Millwall eye Pressley (2 Viewers)

The Gentleman

I don't think he'd leave to go to Rangers, of course if a PL club came in he would be off in shot. I'm not so sure he would want to move to a championship club at this point in the project - plus how many top championship jobs come up? How many lower pl clubs or mid to upper championship clubs revolve around young squads and the academy? This seems to be the area he's interested in.

How many jobs was he linked with at Falkirk before joining us? He was there doing a good job, for what 3 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Doesn't matter what he did at Falkirk to be honest because he was just starting (but we still noticed him though), he is more in the spotlight here which today's rumours confirm. The better we do the more he will get noticed, lets not forget he is a tight arsed chairman's dream, spends very little, brings through youth, gets a togetherness within the squad and plays attractive football which gets the paying customer in (unless you're playing home games miles away). Despite you saying in a previous post you think he will stay, you say in your last one that you think he would be off like a shot if the right offer came along. Lets not forget that football has thrown some very strange things up so never say never.

Tonylinc

I may be way off the mark here but I genuinely don't think that SP will walk till the objective has been achieved. By that I mean Championship football.

cloughie

Given that every thread you bore everyone with your narrative "I've had enough and will be giving up" that is rich.

You show zero enthusiasm for anything positive and revel in any potential disharmony when their is some potential bad news.

Pressley is ambitious - he is also young. Coventry present an enormous challenge. No ground, no support and young players who need developing. The club has had no top 6 finish for 40 years and started the season on negative points.

So, the opportunity to transform the club and gain the top 6 finish and even promotion would be a dramatic and substantial tick on the CV. Age is on his side.

Millwall has no real opportunity for improved fan base and lived in the shadow of many much bigger clubs.

So in my view it will not just be about a pay cheque - not yet. Robins yes as he probably has reached his level.

Pressley, however, has intelligence and ambition as well as drive. Unlike the man with a van from Beduth he has no need to jump if someone waves a fiver in his direction.

A 1st positive post from you

J

Jack Griffin

I think he see's this a long term project so will want to stay. One of the reasons this squad has done so well is that he's installed an ethos of mutual respect and togetherness.

TBH, he might as well stay till end of season at least, probably get better 'suitors' than a struggling team then.. at that point he can make a choice based on better opportunities or stay if he feels doing so will help his career.
I think his recent public statements more or less say he is sticking for a little while at least. i think what happens to the squad in the remainder of the season will have a large bearing on any decision he makes.

Last edited by a moderator:

kg82

To be honest I don't think he'd go back to Scotland. If you read his comments about the youth set up there it's not exactly complimentary.

stupot07

Doesn't matter what he did at Falkirk to be honest because he was just starting (but we still noticed him though), he is more in the spotlight here which today's rumours confirm. The better we do the more he will get noticed, lets not forget he is a tight arsed chairman's dream, spends very little, brings through youth, gets a togetherness within the squad and plays attractive football which gets the paying customer in (unless you're playing home games miles away). Despite you saying in a previous post you think he will stay, you say in your last one that you think he would be off like a shot if the right offer came along. Lets not forget that football has thrown some very strange things up so never say never.

Of course you never say never. But as the OP was about Millwall, I stand by my original post that he won't leave us to move there.

Yes, he's not the novice he was at Falkirk but he's still (admitted himself) learning his trade, and as such doing something special here will bolster his career no end.

I also agree with Tony about being in the right place at the right time and the right fit, Boothroyd had it at Watford, Dowie had it a Palace perhaps Pressley has this here.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSid

Really no sure how they can be blamed if he moved to a bigger team in a higher division. I don't think he will go to Millwall but I think could be tempted by other clubs in the same league. Exactly the same situation with any player, they have a price. We are no different to any other club.

This is exactly the point. I can't believe some are naïve enough to think that Pressley, or anyone else, would have any loyalty to a club. I certainly don't think his status as a former player will make a jot of difference either. And neither will the idea of completion of a project. The nature of football is that there is always some new plan or other that are never completed, I'm sure Robins had one too.

Millwall may not be a very tempting prospect, but others will be keeping tabs on his abilities and there could be better than Millwall after him by the summer. Managers are naturally ambitious in a very precarious profession and have to grab better jobs as they come along. Why else would Solskjaer have agreed to work for a dreadful club like Cardiff? It's all about the next job. Sadly, loyalty is just for the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread