Missing (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

What about Sheff Utd or Preston? They were the same price. Of course it was about Wembley. :)

Preston, not sure about Sheff U, did pull in an above average crowd for a midweek game.

dongonzalos

Was going to say we always end up losing in front of big crowds so they can stay away, then i remembered yesterday's result :facepalm:

That was a bring crowd for third division football.

Wanted owners who when they take on a project know and can afford the project they take on.

Owners like that in Coventry it will soon become - wanted a ticket for Saturday please I am desperate I will pay 50 quid (like we were seeing on Tuesday)

WillieStanley

Owners like that in Coventry it will soon become - wanted a ticket for Saturday please I am desperate I will pay 50 quid (like we were seeing on Tuesday)

That's the only time I've ever witnessed anything like that for Coventry City. It will only happen again should we reach our max for Wembley (should we get there) in a speedy time.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I only go to away games because the Ricoh is a soulless dump.
But I also didn't jump on the tin pot jpt bandwagon like loads on here.
See you at bury

coundonskyblue

I only go to away games because the Ricoh is a soulless dump.
But I also didn't jump on the tin pot jpt bandwagon like loads on here.
See you at bury

The Ricoh is a brilliant stadium, empty maybe, a dump it is not.

The noise generated against Crewe was far in excess of anything HR managed. (Certainly in my years of going there anyway)

Skyblue4u

people who say they can't afford to go week in week out, here's my suggestion.

Put aside £6 per week for a year, then voila you have a season ticket.

Then continue with the £6 during the season and voila, another season ticket.

It's what I do, come May I'm never having to scrape for cash as I already have it.

I then use my wages to fund my away days :).

What a fantastic Idea but how do I fund my fuel costs of £100 every two weeks and a pie and pint at HT?

Tom's Dad

I think this is all relative to when and where. We've won one trophy in the last 25 years and haven't had a top 6 finish in over 40 years. No other club comes even close to being as unsuccessful as we are!

I grew up with 10K - 12K gates at home watching top flight football. This years average for a 3rd tier club is pretty good.

Big gates for odd matches? Didn't we have 26,000 for Oxford in the run up to the cup final so people could get a voucher?

glamour76

i think you will find the most expensive early bird cost 345 -23 games at 15 = 345 so nobody would be paying less hope that explains

Oh right. So people should pay exactly the same, regardless of commitment to the club?? I don't think so

Covstu

I don't buy the affordability argument to a certain extent (of course people unemployed is a different story), this is down to current success. JPT was a chance to make the final at Wembley, 30k turned up, if we made the playoffs we would get that 30k back even if it was £20-25 a ticket. Again what would you want, a 10k attended Ricoh or a full house, its a no brainer (although we never play well with a full house!).

Its sad to see this 'I'm a better supporter than you' bullshit on this forum, its depressing. Every club has a core of ST holders and the rest are relied on as floating supporters, we are not unique here!! People just want to attend games and enjoy the day not justify themselves to the same fans about why they don't turn up home and away. Circumstances change in all lives, people loose jobs, people move house, people have kids which all impact on their social lives. Funnily enough spending money to watch the city isn't on top of those list of priorities for most people, we have to appreciate that.

We should be focussing on one thing and that is getting behind MR and the lads.

TheSnoz

Jeez, we have some crap 'fans.' They just don't get it do they. No fans, no money, no players.
They don't want to play their part in making the club better. All the excuses. That's not support.

covcity4life

I'm there home and away through thick and thin.
But you are talking utter bollocks here. We need all the fans we can get.

then why call them plastics and say you are happy that we lost the JPT game so that they didnt get a fun day out?

skybluesteve76

What about people that mainly go to away games because the Ricoh depresses the fuck out of them! Me being one, I've spent loads more than the cost of a season ticket already. People don't go to home games for shit loads of reasons.
Each to their own

RichieGunns

People love to use this word recession and hide behind it! I'm no different to the 'average' man (mortgage, bills to pay, car to run etc etc etc) lets be honest if you want to be at a game you'll make sacrifices to be there.

Sacrifices?

Do you know me? Do you know what I do for living? How many bills I pay?

The simple answer? You don't?

After paying my bills I have enough money to put money in the meter for my electric and gas and enough to buy food.

Then I have nothing! I have to walk most places because I can't afford the bus.

I'm not hiding behind the word recession but unlike you, I don't have spare cash to fritter away on whatever I like!

So screw you and your so called sacrifices!

SkyBlueRuffian

People love to use this word recession and hide behind it! I'm no different to the 'average' man (mortgage, bills to pay, car to run etc etc etc) lets be honest if you want to be at a game you'll make sacrifices to be there.

some peoples lives dont revolve around CCFC mate.

RichieGunns

They're parasites, they suck up allt he glory without experiancing disapointment like us REAL fans. If you're not gonna support your team thru thick and thin and leave when the going gets tough, dont fucking come back! We dont need you! Better to have 10k REAL fans rather than 30k fake ones who abandon the lads as soon as we concede

Pure unadulterated Elitest crap in my opinion!

You say teh 20,000 are all stay away fans.

Never thought that some of them live in different countries?

Ever thought some of us have jobs that keep us away on match days?

Ever thought that some have really bad health issues and therefore cannot always make it to matches?

We are all Fans of Coventry City! We should all stick together regardless of how many games we go too.

RichieGunns

We had our chance to stick another 3-4000 on the gate yesterday on Tuesday and they blew it badly. If you hadn't been up for a while and witnessed that you would think that nowt had changed for the better at all.

Hell that was my first game in awhile.

I was disappointed!

But that isn't going to stop me buying my ticket for Crewe on the 23rd!

I want to see my football team play because I get a buzz out of it!

That's all I need to know!

RichieGunns

As hard up as you quote you will still have to pay out a fair few quid to go to Wembley ;) no matter what , a lot of people went to get the wembley dream ticket and dont even argue that :pimp:

And if I can't afford it, unfortunately I wont be able to go :(

It sucks but unfortunately it's a sad fact of life BRRM!

No money in my bank account = no going to see my beloved club play!

Simples!

Last edited:

covcity4life

They're parasites, they suck up allt he glory without experiancing disapointment like us REAL fans. If you're not gonna support your team thru thick and thin and leave when the going gets tough, dont fucking come back! We dont need you! Better to have 10k REAL fans rather than 30k fake ones who abandon the lads as soon as we concede

the 10k hardcore did turn on cov at HT though vs yeovil

RichieGunns

Jeez, we have some crap 'fans.' They just don't get it do they. No fans, no money, no players.
They don't want to play their part in making the club better. All the excuses. That's not support.

And you don't don't get it either.

We don't all have a bottomless pit full of money we can draw from purely to go to football games unlike you.

We understand that revenue made from ticket sales goes towards helping the club but when there is not money for us to buy tickets, there isn't much else we can do!

Start looking at the bigger picture before making snap judgements about the people you term as "crap fans".

Sacrifices?

Do you know me? Do you know what I do for living? How many bills I pay?

The simple answer? You don't?

After paying my bills I have enough money to put money in the meter for my electric and gas and enough to buy food.

Then I have nothing! I have to walk most places because I can't afford the bus.

I'm not hiding behind the word recession but unlike you, I don't have spare cash to fritter away on whatever I like!

So screw you and your so called sacrifices!

Firstly wind your neck in as I've clearly riled you which wasn't my intention. Secondly, no I don't know you and have no real desires to either. And thirdly, my original point was merely questioning the fact that the club has lost 20,000 supporters within a few days due to a tinpot trophy game before you got shirty ;-)

RichieGunns

Firstly wind your neck in as I've clearly riled you which wasn't my intention. Secondly, no I don't know you and have no real desires to either. And thirdly, my original point was merely questioning the fact that the club has lost 20,000 supporters within a few days due to a tinpot trophy game before you got shirty ;-)

Ah but your comment about making sacrifices riled me whether you meant it too or not as it clearly questioned my desire to go to Cov games.

I make enough sacrifices and usually that involves going without a decent meal so I have enough money in the metre to keep my lights on.

Unfortunately football has had to take a back seat in recent years due to my degree and then for my career.

It does not mean I have supported this club any less. But to some of these so called "Real Fans" on this website, that means I am not a true fan but rather a glory hound.

I apologise for reacting the way I did, but your post riled me and I responded accordingly!

Ah but your comment about making sacrifices riled me whether you meant it too or not as it clearly questioned my desire to go to Cov games.

I make enough sacrifices and usually that involves going without a decent meal so I have enough money in the metre to keep my lights on.

Unfortunately football has had to take a back seat in recent years due to my degree and then for my career.

It does not mean I have supported this club any less. But to some of these so called "Real Fans" on this website, that means I am not a true fan but rather a glory hound.

I apologise for reacting the way I did, but your post riled me and I responded accordingly!

Well my apologies if what I said was misconstrued!

I totally agree that this bulls**t attitude of 'I'm a better fan than you' needs to stop. Some of the songs that have been sung about being 'loyal supporters' recently are quite frankly cringy. I think that it's bourne from the frustration of having a 3/4 empty stadium that is perhaps too big for us. I know and understand people have their lives apart from CCFC but the contrast to the JPT and Saturdays games' attendance is woeful.

RichieGunns

Well my apologies if what I said was misconstrued!

I totally agree that this bulls**t attitude of 'I'm a better fan than you' needs to stop. Some of the songs that have been sung about being 'loyal supporters' recently are quite frankly cringy. I think that it's bourne from the frustration of having a 3/4 empty stadium that is perhaps too big for us. I know and understand people have their lives apart from CCFC but the contrast to the JPT and Saturdays games' attendance is woeful.

it's sad but true and no comparison between us and the premier league teams is ever going to give a good result.

What a lot of these 'real fans' miss is the fact that anyone who supports the Sky Blues, regardless of whether they go to every game, one or two or can't go at all are all fans!

I keep saying this everytime someone brings this subject up and I'll say it again.

We're the Sky Blue Fething Army! We're a family and families stick together regardless of what goes on in them.

Yeh it sucks that so many don't come to games on a regular basis but that does not mean we must drive them out like a raverning lynch mob!

In the end, you accept that not everyone can make a committment to go regularly but you welcome them with open arms when they do come!

And most importantly, we all sing together, we all support the club and we roar them on in every game they play regardless of whether we're winning, drawing or loosing!

It's not a hard thing to ask for so why do people make it hard?

Grendel

it's sad but true and no comparison between us and the premier league teams is ever going to give a good result.

What a lot of these 'real fans' miss is the fact that anyone who supports the Sky Blues, regardless of whether they go to every game, one or two or can't go at all are all fans!

I keep saying this everytime someone brings this subject up and I'll say it again.

We're the Sky Blue Fething Army! We're a family and families stick together regardless of what goes on in them.

Yeh it sucks that so many don't come to games on a regular basis but that does not mean we must drive them out like a raverning lynch mob!

In the end, you accept that not everyone can make a committment to go regularly but you welcome them with open arms when they do come!

And most importantly, we all sing together, we all support the club and we roar them on in every game they play regardless of whether we're winning, drawing or loosing!

It's not a hard thing to ask for so why do people make it hard?

Bandwagoner.

covcity4life

if we contnue to chase newbie/returnees away we will never get big crowds back again

is what the end goal? we want just 10k hardcore fans????????

covcity4life

it is elitism. its been all over my facebook page

dont get me wrong, i see their frustrations but sell out ricoh > hardcore fanbase ricoh

i sit somewhere in the middle btw, i am not a season ticket holder ,i go to between 12-15 matches a year

Users who are viewing this thread