Mk Dons game will be the Barometer (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

23rd of August MK Dons away will see if we are or we are not slowly losing our support in numbers- my prediction 3,000

ccfcway

What is it with this game.

I wouldn't set foot in there, in the same way I wouldn't go to sixfields

Samo

I don't believe it will be a barometer as there will be pressure not to attend due to the nature of MK, many regret going last season and will not repeat, it does not reflect well on us as fans if we are giving money to a club like MK. I hope the attendance is zero.

skybluetony176

I think it will be less this season if we remain at suxfields. I reckon the away crowd will drop off significantly this season full stop without a return home.

bringbackrattles

The reason we all go in our numbers to MKDons is simple really,it's a good day out.<br>Easy to get to,a day on the lash,meet lads you don't see much of now due to Sixfields,outnumbering the home fans,in other words for us who won't attend Sixfields it's a fixture you look forward too.

Kingokings204

People have lost severe interest now. Maybe 2-3000 tops. I expect half to have dropped off.

Hope to be proved wrong but sadly I won't be.

skybluelee

I don't believe it will be a barometer as there will be pressure not to attend due to the nature of MK, many regret going last season and will not repeat, it does not reflect well on us as fans if we are giving money to a club like MK. I hope the attendance is zero.

Why? No other clubs' fans give a shit about our predicament, hence the thousands that have travelled to watch their team play at Shitfields.

Wimbledon themselves packed at the away end at MK so why shouldn't we?

This fixture gets a good turnout due to its relative locality to Coventry, its ease to get to by road or rail, and the huge away end.

Good days out following Coventry are so rare these days that people naturally look forward to matches like this when 7,000 fans can have a few beers and a sing song.

Nothing more, nothing less. And I am looking forward to it big time.

bringbackrattles

Why? No other clubs' fans give a shit about our predicament, hence the thousands that have travelled to watch their team play at Shitfields.

This fixture gets a good turnout due to its relative locality to Coventry, its ease to get to by road or rail, and the huge away end.

Good days out following Coventry are so rare these days that people naturally look forward to matches like this when 7,000 fans can have a few beers and a sing song.

I'm looking forward to the march first then MKDons away. Like you it's a chance to meet up again have a drink and feel like a real fan again.

Samo

Why? Because of our particular predicament obviously. It's plain hypocrisy.

lewys33

I have never been to MK dons and can't foresee myself going any time soon. Doesn't feel right to me.

wingy

Never been and while I like the feel of large contingents together in the Sky blue cause ,rather It was somewhere else ,Free country and all choices are Individual .not seeking to be judge mental.

The Reverend Skyblue

Unfortunately as I have mentioned in another thread this match coincides with my charity event ,the solo skateboard across Antartica wearing only a mankini, so I won't be able to go.

Hopefully there is room in my mankini to put my ipad so I can keep up with SBT and the match thread.

Samo

Unfortunately as I have mentioned in another thread this match coincides with my charity event ,the solo skateboard across Antartica wearing only a mankini, so I won't be able to go.

Hopefully there is room in my mankini to put my ipad so I can keep up with SBT and the match thread.

Only you know how much room is inside your mankini my friend.

Sky Blue Harry H

Never been and while I like the feel of large contingents together in the Sky blue cause ,rather It was somewhere else ,Free country and all choices are Individual .not seeking to be judge mental.

Wingy - I wish you wouldn't use phrases like... 'judge mental' with only 2 days till JR result...it feels like a bad omen !!!!
I see the irony in MK reaping the financial benefits of us going, but on a personal note I have enjoyed two of the best away games there these past two seasons. The same reason that I enjoyed Port Vale and Notts County (yep), in that it reminded me that we weren't quite dead. As a group of fans we have to be able to turn up in numbers and bond occasionally. It might sound a bit tribal, but isn't that a big part of what being a supporter is all about? ;)

rupert_bear

It will be getting on 10000 believe me. Top tier will be open unlike last year and I hear through the grapevine it will be used to show sisu how much we love them

Last edited:

wingy

Wingy - I wish you wouldn't use phrases like... 'judge mental' with only 2 days till JR result...it feels like a bad omen !!!!
I see the irony in MK reaping the financial benefits of us going, but on a personal note I have enjoyed two of the best away games there these past two seasons. The same reason that I enjoyed Port Vale and Notts County (yep), in that it reminded me that we weren't quite dead. As a group of fans we have to be able to turn up in numbers and bond occasionally. It might sound a bit tribal, but isn't that a big part of what being a supporter is all about? ;)

As i said totally understand others reasoning ,and yes as I wrote Judge Mental the front page of the CT sprang to mind ,spellchecker wouldn't let me go as one word .:facepalm:

stupot07

Or you could argue that the numbers show the potential to be so much bigger than that which they seem to be touting us at?

I'm pretty sure they know we're bigger than 2.5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Snozz_is_god

Went last year, but won't be going this year, mainly because I have decided not to attend another game until SISU have gone, even if they somehow come back to the Ricoh.

It's SISU out or nothing for me now.

M&B Stand

Depends on the start, 7 points from the first 3 games and thousands will go.

I'll probably go to Swindon the week after instead, been the last 2 years and it's a good day out but MK dons is such a benign atmosphere, the home fans are weird. Like the sort of people that go to hockey or American football.

Skyblueweeman

Went last year, but won't be going this year, mainly because I have decided not to attend another game until SISU have gone, even if they somehow come back to the Ricoh.

It's SISU out or nothing for me now.

Really?? So if we're back at the Ricoh and top 6 come May (regardless of likelihood) and needing 3 points at home to someone like Walsall to get an Automatic Spot, you wouldn't go??

Jesus Christ man...you're going to be waiting a long time....no one else wants to buy us...you could be staying a way for a while!

WM

letsallsingtogether

Well some should feel at home then just like Sixfields.
Any way I will be going

Depends on the start, 7 points from the first 3 games and thousands will go.

I'll probably go to Swindon the week after instead, been the last 2 years and it's a good day out but MK dons is such a benign atmosphere, the home fans are weird. Like the sort of people that go to hockey or American football.

Snozz_is_god

Really?? So if we're back at the Ricoh and top 6 come May (regardless of likelihood) and needing 3 points at home to someone like Walsall to get an Automatic Spot, you wouldn't go??

Jesus Christ man...you're going to be waiting a long time....no one else wants to buy us...you could be staying a way for a while!

WM

Absolutely not, SISU are not for me. As for potential buyers, agreed there isn't any at the moment, would you deal with SISU?

However, there will be people waiting to pick up the pices when SISU go, mark my words, it's how they go that is the worrying thing.

As for the 3 point scenario, get real it ain't going to happen. SISU aren't going to invest in the playing squad.

letsallsingtogether

To true Steve.
What a day out if sun is shining even better, Need to see if the club will let us in after the game this year?:)

We getting the train again?
Breakfast in same place?
Peg Army on tour

Neutral Fan

Though I feel sorry your team is temporarily franchised to my town, that sympathy is stretched when a lot of the fans paid Mr Franchise himself (Winkie) £100k in away tickets.

MK Dons are the original franchise. They started the rot which SISU have continued.

In my eyes they should both be avoided as far as possible. Why not pack out Bedworth or Nuneaton on 23 August...a far better protest and achievement.

NorthernWisdom

Would indeed look good.

Or if non league not an option, we all bog off to watch AFC Wimbledon that day.

Or... if they don't want to get involved, pick a local-ish league team (Oxford? Shrewsbury?) and boost their gate instead.

Could see it now on the football league show and beyond, would be a slightly more imaginative protest... and pick the right side, might even see some half decent football for a change!

skybluelee

Would indeed look good.

Or if non league not an option, we all bog off to watch AFC Wimbledon that day.

Or... if they don't want to get involved, pick a local-ish league team (Oxford? Shrewsbury?) and boost their gate instead.

Could see it now on the football league show and beyond, would be a slightly more imaginative protest... and pick the right side, might even see some half decent football for a change!

Football as a neutral......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread