with the rest of that post as you never picked it up. In respect that the way forward is to wait for Wasps to go bust and then buy the Ricoh stadium.
Your the one deluded as you seem intent on only writing inflammatory comments on my every post yet have no opinion on the actual thread.

Covstu

Just really disappointed with the lack of proper questioning last night, we had a great opportunity to nail down some tangible 'promises'feom this guy but just turned into a lot of people ranting and Timmy responding easily. He was let off the hook last night big time

letsallsingtogether

Funny how so many on here could have done a better job.
Shame it was a forum arranged by normal Coventry City fans and attended by Coventry City fans.
Also a shame that all the intellectuals who know everything were sitting at home crying on SBT.
PUSB.

Sky Blue Pete

There wasn't a genuine opportunity. There are no silver bullet questions and there would have been no great revelations.

Did everyone miss his heartfelt apology?

stupot07

All PL rugby teams have a wage cap of £6.5M per season.
The stadium was always up for grabs.
Bit of a red herring that, because they can sign 2 players outside the cap and pay them what they like.

Plus I can't see the cap being in place in 2-3 years time. The TV money will have the same affect as it did on football, wages will start to rocket.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sky blue john

Definately an opportunity missed but no point bleating about it now. Especially as everyone on here had the same opportunity to go. Maybe next time people will think twice about sitting at home and leaving it for others to do.

clint van damme

Shame it was a forum arranged by normal Coventry City fans and attended by Coventry City fans.
Also a shame that all the intellectuals who know everything were sitting at home crying on SBT.
PUSB.

A 5 year old could have done a better job, I don't blame the trust, I blame the fucking idiots shouting out who for some reason think anyone is interested in their incoherent grunting.
Last night was a missed opportunity and I bet fisher went home, poured himself a drink and sat their with that arrogant grin on his smug fucking face knowing he'd got away with murder.

Covstu

Not convinced he did, he left knowing he had zero challenging questions and everything he responded too he batted back in his usual style and it was accepted

ccfctommy

PUSB.
Well done for missing the point.

stupot07

It was accepted? How was that shown?
Sorry Pete, he answered very little because the crowd either didn't ask him a proper question, let him off the hook by giving a long winded 'speech' of how long they have supported the club then not ask a proper question, just ranted and got angry at him incoherently or continually interrupt him.

oldfiver

For heavens sake, that is PR bollocks. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED, I don't believe they are seriously talking to anyone, there are just a series of sops to fend off the FA, as long as SISU can hold on to the club without it costing money of them being faced by a true competitor they don't give a damn. I suspect the reason they are now talking about the Butts is to undermine Cov Utd in case they start to squeeze their revenue streams.

TF said yesterday Jon Sharp had indicated there were possibilties CCFC could play at BPA - why would Sharp say that if not so?

Astute

He got away with nothing. He spouted the usual lies and the number of people who believed any of it are on the fingers of one hand.

He will have left knowing the club is almost lost to the local community
There were no questions asked that we need to ask and be answered.

We would have more joy if we had a question and answer session on here with him. One question each allowed. No shouting to disrupt things and let him get away from the better questions.

The problem is he will read what we have to say on here and know that he couldn't bullshit us easily.

oldfiver

PUSB.

I am a very long term Coventry City Supporter and do not consider myself in theleast non itellectual

NorthernWisdom

I think what the trust has learnt is that a public questioning of TF just doesn't work. Way too much shouting out, not being controlled properly by Moz, and some very poor questions.

It needs to be done by professionals, with an excellent grasp of the history, and good memory for all Tims quotes, and some grasp of the financials as well. But, it must be pro's not afraid to ruffle feathers.

Answers given could be responded to without all the heckling, giving more time for further questions.

The thought that Tim is brave to front up at these meetings is rubbish too.. It's way too easy for him, and a doddle.

Mind you, I did smile at his "one insult at a time" comment, although that shows he was under no pressure at all.

So it's safe to say yesterday didn't work but then... did we expect it to, really? Did we expect Fisher to come out with revelations? Did we expect the audience to ask probing questions and engage in an intellectual chat?

What I hope we don't fall into is the trap of deciding that meeting didn't work, so let's make sure the chairman of our football club never meets the fans again. I think it's good last night happened because it opened up (however small) the channels of communication. By the next meeting the organisers will have looked at what didn't work, maybe taken on some suggestions on how to run it and sure, the next one might not work either... but we'll eventually get to a stage where these meetings are a bit more effective.

If we don't lose hope.

Because the chairman of our football club absolutely should have a platform to communicate with us. And OK, it didn't work last night, but let's not give up on that principle.

oldfiver

As bad as a fisher answer.

The march was fabulous

They got fisher to attend a meeting and he was found wanting.

What we really want is a successful club and we can't really do anything to affect that hence the anger

Fisher has been offering to meet for ages - do not give all the credit to the Trust

oldfiver

Bit of a red herring that, because they can sign 2 players outside the cap and pay them what they like.

Plus I can't see the cap being in place in 2-3 years time. The TV money will have the same affect as it did on football, wages will start to rocket.

Also a lot of high profile players have "employment" with local large employers which is only a form of sponsorship

letsallsingtogether

He got away with nothing. He spouted the usual lies and the number of people who believed any of it are on the fingers of one hand.

He will have left knowing the club is almost lost to the local community
Wrong not everyone.
We were talking to the financial Director of CRFC he told us."Tim was loved in this City" and couldn't see why we didn't.

I was looking at going to CRFC games next year but frankly if they are associated with Sisu then they can fuck off.
Another local Club with History that will get distroyed.
Give it time they will be the next ones on Sisus we batter them in court portfolio.

Last night was a farce. I felt sorry for Moz. Too many comments from fans aimed solely at getting themselves a clap rather than a concrete answer from Fisher.

Twice he tried to discuss the potential sale of the club yet he was shouted down and laughed at. I got the impression he was trying to put something out there but couldn't.

The forum in which it was held was wrong (a pub) and the organisation was poor/ Why weren't the questions pre-arranged to stop such ridiculousness as a 5-minute rant over pin badges and tickets for the Welsh/Irish supporters (which ended up being unfounded)?

Too much self-gratification last night, not enough answers from Fisher and in my opinion that wasn't his fault; shouting and ranting at him plays into his hands perfectly, it gives him exactly what he wants. Let him dig his own hole.

For me, last night was a missed opportunity. Like someone put on Twitter, our fans need to decide whether they want Facebook likes or real answers.

Moff

Yes 2 marquee signings but again you miss the point.
I'm responding to the comment that wasps are signing every player going which they clearly can't.
I assume you agree with the rest of that post as you never picked it up. In respect that the way forward is to wait for Wasps to go bust and then buy the Ricoh stadium.
Your the one deluded as you seem intent on only writing inflammatory comments on my every post yet have no opinion on the actual thread.

You are unbelievable. You state a fact its wrong, that 'all Premier League teams have a wage cap of 6.5 million' and I call you out for the rubbish that that is, and as per normal the Italia line comes out that I am missing the point. What is the point? as from what I can read its a one line unfactual statement.

Nowhere in the post I responded to was there any mention or reference to waiting for Wasps to go bust, so unless I can mind read how the hell would I know you were making any reference to that. I would suggest you check what post I responded to before spouting off.

Like many posters I responded to something I read and in your case it was a clear fabrication. Don't whitewash, accept it when you are wrong.

As for deluded if you wish to post 'facts' on the site that are clearly incorrect and baseless, I would suggest that you are the deluded one if you think it wont be picked up upon. Its not inflammatory to point out you were lying so deal with it. I see Stupot also pointed this out, but I cant see you crying over that.

As for opinion I posted it on another thread not full of frothy mouthed ranters like you. If it makes you feel better last night was a shambles and Fisher was allowed an easy ride, not down to the Trust but by the constant shouting out. That said he would have towed the party line whatever the line of questioning, he is as blinkered for SISU as you are for Wasps.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

So it's safe to say yesterday didn't work but then... did we expect it to, really? Did we expect Fisher to come out with revelations? Did we expect the audience to ask probing questions and engage in an intellectual chat?

What I hope we don't fall into is the trap of deciding that meeting didn't work, so let's make sure the chairman of our football club never meets the fans again. I think it's good last night happened because it opened up (however small) the channels of communication. By the next meeting the organisers will have looked at what didn't work, maybe taken on some suggestions on how to run it and sure, the next one might not work either... but we'll eventually get to a stage where these meetings are a bit more effective.

If we don't lose hope.

Because the chairman of our football club absolutely should have a platform to communicate with us. And OK, it didn't work last night, but let's not give up on that principle.

I like the idea of open forums too, but with so much emotion, they won't achieve much, if anything.

And no, we didn't really expect it to glean anything worthwhile, and I guess as a means to shout at TF it was actusally a success.... :)

I think they will only become more effective with a different chairman to ask questions of, as Tim has gone beyond the point of recovery with the fans I think.

chiefdave

Twice he tried to discuss the potential sale of the club yet he was shouted down and laughed at. I got the impression he was trying to put something out there but couldn't.
Can make a pretty good guess at what he was going to say, essentially who would buy the club in the state its in. That chap saying he would give them a pound for it and then when Fisher asked him how he'd fund running the club he just said local sponsors! Fisher should have asked him how he'd pay off the millions owed after he'd got the club for a pound.

It was a nice try by the Trust but the result was all too predictable. Was said many times on here that strong moderation was needed. Moz and Jan tried their best, fair play to them, but when everyone just starts shouting insults they didn't have much chance of getting any decent answers.

I like the idea of a Question Time style session. Get someone like Shane O'Connor in to chair and then have Fisher and two or three people who have a solid grasp on the facts. Get the questions arranged in advance (obviously don't let Fisher know what they are) and get proper questions and answers. You could potentially have a panel with Jon Sharp, someone from the council and someone from Wasps so that if Fisher comes out with 'Wasps are refusing to talk to us' we can get a response on that straight away.

NorthernWisdom

I think they will only become more effective with a different chairman to ask questions of, as Tim has gone beyond the point of recovery with the fans I think.
If we were to win games next season then views would change.

Irony is the meeting last night, if it got any information out, suggested we weren't likely to equip the manager with the tools to guarantee that happening!

skybluetony176

Believe me or not - I do not care !

If that's the case why don't they put the plan's into CCC and call their bluff? If they're serious why haven't they put the plan's in full stop? Without the need to call bluffs? Maybe it's because they are bluffing themselves. What other logical reason could there be for not submitting plans?

olderskyblue

NorthernWisdom

Not sure they would tbh. It would just be different things to shout at him about.
Just basing it on last season where, although there were still a fair number unhappy, the start of the season stopped people protesting, and had some saying SISU had learned from their mistakes, and we'd turned a corner.

And that'd be enough to allow his voice to be heard, even if not necessarily believed. If anything, the most bizarre thing is FIsher does these events when at a position of weakness, not of strength.

olderskyblue

Just basing it on last season where, although there were still a fair number unhappy, the start of the season stopped people protesting, and had some saying SISU had learned from their mistakes, and we'd turned a corner.

And that'd be enough to allow his voice to be heard, even if not necessarily believed. If anything, the most bizarre thing is FIsher does these events when at a position of weakness, not of strength.

Wasn't it Anderson back then?

But yes, you would still expect Fisher to show his face when something seems to be going well.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry Pete, he answered very little because the crowd either didn't ask him a proper question, let him off the hook by giving a long winded 'speech' of how long they have supported the club then not ask a proper question, just ranted and got angry at him incoherently or continually interrupt him.

I accept that but in what way were things accepted?

NorthernWisdom

Wasn't it Anderson back then?

But yes, you would still expect Fisher to show his face when something seems to be going well.
It was Anderson, and they clearly decided after Northampton to try different figureheads (Labovitch had a go, of course) but nonetheless, despite the ridicule he gets, we seem to get more information out of Fisher than any of the others anyway.

stupot07

I accept that but in what way were things accepted?
It was accepted because no one scrutinised him. We're not saying 'accepted' as in a dog lapping it up, but giving an answer then no one following it up with searching questions to pick his answers apart. Shouting 'rubbish', 'liar', etc isn't scrutinising.

weecohawena

How can there be 200 odd people in a room with Tim Fisher for over an hour and not one think to ask if we have a plan in place incase Wasps don't do a deal past summer 2018 for the Ricoh?

we did have a guy read a letter out though about the welsh and irish supporters. What more do you want?

Users who are viewing this thread