Match Thread MK Dons (A) 25th July (2 Viewers)

Deity

And is usually the furthest non striker forward on the pitch, these people are just clueless

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Tell Robins that …. Literally said Eccles doesn’t give us the threat we need out wide and Bidwell did more as the match went on but Da Silva better at attacking than Bidwell. Mind you what does he know ? 😂

SBT

Why is Robins saying that Simms hasn’t done a great deal of training? Wasn’t he with us from day 1 of the Portugal trip?

Finham

Like what MR said about Sakamoto. "There's a lot there to like. Technically brilliant, weight of the pass...vision, execution, he's good and he's got goals in him, there's no doubt he's got goals in him..and he will understand the language more and more as we go along-he's picking it up really quickly. So that was promising, it was a really good cameo from him."

Later on positions, said we need to attack out wide and "Tatsu too, he's really versatile and it's going to be interesting to see where he fits in but I think I could play him in a lot of positions."

On Wilson, said he's picked up a back injury and "his back went into spasms. So we didn't risk him tonight, hopefully he'll be OK by Thursday. The rumour that he's going to Luton is a load of bollocks made up by some sad kid".

I may have mis-heard the last line a bit. Gist, though.

slowpoke

Thought they were both okay especially Thomas both confident on the ball and can pass but the opposition weren’t the best, hardly any meaningful attacks.
Personally I still think we need another CB preferably left sided and a RWB, a good RWB will help create so much space and options going forward & get another good strike partner to go with Simms things could be good.

Last edited:

Monty

Much better "commentary" from the MK paper than we have from the telegraph, although not 100% sure of the accuracy especially about the 5th goal

slowpoke

My assessment of yesterday. After giving them a goal start after just a minute our pass and movement was superb, can’t remember Dons having another worth while attack first half to be honest. It continued that way most of the second half even when the kids came on but obviously the match lacked the nitty-gritty of a championship game after watching the last two games not sure of our best line up but with more to come in I’m confident we will be okay.

slowpoke

On a different note did anybody watch and see the two falcons I think they were chase and capture that poor old pigeon for their supper inside the stadium early in the first half, nature at its best unless you were the pigeon.

TomRad85

On a different note did anybody watch and see the two falcons I think they were chase and capture that poor old pigeon for their supper inside the stadium early in the first half, nature at its best unless you were the pigeon.
Some stadiums keep them to keep pigeons out the rafters don't they?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Some stadiums keep them to keep pigeons out the rafters don't they?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Probably, but it was raw nature at its best, one falcon perched itself just above me squawking away and its mate would be the male swooped in and took the poor old pigeon then it looked like they were scrapping over it but it would be the female taking the pigeon probably for the chicks in the nest, amazing.

slowpoke

Cuntryfile
On the same subject that would be those two falcons territory and no others would dare go in but when the two were tussling with that pigeon another sort of glided over, that would have been one of their fledglings,
love birds of prey just amazing creatures, but peregrine falcons the best.

Deity

I felt for Godden last night.

the first 5 mins of the second half summed up his current position. Played clean through with a 5 yd head start on the centre half but was caught by the time he got to the box. His lack of pace was there for all to see. 2 mins later he was really unlucky with a really good header that hit the wood work.

Godden can finish but I think his best days are behind him and we need a better striker to compliment Simms.

It was telling that Obwiku looked more of a threat than Godden did.

time to move on ….

Matt smith

I felt for Godden last night.

the first 5 mins of the second half summed up his current position. Played clean through with a 5 yd head start on the centre half but was caught by the time he got to the box. His lack of pace was there for all to see. 2 mins later he was really unlucky with a really good header that hit the wood work.

Godden can finish but I think his best days are behind him and we need a better striker to compliment Simms.

It was telling that Obwiku looked more of a threat than Godden did.

time to move on ….
Agree @Deity

been great for us but doesn’t look confident at the moment at all, and he was unlucky with that header.

I don’t think it’s time move on completely, but we need better to partner Simms

Evo1883

Wh? We were losing 1-0 to Shrewsbury AND MK Dons
They lost , and haven't scored in pre season yet in 4 matches .. signed just 1 or 2 players one being a striker that couldn't hit a barn door if he was stood next to it

rob9872

Who cares mate, he's been and gone.

I hope we don't get a running commentary on the forum (not necessarily from you) about what he does in Lisbon. He was brilliant for us and helped set up the club financially for a while.

But it's time to move on. He's yesterdays news.
Agree, we should concentrate on the current crop, which makes me wonder why Julian Gray hasn't featured yet in preseason.

Hoofhearted

On the same subject that would be those two falcons territory and no others would dare go in but when the two were tussling with that pigeon another sort of glided over, that would have been one of their fledglings,
love birds of prey just amazing creatures, but peregrine falcons the best.
It was on of the strangest things I've ever seen at a football match, impressive tho 👍 was slightly worried that with the size of the falcons they might have scooped Tatsu up in the second half!

Users who are viewing this thread