Millwall ratings (1 Viewer)

PVA

his posting history on Allen shows he made his mind up years ago - 3 years ago as an example “Allen has zero technical ability”

As always a staggering lack of self awareness from you.

You made your mind up on Norton-Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand after about 5 mins.

Compare my criticisms of Allen - with stats and reasoned responses - to yours of those two players, which just amounts to 'they're fucking hopeless, bin them off'

DannyThomas_1981

Constantly saying he’s shit, and adds nothing to the team? Regular comments on here.

Do you go along with the thought that ”he runs around a lot” is of no value to the team, as others do?
I see your point olderskyblue and both sides of the argument. I like Allen’s attitude and commitment- I just feel he doesn’t quite have the pace at this level. And in my view too lightweight to be starting every week.

At times it’s like watching a Mazda Miata on the track wholeheartedly trying to compete against F1 cars.

Grendel

As always a staggering lack of self awareness from you.

You made your mind up on Norton-Cuffy and Wilson-Esbrand after about 5 mins.

Compare my criticisms of Allen - with stats and reasoned responses - to yours of those two players, which just amounts to 'they're fucking hopeless, bin them off'

So telling someone to piss off out the club is a reasoned response based on stats?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

All this slating with Allen, shows how little we all know about the game. Allen is one of the quicker players we have, in reserve, and he is currently sitting in for O'Hare. It is not his normal position and with all the crap he has to take I ask the question, who should MR play in that position without affecting the style of play?

I have seen so many players, over the years, who have been slaughtered by the fans for not doing enough, being slow, not able to do this or that, however, they were playing out of position.

If we are truly supporters of the club, and team, then we should start supporting ALL players and stop being sissies and having our favourites and villians.
Maguire… he can play the 10, he’s got pace and runs around…

rob9872

I see your point olderskyblue and both sides of the argument. I like Allen’s attitude and commitment- I just feel he doesn’t quite have the pace at this level. And in my view too lightweight to be starting every week.

At times it’s like watching a Mazda Miata on the track wholeheartedly trying to compete against F1 cars.
I like the analogy, but it's more of a Reliant Robin among Ford Capris (obv Gus & Vik are GT XLR versions)

Grendel

Not the best athlete at the club then?

usain bolt running GIF by Omaze

PVA

So telling someone to piss off out the club is a reasoned response based on stats?

It's more reasoned than absolute shite like this about 5 minutes after the bloke arrived

Norton Cuffey has no defensive ability at all so I can’t see how we would ever play a back 3 with him as wing

Get cuffey off he has no positional sense at all

Cuffey was dreadful

Can you honestly see Norton Cuffey adapting to a wing back system?

they sussed out Cuffey was a huge weakness and exposed it

if that’s him as a wing back god help us

well the problem really was Cuffey - someone who laughingly praised - was pathetically out his depth and left us hopelessly exposed - he was utter shite

Just strange signings. Especially Cuffey as he just looks woefully out of his depth

Londonccfcfan

My take on Allen. Lots of talk on here about his pros and cons...I can understand how alot do and dont rate highly.

For me I rate him highly as a squad player. Hes probably the best utility player along with Bidwell who can play 2 positions well. Allen's case he can drop seamlessly into the defensive midfielders role. Yes he wouldnt get into our first choice box midfield if Ohare was fit.

Grendel

It's more reasoned than absolute shite like this about 5 minutes after the bloke arrived

Oh OK I will just tell him to piss off out the club then

Or perhaps:

Allen just isn't good enough at this level and to be honest I didn't get the hype around him in League One.

The one positive about their performances today is that that should be the last time we see the chuckle brothers this season. (thats Allen and Shipley)

Allen has zero technique.

Allen gets into good positions but his end product is absolutely dreadful

Giles did more offensively in 2 minutes than Allen did in 90.

I don't think he's good enough (Shipley) but when the alternative is Allen it's easy to see why he gets game time.

Everyone's ratings reflect it, but Allen just isn't good enough at this level sadly is he? Works hard and gets into some decent positions, but just loses the ball too often, gets shoved off it too easily. Doesn't score many, doesn't create many, can't beat a man, just not sure what he adds really.

Shipley and Allen so far are looking out of their depth.

Shipley and Allen being ineffective that worries me. The game just passes them by.

I'm not sure exactly what Allen excels at. He's not quick, he doesn't beat a man, doesn't get in the box very often and doesn't score many

Allen looks a bit out his depth to be honest. I'm not sure what his strengths are

Shipley and Allen a waste of space

A small sample of over a hundred derogatory comments and all I believe before Robins offered him a new deal

Gibbo

MotM Palmer. The creator of most of the good stuff. He is the new Gibbo.

Gyokeres missed one possibly two good ones, otherwise he would have been MotM, but what a beast he is. Impossible to dislodge from the ball and with brilliant close control. Cresswell is no mug, but Viktor absolutely mullered him for the goal. You can be sure Millwall would have preped for that Victor move, he's being doing it since Stoke away nearly two years ago

Very Good: Palmer & Vik plus BNC & Hamer. BNC's charge down the right in the very 1st minute seemed to lift the team
Good: The back three and Eccles. Eccles is very neat, does not panic and seems to usually find a player in the same coloured shirt as his.
Not tested: Wilson
Meh: Bidwell & Allen (no surprises there)

Mitigation for Bidwell
It was noticable to me at least that when Millwall were piling on the pressure, they never got round him, the crosses from their right wing were from an area back from the penalty box (Mick Coop territory for those of a certain age). That really is meat and drink for the two big lads and Mcfadz.

Will that boot into touch be Kelly's last kick for Cov?

Reactions: PVA

Gibbo

BCN played well, has great close control, but his first touch was poor, and lost him the moment on several occaisions

Gibbo

Finally: ratings, four of the fans (to use the term loosly) sitting around me - 0. Not sure why they bother to make the effort, pay the money just to endlessly complain. That was a really good game last night by a couple of good sides.

stevefloyd

You're ignoring his role in the team. He's a box to box player. His role is to get up and down, trigger the press, make runs in behind, to create space for others, and to get back into shape blocking passing lines when we lose the ball. That's his role. He's not there to be a ball playing midfielder.

Gary Rowett mentioned our running in his post match interview, Allen is a key part of that. Robins keeps picking him for a reason.

"Coventry really had the edge about them at the start, a bit like we've done to so many teams. Really bright, full of running. It took us a while to get into the game. Did we deserve a draw? Probably not."

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
To be perfectly blunt we wouldn't mind a tackle or two from him at times, he also loses the ball quite consistently but never mind he runs around a lot and that is absolutely crucial to us but he aint very good at this level !

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My take on Allen. Lots of talk on here about his pros and cons...I can understand how alot do and dont rate highly.

For me I rate him highly as a squad player. Hes probably the best utility player along with Bidwell who can play 2 positions well. Allen's case he can drop seamlessly into the defensive midfielders role. Yes he wouldnt get into our first choice box midfield if Ohare was fit.
As a squad player you could understand it.

Ironically at the end yesterday having someone like Allen to bring off the bench to run around a lot would have been a great option.

Londonccfcfan

As a squad player you could understand it.

Ironically at the end yesterday having someone like Allen to bring off the bench to run around a lot would have been a great option.
On our progressive journey as a team hes no more than squad player. Still valuable, pound for pound a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread