Mk Dons funeral protest (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Some will take offence to whatever people choose to do in this day and age, but it will hopefully make statement and get some media attention!

It's not about taking offence as such - just don't think that it is appropriate. Be surprised it would get that much media attention because of the nature of it.

torchomatic

Bit hypocritical for those who attend Wasps matches and who have been to Stadium MK in the past, but whatever.

NorthernWisdom

Question, has the WImbledon bit been approved by AFC Wimbledon?

If so then fine I guess. If not however, it's a slightly odd metaphor, as I always assumed the point of AFC WImbledon was that WImbledon *hadn't* died, and *didn't* need mourning as a result, but rather celebrating.

Don't get me wrong, am all for pointing out the ills of MK Dons's existence, but ;)

torchomatic

It's not about taking offence as such - just don't think that it is appropriate. Be surprised it would get that much media attention because of the nature of it.

It'll be in the Telegraph . That's it.

This kind of protesting has been done in football by many other clubs fans, and used in protests across the board, there was one in London not to long ago where a hearse and various other bits from a funeral was used! You have to remember it's done because fan's feel passionate about their club and its future. Again there's always going to be people (especially from our fan base) that will try to discredit any form of action taken against the club!

letsallsingtogether

Bit hypocritical for those who attend Wasps matches and who have been to Stadium MK in the past, but whatever.
Have they been to wasps or MK games then ?
Or is this more of your usual bullshit.
Wouldn't expect the likes of you to give a fuck anyway.
Just waiting for your mate Andteasb to pipe up now......

Captain Dart

It is designed to attract media attention, it will.

letsallsingtogether

Question, has the WImbledon bit been approved by AFC Wimbledon?

If so then fine I guess. If not however, it's a slightly odd metaphor, as I always assumed the point of AFC WImbledon was that WImbledon *hadn't* died, and *didn't* need mourning as a result, but rather celebrating.

Don't get me wrong, am all for pointing out the ills of MK Dons's existence, but ;)
You sure your not really a Wimbledon fan Northern?
You are always more bothered about them then us.

Samo

Personally think anything that trivialises death is a little inappropriate - but whatever.

A little over sensitive surely Ian... Death is trivialized, mocked, lampooned, dramatized and poked fun at in every culture, it's the human way of coping with the knowledge of it. It's not aimed at the death of any individual, just a way of demonstrating the fear of loss, in this case... our football club.

A little over sensitive surely Ian... Death is trivialized, mocked, lampooned, dramatized and poked fun at in every culture, it's the human way of coping with the knowledge of it. It's not aimed at the death of any individual, just a way of demonstrating the fear of loss, in this case... our football club.
Well said!

oucho

Personally think anything that trivialises death is a little inappropriate - but whatever.

Not a fan of The Ashes in cricket??

wingy

Hardly offensive really Is It?
Just a Metaphor.

oucho

Aaah he just doesn't like the idea because it focuses fans anger on the club.

Ian1779

Maybe it is - but each to our own. Let them get on with it, if that's what they feel is an effective way to protest, good luck to them. It's not like they would listen to feedback from me, or from any fan for that matter.

torchomatic

Have they been to wasps or MK games then ?
Or is this more of your usual bullshit.
Wouldn't expect the likes of you to give a fuck anyway.
Just waiting for your mate Andteasb to pipe up now......

No i don't at the moment. Have more important things to worry about .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If it's meant to attract Wimbledon supporters it won't because they won't be here. This is not their club. They don't recognise it at all and fortunately for them they have a new AFC to follow.

Brylowes

Maybe it is - but each to our own. Let them get on with it, if that's what they feel is an effective way to protest, good luck to them. It's not like they would listen to feedback from me, or from any fan for that matter.
TBF Ian, I never really see much constructive feedback offered on here with regards
Protests, some always try to offer support, but the same faces can't come on quick
Enough to try and ridicule / discredit. IMHO

Nick

Administrator
TBF Ian, I never really see much constructive feedback offered on here with regards
Protests, some always try to offer support, but the same faces can't come on quick
Enough to try and ridicule / discredit. IMHO

You aren't looking properly then.

Users who are viewing this thread