Pre (and hopefully Post) Match Plans (2 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Appreciate it’s been touched on within various threads, but I think it’s worthy of its own!

It’ll be nice to know where other Cov fans are congregating pre (and hopefully post!) game, be it in London with tickets to Wembley, in London without tickets or somewhere else entirely.

Our pre match plan;

Train into St Pancreas - few (nice) drinks in Farringdon - head towards the ground for a few more somewhere with atmosphere - so venue TBC.

Farringdon is a pretty obscure destination for a Wembley day but we’ve been there the last two trips so it’s now tradition. Despite not being an obvious pre-game location both times we’ve bumped into loads of Cov fans in the pubs we’ve frequented!

Post match;

Last train home booked, but we’ll play where we go and what times by ear. Either way we’ll make the most of the day, but if it’s a win that’ll be an interesting spin on where we end up!

Bertola

My office isn't far from Farringdon, so know there's a few pubs round there that are decent, and then direct tube to Wembley. Can't beat it.

As for me, I'm on the Sky Blue Express so beers before/ after at CTK. Probably end up at the green man onc were down at the ground

North York’s Blue

Early breakfast in ‘Spoons at Baker Street, heading to Kilburn after that. Some nice pubs there, enough fans to have an atmosphere but not mega crowded. Not sure yet afterwards, will probably see some of my family back to Euston and then more drinks with my 2 lads.

no_loyalty

Early one in The Spongate (probably be manic) for a big breakfast and a couple of Guiness, before getting coach to Wembley.

SBT

Farringdon is a pretty obscure destination for a Wembley day but we’ve been there the last two trips so it’s now tradition. Despite not being an obvious pre-game location both times we’ve bumped into loads of Cov fans in the pubs we’ve frequented!
Where in Farringdon do you typically go? I’m not far from there and my dad’s likely meeting me there on Saturday morning so would be good to pregame somewhere with a chance of having other City fans!

Great_Expectations

Where in Farringdon do you typically go? I’m not far from there and my dad’s likely meeting me there on Saturday morning so would be good to pregame somewhere with a chance of having other City fans!

There’s a few pubs with a great range of craft beers around there, so we’ll see on the day.

But two we’ll definitely go to are;

The Spoons opposite the tube (Sir John OldCastle) - horrendous choice considering other options but we went there first trip for a quick one while waiting for the others so now it’s bloody tradition!

Craft Beer Co (Clerkenwell) - normally have a massive selection of beers on. Again it’s tradition! Last Wembley trip was especially good - the pub was basically Cov!

Will likely be in the area from late morning time!

Perryccfc

I live in lowestoft and taking my kids so it’s a logistical nightmare. But I trust that the party will go on through Sunday (should we win) so I have it in my head I will drive the kids home Sunday from London hotel, then head straight to Cov. We will see.

Great_Expectations

Surely if we win everyone gets back to cov asap?

The city will be partying like nothing thats been seen since 87?

Yea - we’ve done that the last two Wembley trips although it sort of blurs into one!

I can see us having a few around the ground then ending up on a train back into Cov for where ever is looking like it has a good atmosphere.

I remember after the CheckaTrade we ended up in the Oak (so you know it must have been a late one) and a few of the players including Lameries ended up in there!

SkyBlueSoul

Probably get down to London about 1, general plan is to head to the fan zone outside the ground with a few people. My anxiety levels will be high enough without having to stress about getting there on time. Also determined not to overdo it, getting steaming on a normal away day is fine but I want to remember this (hopefully).

After, try and get a train back to Cov before they stop running from Euston. Can see every train being carnage, especially if it goes to ET/pens. If we win it's gonna be a hell of a party in town.

nunchuckas

There’s a few pubs with a great range of craft beers around there, so we’ll see on the day.

But two we’ll definitely go to are;

The Spoons opposite the tube (Sir John OldCastle) - horrendous choice considering other options but we went there first trip for a quick one while waiting for the others so now it’s bloody tradition!

Craft Beer Co (Clerkenwell) - normally have a massive selection of beers on. Again it’s tradition! Last Wembley trip was especially good - the pub was basically Cov!

Will likely be in the area from late morning time!
Farringdon Piano Works has Happy Hour on nice cocktails from 11:30am -1pm

capel & collindridge

Any Sky Sports pubs in South East London where unfortunate Sky Blues fans who didn't manage to get tickets are now planning to hang out on Saturday afternoon? Or is everyone going to the Wembley area to watch the game somewhere either inside or outside the stadium?

WestEndAgro

Booked a Rooftop Party for two hours right next to Wembley stadium, 1 till 3 so look out for the Pyros on the roof.
Afterwards Box Park, then staying over in London.
It's going to be messy win or lose.
PUSB 💙

rabitau

Any Sky Sports pubs in South East London where unfortunate Sky Blues fans who didn't manage to get tickets are now planning to hang out on Saturday afternoon? Or is everyone going to the Wembley area to watch the game somewhere either inside or outside the stadium?

I’m heading to The One Tun on Goodge St. Appreciate not South East but there all day. Be great to get a gaggle of fans together!

Probably heading to Boxpark after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nunchuckas

Didn’t know that - cheers.

Not a massive fan of cocktails myself, but one of our party is, so if he moans about ‘beer that tastes like soap’ too much I’ll give him the good news!
Some were about £5.50 during happy hour last time I was there, which is cheap for any drink in London. And they were good cocktails too..

It might include beer too, I'm not sure

Great_Expectations

I’m heading to The One Tun on Goodge St. Appreciate not South East but there all day. Be great to get a gaggle of fans together!

Probably heading to Boxpark after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of a few old school friends without tickets heading here to watch the game……

cv3

Train to euston for 11am. Breakfast in spoons at St Pancras (barrel vault) Drinks at the swan, Lancaster Gate or Baker St. Head up to wembley about 2ish for fanzone or boxpark. After,drinks in London somewhere, train to Essex to inlaws. Back to cov early Sunday if we win for all day party on town. If we lose, no rush.

Great_Expectations

I’m not getting a slightly earlier train, just want to get there and start soaking it all in!

Still not sure of where we’re heading once we move closer to Wembley but will decide in the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread