MK Dons Away (1 Viewer)

skybluefred

Showing yourself up now fred. Unless you're top 3 in the prem you're not a big club. hahaha mug.

Big clubs have crowds in excess of 30,000 for every home game and their away support is tremendous also.
Big clubs don't play home games away. We at the present moment are not even big in league 3 in comparison to Wolves or Sheff Utd for instance.The only time we could be called a big club was during the Jimmy Hill era and that was only
in our second division day's. From the Earl Shanks days onwards we have always struggled for money so have never been able to compete with the big boy's--the one highlight being our CUP win. The rest of the time was one long fight to stay in the Premiership.
So quite honestly anybody who thinks we are a big club are the deluded ones, although it would be interesting to hear
your view's on why you think we are a big club.

ohitsaidwalker king power

No, my point is those who go to MK Dons cannot criticise those who go to Sixfields. Only those that refuse attendance at all - such as myself - can take a moral high ground.

I am more troubled by the latter as the former do not have any pretence of superiority or motality.

I'm not sure we will ever agree G- but thats the beauty of the freedom of speech and forums such as this that enable such a privilege.

I think you can read this huge sky blue following to MK DONS many ways.

It could be concluded that such a large following is simply a very clear 'V' sign to CCFC owners Northampton strategy- MK ticket sales to date suggest a 3-4 fold Sixfield attendance from Sky blue fans alone. Are we hypocrites? perhaps- but I'd argue no more so than those that go to Sixfield despite objecting to the groundshare move, those that do so suggest they are only going to support "the team" and not SISU, the large sky blue following to MK Dons is surely the different side of the same coin isn't it?

Apologies if this has already been covered in the preceding 45 pages but has anyone got recommendations for parking at the match.
Thanks in advance.....................

Grendel

Apologies if this has already been covered in the preceding 45 pages but has anyone got recommendations for parking at the match.
Thanks in advance.....................

Car Park H -- that is H for Hypocricy

smouch1975

The Nazi's once had a big club. From 1939 till 1943. Then they slowly slipped down the leagues and were finally disbanded in 1945? Happy to be corrected

Big clubs have crowds in excess of 30,000 for every home game and their away support is tremendous also.
Big clubs don't play home games away. We at the present moment are not even big in league 3 in comparison to Wolves or Sheff Utd for instance.The only time we could be called a big club was during the Jimmy Hill era and that was only
in our second division day's. From the Earl Shanks days onwards we have always struggled for money so have never been able to compete with the big boy's--the one highlight being our CUP win. The rest of the time was one long fight to stay in the Premiership.
So quite honestly anybody who thinks we are a big club are the deluded ones, although it would be interesting to hear

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Just commit now then bruv, nowt to live for you depressive mong...Cov fans: finding something to moan about since 1883

I see...so let's present you with an hypothesis.

You go to the MK Don's game with someone unaware of the clubs' plight. Let's imagine the conversation.

"So Astute you don't go to home games"

"No, SISU have moved us 35 miles down the road - I will not watch the club unless its away"

"Why"

"Why?! its disgusting, the Football League are spineless, no-one should be allowed to do that to any club"

"OK so today this is MK Don's -- how long have they been here -- 130 years like Coventry?"

So once again you try to knock the supporters who go to away games and your solution to the problem is to keep giveing money to sisu. The city supporters will not travel to northampton, only a few misguided people followed the Pied Piper Tim Fisher.

No, you know full well what I mean. If you abhore the concept of giving money to a club that moves out of its roots for no reason other than greed the last place you would go to demonstrate that is MK Don's. What next? Its like a passionate vegetarian who once a year books a flight to Spain to watch bullfighting.

WE are just against giveing SISU money, their is no great movement to stop giveing money to other clubs. All city fans want CCFC back in coventry and it might upset you to know they do not care that much about other clubs.Any time you like just roll over and get a good kicking of fisher.

No, my point is those who go to MK Dons cannot criticise those who go to Sixfields. Only those that refuse attendance at all - such as myself - can take a moral high ground.

I am more troubled by the latter as the former do not have any pretence of superiority or motality.
The supporters are showing SISU they will travel to see their team, just not to sixfields. They are also showing the team they are still their, you just have to read their comments after they away games. What are you doing besides resting on your backside doing nothing.

Ashdown1

I take it the new shop will be open today and selling MK tickets. We must have crossed the 5,500 mark by now I imagine ?!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Can no one see theirony of this thread?

Which irony?

The irony of Coventry fans travelling to see their team play away to a team that only exists because of owners who moved them away from their original home

or

The irony of posters who froth with indignation when any Coventry fan is criticised for "supporting their team" at Sixfields, yet feel free to critise Coventry fans for "supporting their team" at MK?

WillieStanley

Which irony?

The irony of Coventry fans travelling to see their team play away to a team that only exists because of owners who moved them away from their original home

or

The irony of posters who froth with indignation when any Coventry fan is criticised for "supporting their team" at Sixfields, yet feel free to critise Coventry fans for "supporting their team" at MK?

I was thinking more about the first, however the second is true, also!!

Nathccfc

Wahoo received my tickets through the post today! 1st away game for a while; used to go to loads of midweek ones when I was at college and in school, freedom doesn't come as easy when you have work commitments :(

North York’s Blue

Popped into MK's ticket office this morning to sort out a problem with my tickets. The very pleasant lady in the office said that it wasn't looking good for them opening the top tier, they'd been to a meeting and someone had put up objections (don't the reason why). She was disappointed as she was looking to sell more tickets to us. She currently has around 750 tickets for Cov fans that haven't been allocated yet, although space has been saved in the bottom tier in case the top isn't opened, the max we will get in the bottom tier is around 6.5k. Apparently they'll know more on tue re the top tier. They had around 300 left for sale.

ccfc92

Barring one or two seats looks like the 1000 have now sold out.. Be interesting to see how many more we get.

ive heard 6.5k. although MK have said they will accommodate as many CCFC fans as possible. which is great, but if i was an MK fan, surely you wouldn't want 6-7,000 away fans compared to say 9-10 home? ( im not sure on MK attendances, just a random number before the internet superiors start harping on)

M&B Stand

Popped into MK's ticket office this morning to sort out a problem with my tickets. The very pleasant lady in the office said that it wasn't looking good for them opening the top tier, they'd been to a meeting and someone had put up objections (don't the reason why). She was disappointed as she was looking to sell more tickets to us. She currently has around 750 tickets for Cov fans that haven't been allocated yet, although space has been saved in the bottom tier in case the top isn't opened, the max we will get in the bottom tier is around 6.5k. Apparently they'll know more on tue re the top tier. They had around 300 left for sale.

Pretty much opposite to what I was told Friday. The upper tier isn't an issue until 6500 in the lower have been sold.
There are a few objections on their concrete cow site who are shitting themselves about being outnumbered at a home game. However, most are all for selling as many as they can to us.

North York’s Blue

Pretty much opposite to what I was told Friday. The upper tier isn't an issue until 6500 in the lower have been sold.
There are a few objections on their concrete cow site who are shitting themselves about being outnumbered at a home game. However, most are all for selling as many as they can to us.
Hopefully they'll open it and allow as many in as possible.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I'm not sure we will ever agree G- but thats the beauty of the freedom of speech and forums such as this that enable such a privilege.

I think you can read this huge sky blue following to MK DONS many ways.

It could be concluded that such a large following is simply a very clear 'V' sign to CCFC owners Northampton strategy- MK ticket sales to date suggest a 3-4 fold Sixfield attendance from Sky blue fans alone. Are we hypocrites? perhaps- but I'd argue no more so than those that go to Sixfield despite objecting to the groundshare move, those that do so suggest they are only going to support "the team" and not SISU, the large sky blue following to MK Dons is surely the different side of the same coin isn't it?

Car Park H -- that is H for Hypocricy

I see you only ever read tails G?

Users who are viewing this thread