Millwall eye Pressley (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

I would like to think he would stay with us..... but who knows especially with the current club situation. You tend to find the Scots a bit more loyal though tbf

CovisGod

Millwall can piss right off. I obviously have nothing to base this on but I've got a feeling Pressley may be a bit more loyal to us than our previous gaffer.

Unless of course he starts mentioning Sky Blue Blood and it's all over lol

SkyBlueSid

I doubt Pressley would leave for a club like Millwall, as it is barely any career progression. However, if a bigger club came calling, of course he would leave. No point in pretending otherwise, managers are like players although their jobs are far more precarious. Same principle though, grab opportunities when they arise.

Suppose West Brom decided they wanted Pressley. Does anyone doubt for a moment that he would be off like a shot? Nothing to do with loyalty, there is no such thing in the modern game.

J

Jack Griffin

I doubt Pressley would leave for a club like Millwall, as it is barely any career progression. However, if a bigger club came calling, of course he would leave. No point in pretending otherwise, managers are like players although their jobs are far more precarious. Same principle though, grab opportunities when they arise.

Suppose West Brom decided they wanted Pressley. Does anyone doubt for a moment that he would be off like a shot? Nothing to do with loyalty, there is no such thing in the modern game.

Actually thinking about it, the situation is pretty similar to last season when championship strugglers Huddersfield poached Robbins.

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps another wake up call to SISU to sort this mess out and start backing the team and manager.
If they don't who would blame him and others on leaving.
If you worked for a company who didn't reward your hard work, never invested in the company or workforce and asked you to work 30 miles away in a shit hole of an office would you be tempted if a better offer from another company came in ?

Grendel

Perhaps another wake up call to SISU to sort this mess out and start backing the team and manager.
If you worked for a company who didn't reward your hard work, never invested in the company or workforce and asked you to work 30 miles away in a shit hole of an office would you be tempted if a better offer from another company came in ?

You'd be equally tempted if at the Ricoh. In fact if you had the biggest office in the world and someone offered you a job paying twice as much in a shithole 30 miles away you'd soon be describing said shithole as cosy and be off like a shot.

valiant15

Deja vu. Weren't people saying the same thing about robins last season?

Why would it be different with pressley?

Robins left because of a lack of assurances behind the scenes plua a nice pay rise. Pressley will be no different,of course hed think about jumping ship for more money, who wouldnt? Ccfc is just a job to him plus sisu will be foaming at the mouth at the thought of any cash.

It's not worth worrying about.

Astute

You'd be equally tempted if at the Ricoh. In fact if you had the biggest office in the world and someone offered you a job paying twice as much in a shithole 30 miles away you'd soon be describing said shithole as cosy and be off like a shot.

He is already working in a shithole 30 miles away.

Grendel

Deja vu. Weren't people saying the same thing about robins last season?

Why would it be different with pressley?

Robins left because of a lack of assurances behind the scenes plua a nice pay rise. Pressley will be no different,of course hed think about jumping ship for more money, who wouldnt? Ccfc is just a job to him plus sisu will be foaming at the mouth at the thought of any cash.

It's not worth worrying about.

I actually think he will stay.

WestEndAgro

Im not prepared to comment on this, until SISU come out and say Presley is 100% leaving/staying, we may aswell discuss Messi's iminate arrival.

Astute

Im not prepared to comment on this, until SISU come out and say Presley is 100% leaving/staying, we may aswell discuss Messi's iminate arrival.

Like they meant it when they said the boat had sailed, they only want the pie money or we will see the plans of the new stadium within a few weeks?

bringbackrattles

We all hope he likes it here with us and he has said many times he is so what can we do but accept his word ?
But if he heard the idiots calling for him to leave recently he might think sod em them I'm off !but I've a feeling he'll stay.

Grendel

Grendel

That means he is going as everything you say is opposite to the fact. (Bullshit?)
Just wish you could keep quiet some times.

Given that every thread you bore everyone with your narrative "I've had enough and will be giving up" that is rich.

You show zero enthusiasm for anything positive and revel in any potential disharmony when their is some potential bad news.

Pressley is ambitious - he is also young. Coventry present an enormous challenge. No ground, no support and young players who need developing. The club has had no top 6 finish for 40 years and started the season on negative points.

So, the opportunity to transform the club and gain the top 6 finish and even promotion would be a dramatic and substantial tick on the CV. Age is on his side.

Millwall has no real opportunity for improved fan base and lived in the shadow of many much bigger clubs.

So in my view it will not just be about a pay cheque - not yet. Robins yes as he probably has reached his level.

Pressley, however, has intelligence and ambition as well as drive. Unlike the man with a van from Beduth he has no need to jump if someone waves a fiver in his direction.

Tonylinc

Given that every thread you bore everyone with your narrative "I've had enough and will be giving up" that is rich.

You show zero enthusiasm for anything positive and revel in any potential disharmony when their is some potential bad news.

Pressley is ambitious - he is also young. Coventry present an enormous challenge. No ground, no support and young players who need developing. The club has had no top 6 finish for 40 years and started the season on negative points.

So, the opportunity to transform the club and gain the top 6 finish and even promotion would be a dramatic and substantial tick on the CV. Age is on his side.

Millwall has no real opportunity for improved fan base and lived in the shadow of many much bigger clubs.

So in my view it will not just be about a pay cheque - not yet. Robins yes as he probably has reached his level.

Pressley, however, has intelligence and ambition as well as drive. Unlike the man with a van from Beduth he has no need to jump if someone waves a fiver in his direction.
Do you know what (and I can't believe that I am saying this but) yes I agree with you. This must a first I agree with Grendel!!!!!

italiahorse

Yes its all good news with Coventry City. Just don't moan about it.

The Gentleman

Foot and mouth disease got you again ? The current regime will never match let alone back Pressley's ambition. You say "Millwall has no real opportunity for improved fanbase" what is the prospect of our fanbase at present and for the foreseeable future down at Sixfields then ? What will it be in 5 years time when we finally see Legoland ?

Tonylinc

At the end of the day It was only because Robins left that we got Elvis and I am very grateful to him for that.

Gint11

My first thought on this was to laugh, however it is just like the Robins - Huddersfield scenario so I am slightly concerned by this. I hope his words 2 weeks ago about wanting to see this job through is true. Unlike Robins, SP was an ex player, that may sway it for now.

Covstu

Really no sure how they can be blamed if he moved to a bigger team in a higher division. I don't think he will go to Millwall but I think could be tempted by other clubs in the same league. Exactly the same situation with any player, they have a price. We are no different to any other club.

stupot07

I think he see's this a long term project so will want to stay. One of the reasons this squad has done so well is that he's installed an ethos of mutual respect and togetherness.

Covstar

That means he is going as everything you say is opposite to the fact. (Bullshit?)
Just wish you could keep quiet some times.

I know Grendel is not 'popular' around here but why berate him when all he has done is express his opinion on whether Pressley would stay or leave.

I myself think that Pressley will stay and not jump ship so quickly. He is only 40 years old which is incredibly young for a manager and I think he will want to finish off the work he has started and achieve something at the club before moving on to bigger and better things. It is inevitable one day he will leave our club because his work at Coventry city has won many admirers across the country and when an offer from a bigger club comes in he may well decide to call it time and look forward to a new chapter in his life.

But after 5 months in his first job here in England with his family now settled down in Coventry and Millwall showing interest? Looks very unlikely he is going anywhere.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

I think he see's this a long term project so will want to stay. One of the reasons this squad has done so well is that he's installed an ethos of mutual respect and togetherness.

In all seriousness, do you honestly think he would stay if a high up championship club who hit a bad run came knocking or even if a lowly Premiership club looking for someone to bring youth through like Villa did with Lambert ? I also think he would go if Rangers came knocking, not saying they will but know that a few Rangers fans have mentioned him to a mate of mine

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

WHAT!!!???? We're signing Messi??? WooHoo!!!!! He's even having an iminate arrival! Not even an imminent one! :claping hands:

stupot07

In all seriousness, do you honestly think he would stay if a high up championship club who hit a bad run came knocking or even if a lowly Premiership club looking for someone to bring youth through like Villa did with Lambert ? I also think he would go if Rangers came knocking, not saying they will but know that a few Rangers fans have mentioned him to a mate of mine

I don't think he'd leave to go to Rangers, of course if a PL club came in he would be off in shot. I'm not so sure he would want to move to a championship club at this point in the project - plus how many top championship jobs come up? How many lower pl clubs or mid to upper championship clubs revolve around young squads and the academy? This seems to be the area he's interested in.

How many jobs was he linked with at Falkirk before joining us? He was there doing a good job, for what 3 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread