Millwall ratings (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

No football brain, are you fucking serious? Of all the outrageous posts I’ve seen on here this is bang up there.

If/when he starts taking chances he will be a premier league player.

No football brain. Fuck me.

I think it's just frustration from some we all know what a top player he is.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If Godden & O’Hare didn’t have the reputations they had they’d be getting slaughtered today. Both way below standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

There is more to the game than just goals and assists and O'Hare is absolutely pivotal for us, receives the ball with his back to goal, in tight positions and turns to open the game up. Defends from the front. Carries the ball to get us up the pitch.

All these ex footballers who pick him out time after time mustn't know what they're talking about either

clint van damme

O'Hare didn't have his best game today, I personally thought he was poor.
Why people think that one performance is indicative of his week in,week out contribution is baffling.
Today shows how far weve come, a fairly poor team performance overall yields a solid away point.

wingy

I'm happy enough ATM if he's not banging in goals while we4 trying to get him to extend, don't want his agent hawking him about.
Talks going on could be on his mind.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

First ratings from me this season.
Coventry are a very reasonable team, there is no doubt in my mind of that.

Can't face doing individual ratings.
Two best players were JCS and Gus. Overall Gus was man of match for me.

Very decent match. City were slightly better team but Millwall were quite dangerous too.

Overall no complaints at all and I'm impressed by the team.

SIR ERNIE

Why people think that one performance is indicative of his week in,week out contribution is baffling.
Today shows how far weve come, a fairly poor team performance overall yields a solid away point.

Agree with your views re OHare but I don't think it was a fairly poor team performance. I thought they gave us our toughest game so far this season and really tested us everywhere around the pitch. To come through that and again create enough to have taken all three points was a reaĺly good performance.
The manager and players will have learnt a lot about themselves, each other and the team today.

pusbccfc

Moore 7
Kane 5 - Harsh but a stak difference going forward to Dabo. Quite a few times he couldn't keep up with O'Hare and Hamer and therefore we lacked the outlet.
Maatsen 6 - A tough afternoon for him but he did okay.
Fadz 7
Hyam 8 - Turned into a top Championship CB.
Jcs 7
Hamer 7
Sheaf 6 - in many aspects he was our best player. Lovely touches and some decent passes but he still gives it away too much for me.
Ohare 6 - Becoming more frustrating watching him fluff opportunities but he's still causing teams nightmares. He's so close to being a Premier League player.
Godden 5 - too slow for the championship?
Gyo 8 - He's our best striker by some way. Ran himself into the ground.

clint van damme

Agree with your views re OHare but I don't think it was a fairly poor team performance. I thought they gave us our toughest game so far this season and really tested us everywhere around the pitch. To come through that and again create enough to have taken all three points was a reaĺly good performance.
The manager and players will have learnt a lot about themselves, each other and the team today.

Fair comments. Just think we let ourselves down in the final 3rd which was disappointing and has probably distorted my opinion of the overall performance but I'm happy with the season so far.

KG7

‘No footballing brain’ is a cliche reserved for the worst kind of idiots.

O’Hare constantly takes up clever positions that draw two or three players towards him and frees up space for Allen / Maatsen / Dabo / Gyokeres. More so since the impact he had at the start of the season. He has the ability to take the ball in these difficult positions, often on a half turn, and usually finds a Sky Blue shirt. Yes, he needs to stay calm in and around the box and improve his goal contributions but his impact on the overall game is immense - effectively he’s sacrificing himself for the team and if people can’t see that, it’s not Callum’s footballing brain they should be worrying about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Moore 7
Kane 5 - Harsh but a stak difference going forward to Dabo. Quite a few times he couldn't keep up with O'Hare and Hamer and therefore we lacked the outlet.
Maatsen 6 - A tough afternoon for him but he did okay.
Fadz 7
Hyam 8 - Turned into a top Championship CB.
Jcs 7
Hamer 7
Sheaf 6 - in many aspects he was our best player. Lovely touches and some decent passes but he still gives it away too much for me.
Ohare 6 - Becoming more frustrating watching him fluff opportunities but he's still causing teams nightmares. He's so close to being a Premier League player.
Godden 5 - too slow for the championship?
Gyo 8 - He's our best striker by some way. Ran himself into the ground.
I agree mostly with most of those assessments. Sheaf did have a pretty good match without be outstanding but nothing wrong with that.

SIR ERNIE

I agree mostly with most of those assessments. Sheaf did have a pretty good match without be outstanding but nothing wrong with that.

Sheaf became more influential in the last 20 mins when he was allowed more time and space.

Prior to that and especially in the first half the pace of the game forced him into errors.

Evo1883

Goddens lack of game time showed today , I still back him to be a valuable squad member this season ..as he has qualities that should pull him through

no_loyalty

Goddens lack of game time showed today , I still back him to be a valuable squad member this season ..as he has qualities that should pull him through

To be fair there was a couple of times Godden was in a decent position, but Vic ignored him and shot at goal.

covboy9

No football brain, are you fucking serious? Of all the outrageous posts I’ve seen on here this is bang up there.

If/when he starts taking chances he will be a premier league player.

No football brain. Fuck me.
Easy on the swearing

covboy9

Easy on the swearing

outrageous 😂just my opinion rightly or wrongly

he’s a decent player but IMO opinion lacks a good football brain

I find him quite frustrating to watch that’s all I would be shocked if he ever played in prem he’s at his level IMO

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

FotMob ratings:

View attachment 21865

Didn’t go today so don’t know how accurate they’re viewed as.

That indicates that O'Hare was our second best player, but there's no way he was.

He is a magnificent player, but he's been shown up by others in recent weeks. Almost to to the point that I would actually drop him for a week or so to have a rest.

He does a lot, but the wasteful end product is starting to become a joke. A bit like Luke Thomas or Ryan Kent. He really needs to work on it badly.

I know people want to cut him a break because he is a such a good player for us, and I agree, but I wish sometimes the sky blue glasses could come off and we could discuss it sensibly. For me at least, today isn't just an isolated game. Hopefully he can start producing a bit more end product.

Brighton Sky Blue

That indicates that O'Hare was our second best player, but there's no way he was.

He is a magnificent player, but he's been shown up by others in recent weeks. Almost to to the point that I would actually drop him for a week or so to have a rest.

He does a lot, but the wasteful end product is starting to become a joke. A bit like Luke Thomas or Ryan Kent. He really needs to work on it badly.

I know people want to cut him a break because he is a such a good player for us, and I agree, but I wish sometimes the sky blue glasses could come off and we could discuss it sensibly. For me at least, today isn't just an isolated game. Hopefully he can start producing a bit more end product.

So often he just needs to slow down and think before he does, but because he runs on instinct and does everything at 100 mph he tends to snatch at things. Agree that a few games out wouldn’t hurt

procdoc

outrageous 😂just my opinion rightly or wrongly

he’s a decent player but IMO opinion lacks a good football brain

I find him quite frustrating to watch that’s all I would be shocked if he ever played in prem he’s at his level IMO
Wow

stevefloyd

I thought O'hare looked a little jaded today which is no surprise considering the effort he puts in chasing back and harrying, yes he doesn't score as many as we would like neither does Godden/Walker/Waghorn but I would still rather have him in the team than not....some people are expecting a free signing to be as good as Messi or something, how many will be bleating when he is eventually sold!!!

Perryccfc

does he have the same potential as when you saw Maddison, Murphy and Armstrong in a cov shirt?? Be honest

Are you on a wind up? In all seriousness you’re fishing aren’t you?

In terms of on the ball ability, for me he’s ahead of all 3. But he does so much more than them, he gets us up the pitch so so so often, that’s priceless. He draws defenders and midfielders from their positions. He wins fouls and relieves pressure, and buys fouls in dangerous positions. His key passes this season indicate he is bang up there in terms of creativity.
Just because he’s not banging them top corner week in week out, and your lack of football intellect can’t see what else he does, doesn’t mean he’s not a top drawer player. As soon as he scores 10-15 goals a season and gets 6-10 assists he will be snapped up and play at the top level.

Reactions: KG7

SlowerThanPlatt

In terms of on the ball ability, for me he’s ahead of all 3. But he does so much more than them, he gets us up the pitch so so so often, that’s priceless. He draws defenders and midfielders from their positions. He wins fouls and relieves pressure, and buys fouls in dangerous positions. His key passes this season indicate he is bang up there in terms of creativity.
Just because he’s not banging them top corner week in week out, and your lack of football intellect can’t see what else he does, doesn’t mean he’s not a top drawer player. As soon as he scores 10-15 goals a season and gets 6-10 assists he will be snapped up and play at the top level.

To be fair, he’s scored 7 in nearly 100 games for us! Expecting him to go from that to 10-15 in a season is slightly unrealistic I think…you’d want to see incremental improvements as he got more experienced but there hasn’t even been that.

covboy9

I’m on the wind up 😂

Perryccfc

To be fair, he’s scored 7 in nearly 100 games for us! Expecting him to go from that to 10-15 in a season is slightly unrealistic I think…you’d want to see incremental improvements as he got more experienced but there hasn’t even been that.

He will get to a stage in the next 2/3 years where he’s scoring 10 or more in championship for sure.

Just incidentally, I’ve watched 2 YouTube videos by Millwall fans reviewing the game (I know I’m sad but I like to see what other fans think of us) and both have been salivating over O’Hare, and we don’t think he had a great game today. Maybe we shouldn’t be so harsh, he’s still young and will have ups and downs.

Users who are viewing this thread