Millwall Tickets (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Don’t get why we (presumably) requested the lower too. Do clubs still have to cover the cost of unsold tickets?

johnwillomagic

Managed to get mine today on general sale buzzing for this one!

A minor point but think when tickets go on general sale you should then be able to get more than one ticket per supporter number?
Think we would sell out allocation if the above restriction was waived but I still reckon with it in place we may get 2,500 there!

tskezz

Don’t get why we (presumably) requested the lower too. Do clubs still have to cover the cost of unsold tickets?
I assumed, might be way off, that they tell us the max we can have and then we pay for what we need. Whether that's Half, All or Block by Block as they sell.

Londonccfcfan

Think we will hit 2k easy. Tickets on sale on the day too.

Could hit 2500 if Bristol and city and Wigan postponed.

pusbccfc

Not too bad but still think we should be aiming for 2500.

This is where the system should change, allow 2+ tickets per person and people will start bulk buying for their mates.

Evo1883

Not too bad but still think we should be aiming for 2500.

This is where the system should change, allow 2+ tickets per person and people will start bulk buying for their mates.

They started doing 1 per person towards the end of last season , for 3k not sure why it's not 2 or 3 per person

They are getting it so wrong based off several moaning divs on twitter last year

ccfc922

They started doing 1 per person towards the end of last season , for 3k not sure why it's not 2 or 3 per person

They are getting it so wrong based off several moaning divs on twitter last year

Yeah spot on, if its 1,000 allocation then 1 per person. 3,000 should be 2 at least.

tskezz

Whether its 100 or 10000, it should be 1 per supporter while going through the points system else what's the point? You would end up in a situation where a game with 2000 tickets and we did 2 per supporter the first 1000 could buy tickets for themselves and a mate who has 0 points meaning the next 1000 on the list points wise miss out because of people with less and we end up then it the same situation. (obviously that scenario is exaggerated)

I agree though once it hits general sale it should open up to more than one per person as by that time your beyond a loyalty based system so someone with 0 points buying 6 is the same a 6 with no points buying 1 each.

Londonccfcfan

It's stupid cos at some points last season there was limited allocations and you could but 6 per season ticket holder

pusbccfc

Whether its 100 or 10000, it should be 1 per supporter while going through the points system else what's the point? You would end up in a situation where a game with 2000 tickets and we did 2 per supporter the first 1000 could buy tickets for themselves and a mate who has 0 points meaning the next 1000 on the list points wise miss out because of people with less and we end up then it the same situation. (obviously that scenario is exaggerated)

I agree though once it hits general sale it should open up to more than one per person as by that time your beyond a loyalty based system so someone with 0 points buying 6 is the same a 6 with no points buying 1 each.

The people getting tickets from their mates when it's 2 per ticket are often the ones not bothered by points. They are the day trippers.

Sky Blue Harry H

Regarding the match, it looks as though Millwall have tried to recruit 'Millwall type' players (according to their manager, Rowett) If so, I'm guessing he means 'get stuck in and running like nutters'. If that is the case and the game will likely be played in 30 odd degree heat, as long as we don't concede early, I can see that strategy of play falling on its arse. Players will be knackered very quickly. I'm hoping that will suit us and hinder them. Hoping this post doesn't come back to bite me!

johnwillomagic

Yeah I just think when we have been given a big allocation and only when it moves to general sale you should then be allowed to get more than 1 ticket per supporter number - we would sell out on this one if we did as we did not do this we will not get near selling out imo.

However still hoping we get to 2.5k there should be a good atmosphere and bloody hot too looking at the forecast!

CV22SBA

Interesting to note we’re still selling tickets in block 22. Therefore since going on general sale we’ve not sold a block out. Same with Sunderland very few tickets sold on GS. Is our away following now 90% season ticket holders?

tskezz

Interesting to note we’re still selling tickets in block 22. Therefore since going on general sale we’ve not sold a block out. Same with Sunderland very few tickets sold on GS. Is our away following now 90% season ticket holders?
Don't think its sold out any of the times ive been there and that's normally with less given to us. Its strange really as its one of the best away days I think. Though for me the best part is drinking round London and jumping on a later train home so perhaps putting a lot of with the strike.

CV22SBA

Don't think its sold out any of the times ive been there and that's normally with less given to us. Its strange really as its one of the best away days I think. Though for me the best part is drinking round London and jumping on a later train home so perhaps putting a lot of with the strike.
Yeah get that my point was we sold less than 300 tickets at general sale to Sunderland and we sold 1550 for Millwall before general sale. Since going on GS we’ve not sold out a block yet so be interesting to see how many we’ve sold.

nunchuckas

Glad not just me then, would normally have them by now, usually post them out quick.
I think the main cause for them being delayed is they had a technical issue with the system as some of the early sales were sold in the Upper Tier, despite them only supposed to be selling lower tier tickets. So many people who bought tickets right away at 10am were in the upper tier and the people they were going with were in the lower tier, so they have had to resolve this for a few people. This is probably why they haven't sent them out as quickly as they normally do.

I think the main cause for them being delayed is they had a technical issue with the system as some of the early sales were sold in the Upper Tier, despite them only supposed to be selling lower tier tickets. So many people who bought tickets right away at 10am were in the upper tier and the people they were going with were in the lower tier, so they have had to resolve this for a few people. This is probably why they haven't sent them out as quickly as they normally do.
Isn’t it unreserved so you can sit wherever anyway? Fairly sure it’s only one concourse.

johnwillomagic

Think we would have sold a lot more if when it moved to general sale the restriction of one ticket per supporter number was removed tbh seems a bit silly!

Still think we will top 2k by the end of the week mind!

MAFF

Think we would have sold a lot more if when it moved to general sale the restriction of one ticket per supporter number was removed tbh seems a bit silly!

Still think we will top 2k by the end of the week mind!

the whole points system is just a bit weird isn't it. no real need for it.

johnwillomagic

I get it to an extent but not when we have a bigger allocation and we move to general sale - I think at that point restrictions should be either removed entirely or relaxed say able to buy four tickets per supporter number!

it is a bit strange that if you’re a season ticket holder you can’t buy anymore for friends or family once it goes on general sale.

Users who are viewing this thread