Match Thread MK Dons (A) 25th July (5 Viewers)

mmttww

You’d have godden at the bottom, shows you know absolutely nothing about football
Come on! I love Godden, but he's not going to get us promoted. Love him in the squad, but we need at least two ahead of him. If we play two up top, having him fourth choice still gives him minutes.

Hobo

If you can't see that the number of goals a keeper concedes is closely correlated to the strength of the defence then there will likely be no convincing you. A much more statistically significant metric for a goalkeepers performance over the golden glove is save percentage - in which he finished 6th in the championship.

Although as a stat that can also be misleading as if the defence is strong and they force the opposition into long shots, the xG per shot would be significantly lower. Last season we had an xG against of 1.4 compared to our 0.96 actual conceded meaning a ~+20% stronger performance than would be expected. This places him... 6th overall in the championship last season also.

In summary, golden glove is nice and all but it is seldom awarded to the best keeper in the league.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
But there were plenty of times when the defence was opened up and Wilson made very good saves. Certain people have always had an agenda about Wilson and just can't admit he is better than they gave him credit.

And for your information I have always advocated defending from the front to the back. Often pointed out don't blame the defenders when the midfield haven't done their job.

Hobo

More minutes in legs. MK seemed toothless. But you can only beat what's in front of you.

Happy_Martian

Everton vs Sporting on Saturday. Be nice to see how Vik does against Prem opponents. Oh, and to show the Goodisoners what they missed out on.

Happy_Martian

Where abouts on the pitch would you say he was when he passed it? :p

He was on the pitch.

From the offal: "Then, with the last kick of the game, Bradley Stretton got himself on the end of a Tatsuhiro Sakamoto ball into the box and he put the ball into the back of the net."

And no I didn't see it. I like most here was listening to the radio commentary who said that Saka had played a beauty into the box which their defence should have stopped. Zero reference to Stretton getting a touch.

Bennettbarnet

But there were plenty of times when the defence was opened up and Wilson made very good saves. Certain people have always had an agenda about Wilson and just can't admit he is better than they gave him credit.

And for your information I have always advocated defending from the front to the back. Often pointed out don't blame the defenders when the midfield haven't done their job.
Anecdotaly with my own eyes, I would say he did well last season, certainly not a weak link, and 6th best feels about right... not that I'm keeping a running tally of all Championship 'keeper's.

Just feel it important to add that I don't credit him alone for our defensive performance. He played his part but if the team weren't as tight at the back as they were, he wouldn't have gotten near the golden glove.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Any of the thousands of new songs going around get tried out?

fatso

Does Sakamoto start RWB SBT?
I'd expect us to bring in a RWB another CH and at least 1 Striker in the next few days, so I think Sakamoto will start on the bench.
I can see him being used as an impact sub until he's used to the pace of the championship.

Matt smith

I'd expect us to bring in a RWB another CH and at least 1 Striker in the next few days, so I think Sakamoto will start on the bench.
I can see him being used as an impact sub until he's used to the pace of the championship.
Yeah agree Fatso, 3 obvious positions to strengthen

if we can get MVE over the line I’d be estatic

Users who are viewing this thread