MK Dons Tickets (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

MK Dons offering dirt cheap tickets to anyone who works in the MK area - makes our Big Day Out seem all the more bizarre when the oposing team could care less.

caring.png

ccfc1234

Enjoy the day

I don't understand all the moralistic rants on this thread. MK dons are nothing to do with ccfc despite there being some similarities. However to be honest the rights and wrongs of each case are not why I would not miss the game for anything. I love being part of a huge following and hearing the sky blue songs being belted out by thousands. It creates an atmosphere that unless we get a big club away in the cup we will not sadly get experience much this season.
I would encourage all fans to go who can make it, let's sell as close to 7,000 as we can and make some noise as a fan base and show we are still a great club with a passionate following.
Finally if you cast your minds back 12 months to the last time we played them away the national press coverage we got about us taking double the home gates we get got our plight towards the top of the footballing worlds agenda.

Instead of fighting would it not be more proactive to talk about and organise the best kind of mass demo possible that would once again get the medias attention and show we are far from happy with the away our club is being abused by the owners with the complicit approval of the football league?

cornoccfc

I don't understand all the moralistic rants on this thread. MK dons are nothing to do with ccfc despite there being some similarities. However to be honest the rights and wrongs of each case are not why I would not miss the game for anything. I love being part of a huge following and hearing the sky blue songs being belted out by thousands. It creates an atmosphere that unless we get a big club away in the cup we will not sadly get experience much this season.
I would encourage all fans to go who can make it, let's sell as close to 7,000 as we can and make some noise as a fan base and show we are still a great club with a passionate following.
Finally if you cast your minds back 12 months to the last time we played them away the national press coverage we got about us taking double the home gates we get got our plight towards the top of the footballing worlds agenda.

Instead of fighting would it not be more proactive to talk about and organise the best kind of mass demo possible that would once again get the medias attention and show we are far from happy with the away our club is being abused by the owners with the complicit approval of the football league?

Spot on! Way I see it, totally different set of circumstances, pretty much certain that there would be no club if MK Dons didn't happen.

AFC went in huge numbers, if they can get over it, it's a non issue.

Should treat the game for what it is; away game against a local(ish) club.

PUSB

AndreasB

I dont get all the "moralistic rants" either on this forum. People so easily to badge their stance as a moral position when it is nothing of the sort.

LB87ccfc

...with much smaller away ends. :facepalm:

For me the atmosphere is always better in the smaller away ends with low roofs, we have always created better atmospheres with the regulars, instead the once a season wonders for MK.. last year until the freekicks the atmosphere was shocking and the same song was repeated over and over, with 4 5 different sections trying to start and finish it.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I must have missed the moralistic rants on this thread?? Plenty on the forum....no argument there...but not on this thread.

As for my input, I have at no point compared our clubs current plight with that of the old Wimbledon/new MK Franchise debacle.

I was just puzzled (still am really) as to why 7000+ fans are happy to do an away day to a shitty no-mark franchise club in a concrete dump of a new town yet we take less than 1/7th of that to clubs like Bradford, PNE, Oldham, Tranmere, Bristol City etc.

Ho hum.

Monners

I must have missed the moralistic rants on this thread?? Plenty on the forum....no argument there...but not on this thread.

As for my input, I have at no point compared our clubs current plight with that of the old Wimbledon/new MK Franchise debacle.

I was just puzzled (still am really) as to why 7000+ fans are happy to do an away day to a shitty no-mark franchise club in a concrete dump of a new town yet we take less than 1/7th of that to clubs like Bradford, PNE, Oldham, Tranmere, Bristol City etc.

Ho hum.

As we all know, its easy to get to, so hence the numbers. The others you mention are less so (far less for the oop north ones). I am not sure that the architectural splendour, or otherwise, of any place is of much relevence to fans. Far more so, transport/parking, travel time, ticket cost, safety (think families here). We did sell out at Wolves, Walsall, Notts County last season also. It really isn't a mystery.

Astute

If Wimbledon supporters don't have a problem going to games with them why should we?

If I can get out of work I will be going. And I will be going with a Wimbledon supporter. And he will be cheering us on as much as we will be.

Neutral Fan

Plenty of Wimbledon fans - and others - don't go to matches v MK Dons for the reasons said in this thread.

What I'm finding odd is those saying it's easy to get to (26 minutes said one). Sixfields is half as far from Coventry so if it's so easy to watch Franchise what could be the problem with going to Sixfields!!!

Monners

Plenty of Wimbledon fans - and others - don't go to matches v MK Dons for the reasons said in this thread.

What I'm finding odd is those saying it's easy to get to (26 minutes said one). Sixfields is half as far from Coventry so if it's so easy to watch Franchise what could be the problem with going to Sixfields!!!

I live in Northampton and don't attend Sixfields, again for reasons well documented. If you don't go to MK Dons games, then fair enough. Why do you insist on turning up on this forum as a so called neutral fan to wind people up more than they already are? You have made the same point many times, now please leave and allow us Cov fans to quietly bicker amongst ourselves in peace please.

Last edited:

Hobo

If you are that Neutral why do you care?

skybluelee

Because I refuse to acknowledge Sixfields as our home ground.

I don't care about MKDs like I don't care about the other 90 teams in the PL/FL.

skybluelee

We still haven't sold out the initial allocation of 2,400. Looks like numbers will be well down on last year. Further proof of supporters drifting away from the club?

cornoccfc

We still haven't sold out the initial allocation of 2,400. Looks like numbers will be well down on last year. Further proof of supporters drifting away from the club?

Still plenty of time, though no doubt timing of the game isn't ideal being summer break.

Users who are viewing this thread