Missing (2 Viewers)

20,000 people, if seen, please return to the Ricoh Arena asap. Support your team through thick and thin, good and bad.

RichieGunns

20,000 people, if seen, please return to the Ricoh Arena asap. Support your team through thick and thin, good and bad.

Tell me, have you ever heard of the recession and what it's doing to the average man and womens money situation right now?

I'm one of those extra 20,000 and as a lot of people will know on here, I'm a loyal Sky Blues fan and have sky blue blood running through my veins!

I just can't afford to go to every game and that sucks for me. If someone offered me a season ticket, I'd be there every week.

So keep your eliteism to yourself please!

Gray

yes there is a recession on and yes people find it hard but do they use that excuse at clubs like Man utd, Arsenal, Man City Newcastle even as far down as Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester. they all get decent crowds. its the results that keep people away in this city

Covstu

but did anyone think it would be any different, we had a full house and got beat 3-0 so even the undecided fan probably wouldn't have come back in a hurray after that result!!

trick2

Sorry but money has kept me away in that i currently have none. i have had a ST in the past and been to away games. i hope one day to be able to get a ST again. If i lived with my parents and had more disposable income then i would be there!

Tell me, have you ever heard of the recession and what it's doing to the average man and womens money situation right now?

I'm one of those extra 20,000 and as a lot of people will know on here, I'm a loyal Sky Blues fan and have sky blue blood running through my veins!

I just can't afford to go to every game and that sucks for me. If someone offered me a season ticket, I'd be there every week.

So keep your eliteism to yourself please!

People love to use this word recession and hide behind it! I'm no different to the 'average' man (mortgage, bills to pay, car to run etc etc etc) lets be honest if you want to be at a game you'll make sacrifices to be there.

WillieStanley

yes there is a recession on and yes people find it hard but do they use that excuse at clubs like Man utd, Arsenal, Man City Newcastle even as far down as Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester. they all get decent crowds. its the results that keep people away in this city

I'm pretty sure that the average Man Utd/Arsenal/Man City fan has been alienated by the current prices (especially Arsenal). Look at how many fans Man City took to Arsenal. They sell out to the upper middle classes and above. How many CCFC ST holders have said on here that if we were to once again play in the top flight, they would have to seriously consider making that kind of financial committment. I know I have. The only way I was able to afford it this year was via the monthly payment system.

Brighton is a well off area and they've managed to keep their ticketing as reasonable as possible. Leicester regularly give out a mass of free tickets. I believe (I could be wrong) that Sheff Wed have a similar pricing structure to ours, except they have the selling point of recent success.

In terms of turn out for fans, we have a very unique situation at Coventry and it's incomparible to any other team in the country.

One thing is for sure, sport is fast becoming the privilage of the rich and most football fans soon will only be able to hope to catch their team on a cup game on BBC or read the local newspaper.

Last edited:
As Gray has already eluded to premier league teams' fans manage to make it games? If we were in the premier league would we have 11k attendances? No. People would make sacrifices to watch games just because we were in a higher league so it should be no different in league 1.

dgm

I believe if the price was right half of those 10k would be come back -the result on Tuesday would put some off but the effort and commitment should have been encouragement enough -if it was say £15 rather than 22 - 11k at 22=242,000 even 17k at 15 would pay 255,000 -just a thought

glamour76

I believe if the price was right half of those 10k would be come back -the result on Tuesday would put some off but the effort and commitment should have been encouragement enough -if it was say £15 rather than 22 - 11k at 22=242,000 even 17k at 15 would pay 255,000 -just a thought
Why should everyone else pay less than season ticket holders? Please explain

TheSnoz

Skybluegarns ....."People love to use this word recession and hide behind it! I'm no different to the 'average' man (mortgage, bills to pay, car to run etc etc etc) lets be honest if you want to be at a game you'll make sacrifices to be there."

£300 season ticket - not even a £1 a day to put aside. It is so tough isn't it?

You're so right mate. Agree 100%.

urbanbushmonkey

people who say they can't afford to go week in week out, here's my suggestion.

Put aside £6 per week for a year, then voila you have a season ticket.

Then continue with the £6 during the season and voila, another season ticket.

It's what I do, come May I'm never having to scrape for cash as I already have it.

I then use my wages to fund my away days :).

Nick

Administrator
Burton, preston and sheffield united was only a fiver so the recession is a poor reason!

rupert_bear

Said this before it isn't the price to get in that affects the gate it is the product on the pitch, nothing else. 30000 Cov fans turned up Tuesday with Wembley in their nostrills and yes 20000 were stayaway fans, so what ! I would think 90% of that 20000 have been to many,many games but our lack of anything here other than demise has driven them away. Alot of those 20000 can be wooed back with a bit of hope, ambition and dare i say success and maybe with Mark Robins we can achieve that. You have to ask though what is going on behind the scenes re the rent issue, re investment, re ownership, re player recruitment. There seems to be more qestions than answers at the moment.

Said this before it isn't the price to get in that affects the gate it is the product on the pitch, nothing else. 30000 Cov fans turned up Tuesday with Wembley in their nostrills and yes 20000 were stayaway fans, so what ! I would think 90% of that 20000 have been to many,many games but our lack of anything here other than demise has driven them away. Alot of those 20000 can be wooed back with a bit of hope, ambition and dare i say success and maybe with Mark Robins we can achieve that. You have to ask though what is going on behind the scenes re the rent issue, re investment, re ownership, re player recruitment. There seems to be more qestions than answers at the moment.

Valid point mate and a lot of sense in that.
Personally I'm not having the 'recession' argument that's just null and void imo, if you want to be there you will, end of.
On the point of the serving that is being dished up, true supporters stick with the club through thick and thin, whether it be the glory days of the premier league or the rough times such as now.

Nick

Administrator
I know about ten people who went and said they went because it was only a fiver! They were such massive fans they didnt know the past games were.

Should the club have been marketing it more?

rupert_bear

I know about ten people who went and said they went because it was only a fiver! They were such massive fans they didnt know the past games were.

Should the club have been marketing it more?
Well i think £5 was way too cheap a minimum of £15 or even a sit anywhere £20, not that it would of made any difference to the team would just of put a lot more dosh in SISU pockets

They're parasites, they suck up allt he glory without experiancing disapointment like us REAL fans. If you're not gonna support your team thru thick and thin and leave when the going gets tough, dont fucking come back! We dont need you! Better to have 10k REAL fans rather than 30k fake ones who abandon the lads as soon as we concede

coundonskyblue

Why did all the 'Real' fans who left early on Saturday not get the same abuse that the 'plastics' go for leaving early against Crewe?

hill83

They're parasites, they suck up allt he glory without experiancing disapointment like us REAL fans. If you're not gonna support your team thru thick and thin and leave when the going gets tough, dont fecking come back! We dont need you! Better to have 10k REAL fans rather than 30k fake ones who abandon the lads as soon as we concede

I'm there home and away through thick and thin.
But you are talking utter bollocks here. We need all the fans we can get.

We have always had a fickle fan base borne out by the relatively low crowds experienced even when we were in the top flight at Highfield Road.
Compare us to the likes of Norwich, Leicester, Southampton with similar catchment areas and even when these clubs were in League 1 all seemed to achieve 20K+ gates.
I don't think you can blame our match ticket prices for season ticket holders as they represent pretty good value for money.

coundonskyblue

We have always had a fickle fan base borne out by the relatively low crowds experienced even when we were in the top flight at Highfield Road.
Compare us to the likes of Norwich, Leicester, Southampton with similar catchment areas and even when these clubs were in League 1 all seemed to achieve 20K+ gates.
I don't think you can blame our match ticket prices for season ticket holders as they represent pretty good value for money.

The same Norwich, Leicester and Southampton that were getting between 14-16k gates 15 years ago?

Where have their 5-10k extra fans come from? Or does the fickle rule only apply to us?

stupot07

The same Norwich, Leicester and Southampton that were getting between 14-16k gates 15 years ago?

Where have their 5-10k extra fans come from? Or does the fickle rule only apply to us?
We can only deal with the here and now and our gates and halve the size they were in our first season at the Ricoh.

10.5-11.5k gates are poor for a place the size of Coventry and warwickshire.

Every club has fickle fans, it's just our seen more fickle than most.

WillieStanley

Out of the three mentioned, only Leicester have a similar catchment area.

Users who are viewing this thread