MK parking and predrinks (1 Viewer)

harvey098

This will be my first trip to Stadium MK. I’d prefer to drive than get the train in, can anyone that has driven previously recommend anything regarding parking? And then where do Cov normally gather beforehand? (Not drink driving... More for the group I’ll be with)

no_loyalty

I park in Staple Hall Road, just off Watling Street it's about a 10 minute walk to the ground. Not sure about boozers though mate.

lord_garrincha

I'm parking my train at Bletchey station, and plenty pubs from there... also it is on a 30 min walk should there be any travel issues.

Reactions: TTG

ceetee

There is an industrial estate opposite the ground and you can park in the streets, There are a few businesses which open their car parks for a fee, (at least somebody collects money), but we have never had a problem street parking. There's nowhere to drink as far as I know, beyond a coffee in Asda. It's a bit slow getting away but I have had success turning left to Bletchley and then right up the old Watling Street

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody who uses the phrase "predrinks" needs to have a word with themselves.

To be fair Nick, if it had been amuse bouche, I would have joined in the attack, - predrinks isn't quite as bad.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I parked on Mounts Farm Industrial Estate . Some companies do charge for use of their car park but I just parked on a company that was closed . Just a few minutes walk to the ground .

stay_up_skyblues

Also used the industrial estate last time out. Parked on a road in there with no yellow lines for free. Swift pint in Frankie & Bennies beforehand on the retail park was best we found near ground.

harvey098

It's a word invented by 17 year old girls who can't go out until midnight because they get drunk after 2 drinks so go to each others houses to pose for selfies for Instagram.

What age does the inventor of a word have to be, for it to be acceptable?

Warwickhunt

is the "Inn on the Lake" still open?

Liquid Gold

It's a word invented by 17 year old girls who can't go out until midnight because they get drunk after 2 drinks so go to each others houses to pose for selfies for Instagram.
To be fair it works the other way too, if you drink so much you can't afford to be out all night it makes sense to down a few cheap ones in advance.

robbiekeane

Or people who don’t want to spend outrageous money when they go out so have a few drinks before heading out...

Gibbo

usually shorted to "pre's"

Users who are viewing this thread