Mk Dons game will be the Barometer (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Nice to see more people recognising this year how hypercritical it is to complain about the club being fucked around and playing in N'ton on the one hand but on the other going in droves to watch MK Dons.

bigfatronssba

So is it now officially wrong to go and support our team if the money is going to parties who have moved a club from its home?

If that's the unanimous decision then I am happy to support that and admit I was wrong to go to MK Dons last year.

I look forward to seeing a completely empty Sixfields this season then.

oakey

Middle of school holidays. Peak time. Therefore, like me hundreds will be away on holiday. So factor that into your calculations.
I went last year but not this time.

lordsummerisle

So is it now officially wrong to go and support our team if the money is going to parties who have moved a club from its home?

If that's the unanimous decision then I am happy to support that and admit I was wrong to go to MK Dons last year.

Those that go to Sixfields, but won't go to MK Dons = Hypocrites.

Those that go to Sixfields and go to MK Dons = Non-Hypocrites.

Those that don't go to Sixfields or MK Dons = Non Hypocrites.

Those that don't go to Sixfields but go to MK Dons = Hypocrites.

I suspect that you're in number 4.

Samo

You can't have it both ways, do you think it's wrong or don't you? Go to MK if you want too but please... don't complain about our plight.

skybluelee

What bollocks. I will not go to Shitfields as I refuse to recognise it as our home ground not because of a moral stand against franchise football.

If we ever became an 'MK style franchise' club I wouldn't be watching any matches home or away because they would no longer be my team.

Samo

What bollocks. I will not go to Shitfields as I refuse to recognise it as our home ground not because of a moral stand against franchise football.

If we ever became an 'MK style franchise' club I wouldn't be watching any matches home or away because they would no longer be my team.

If you have no moral view on it, fair enough, no argument from me.

Last edited:

blend

I think the point is you can't really do both. That suggests you won't go see a team who's moved temporarily... but once it's permanent, all is well! So either watch them in both places, or neither.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice or is that only when it suits? Which do you do then?

bigfatronssba

Those that say we all have a right to go to whatever games we wish yet criticise those who act on that = Hypocrites (and that includes JPT semi final games in Cov)

bigfatronssba

You can't have it both ways, do you think it's wrong or don't you? Go to MK if you want too but please... don't complain about our plight.

I wont be going this year.

As you say, cant have it both ways, so the principle behind your statement suggests this: Go to Sixfields if you want too but please... don't complain about our plight

Samo

I wont be going this year.

As you say, cant have it both ways, so the principle behind your statement suggests this: Go to Sixfields if you want too but please... don't complain about our plight

Exaclty right yes. If you go to Sixfields, your presence there implies acceptance of the situation. Moan about the owners, moan about the team but don't moan about not playing in Cov!

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Whatever happened to freedom of choice or is that only when it suits? Which do you do then?

It should indeed be freedom of choice for some.

Those who just do as they wish... fine. Those who bitch, moan and use inflammatory language against people who go to Sixfields before merrily toddling off to MK... hypocritical cocks, more selfish than just about, well... anybody else!

Last edited:

TheOldFive

On the plus side...

To answer the OP then no, MK will not be the barometer of support as it's a special case that should probably be discounted from reading anything into, full-stop.
I think this coming season we shall see the decline in our away support attendances as the most distinct evidence that the end is nigh. Sixfields attendances won't improve, the Awaydays will shrink, CCFC will slip from the agenda of the people of Coventry and go the way of so many faded former glorious memories that haunt this City. Sad, but inevitable while nothing changes re ownership or location.

letsallsingtogether

This is so true shame that most can't or won't see it.
Fuck people around for too long and they just give up and never return..

I think this coming season we shall see the decline in our away support attendances as the most distinct evidence that the end is nigh. Sixfields attendances won't improve, the Awaydays will shrink, CCFC will slip from the agenda of the people of Coventry and go the way of so many faded former glorious memories that haunt this City. Sad, but inevitable while nothing changes re ownership or location.

Spionkop

Let's wait and see what Monday morning brings before the world ends. It may be nothing. But it may be something.
Sisu brought the JR, saying it would bring out revelations. It didn't really do that did it?
Then when it ends they say it was a 'sideshow.' What is it Sisu?
The JR surely must have some consequences?
One thing is - if Sisu ever got control of the Ricoh (heaven forbid) - I believe they'd set up a company that would charge CCFC a very big rent. And they do it with a passion. If you thought the Council charged too high a rent.....
Tomorrow will be interesting, whatever your perspective.
My wish? Hope Sisu get battered in court and they sell up and cut their losses.
They are simply poison to our club.

stupot07

One thing is - if Sisu ever got control of the Ricoh (heaven forbid) - I believe they'd set up a company that would charge CCFC a very big rent. And they do it with a passion. If you thought the Council charged too high a rent.....

That makes no sense to me, sisu charge the club extortionate rent which contributes to bigger losses, to which sisu have to lend the club money (that they will very likely never get back) to meet the losses, so it can pay the rent (as well as other costs)...sounds like just more scaremongering nonsense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Spionkop

Your argument would apply if Sisu had a shred of concern for CCFC, they don't. They will do exactly what makes them the most money.

Nick

Administrator
Your argument would apply if Sisu had a shred of concern for CCFC, they don't. They will do exactly what makes them the most money.

Surely his argument is that sisu.wouldn't make money if they did it the way he said?

skybluetony176

That makes no sense to me, sisu charge the club extortionate rent which contributes to bigger losses, to which sisu have to lend the club money (that they will very likely never get back) to meet the losses, so it can pay the rent (as well as other costs)...sounds like just more scaremongering nonsense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

If you take away the part about sisu charging extortionate rent and replace it with NTFC is changing extortionate rent (as a cost to return rent, this is the worst rent deal the club has ever entered) the scenario you describe as scare mongering is the exact scenario sisu willingly put us into last season and look to be doing again next season, so it's hardly scare mongering as they've already shown a willingness to do it.

stupot07

If you take away the part about sisu charging extortionate rent and replace it with NTFC is changing extortionate rent (as a cost to return rent, this is the worst rent deal the club has ever entered) the scenario you describe as scare mongering is the exact scenario sisu willingly put us into last season and look to be doing again next season, so it's hardly scare mongering as they've already shown a willingness to do it.

Nice spinning, but the short term temporary NTFC deal is a completely different scenario to Spoinkops permanent sisu charging extortionate rental deal at the Ricoh , however you try to spin it.

Oh, and if said extortionate rent (and I guess he means significantly higher than £1.3m), was lets say £2m per annum, the cost to return would be not dissimilar to Sixfields, given we only made £2.9m ticket revenue including 7-8 cup games in our last season at the Ricoh.

skybluetony176

Nice spinning, but the short term temporary NTFC deal is a completely different scenario to Spoinkops permanent sisu charging extortionate rental deal at the Ricoh , however you try to spin it.

Oh, and if said extortionate rent (and I guess he means significantly higher than £1.3m), was lets say £2m per annum, the cost to return would be not dissimilar to Sixfields, given we only made £2.9m ticket revenue including 7-8 cup games in our last season at the Ricoh.

No spinning, Northampton is the worst return on a rent deal this club has ever had.

How do you know what a permanent sisu deal will offer the club when they quite deliberately (it seems) won't inform us. Bad spinning.

stupot07

No spinning, Northampton is the worst return on a rent deal this club has ever had.

How do you know what a permanent sisu deal will offer the club when they quite deliberately (it seems) won't inform us. Bad spinning.

I don't know, and neither do you or Spoinkop. Which is my point - Spoinkop said they will charge very high rent, higher than what ACL were charging us. It doesn't make sense for the reasons I've outlined, and tab his completely different to your NTFC argument.

Suggesting, when you have absolutely non proof, that sisu will charge very high rent, higher than £1.3m ACL rent is pure speculation and scaremongering.

Samo

I don't know, and neither do you or Spoinkop. Which is my point - Spoinkop said they will charge very high rent, higher than what ACL were charging us. It doesn't make sense for the reasons I've outlined, and tab his completely different to your NTFC argument.

Suggesting, when you have absolutely non proof, that sisu will charge very high rent, higher than £1.3m ACL rent is pure speculation and scaremongering.

If it were that high they'd refuse to pay themselves. :whistle:

DazzleTommyDazzle

I've no idea what SISU would do if this situation arose, but if they were to decide to charge the club an "extortionate rent" this would be a nil sum game for them, as one of their companies (the club) would be paying it and another (the property owning non-trading subsidiary :)) receiving it.

So no net effect to them, it'd just move the revenue/cost from one legal entity to another.

skybluebal

3 of us won't be attending this game or much more. I've had as much as I can take of how SISU are "running" our club and the indifference of the FL & FA. When SISU show some interest in CCFC as a football club, so will I.

Users who are viewing this thread