Transfer Rumour Milan Van Ewjik (1 Viewer)

Hincha

I'm paraphrasing but I'm pretty sure Robins has mentioned previously that he was changing his stance on the European market because other than Hamer the strategy just wasn't working.

Clearly he has more faith in Dean Austin than he did in Badlan to get it right.

With the budget we had the strategy was to go for players who had promised a lot previously but for some reason their career had stalled (attitude, injury, etc.) They were very cheap and for a reason - add in acclimatizing to a new country and it isn't surprising in hindsight that it didn't work.

Hamer was the outlier as we paid a significant fee for someone who didn't have any obvious baggage and his stats in the Eredivisie looked great.

This bid signals that we are moving up into the bracket that Hamer was in (which is less of a risk) as we have more to spend now. Doubt Robins was against players like Van Ewjik but players from Ligue 2 who had done their ACL.

fernandopartridge

I'm paraphrasing but I'm pretty sure Robins has mentioned previously that he was changing his stance on the European market because other than Hamer the strategy just wasn't working.

Clearly he has more faith in Dean Austin than he did in Badlan to get it right.
Though in fairness the previously scouted players really were from the bargain bin except Hamer

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

djr8369

I know some of us were worried that hiring Dean Austin meant we were going to become insular and start ignoring the European market. Very happy that isn't the case.
Isn’t it a bit early to make that judgement based off one rumour?

slowpoke

Know nothing about him but 82 potential on Fifa, so we should sign him.
Although at the moment just another rumour he sounds a decent player and would fit into how we like to play.
We have just recruited a scout who was at Leicester and was their main scout for foreign players maybe he’s delivering straight away.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Though in fairness the previously scouted players really were from the bargain bin except Hamer

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hmm, not sure I agree. DaCosta, Hilssner, Jobello, Kastaneer's wages collectively wouldn't have been that cheap. I think at one point we had all four on the books with them making zero contribution to the first team.

Not ideal to be in that situation when the budget is already spread thin.

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

With the budget we had the strategy was to go for players who had promised a lot previously but for some reason their career had stalled (attitude, injury, etc.) They were very cheap and for a reason - add in acclimatizing to a new country and it isn't surprising in hindsight that it didn't work.

Hamer was the outlier as we paid a significant fee for someone who didn't have any obvious baggage and his stats in the Eredivisie looked great.

This bid signals that we are moving up into the bracket that Hamer was in (which is less of a risk) as we have more to spend now. Doubt Robins was against players like Van Ewjik but players from Ligue 2 who had done their ACL.

As mentioned they weren't really all that cheap collectively. Granted Hamer was a huge success but the remainder of the signings were a car crash (granted Jobello was unlucky with injuries) and would've together put a dent in the club's budget and as such its ability to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

edgy

As mentioned they weren't really all that cheap collectively. Granted Hamer was a huge success but the remainder of the signings were a car crash (granted Jobello was unlucky with injuries) and would've together put a dent in the club's budget and as such its ability to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

How much were they earning then?

fernandopartridge

Hmm, not sure I agree. DaCosta, Hilssner, Jobello, Kastaneer's wages collectively wouldn't have been that cheap. I think at one point we had all four on the books with them making zero contribution to the first team.

Not ideal to be in that situation when the budget is already spread thin.

Collectively not that cheap but individually, they weren't signed as a package

KenilworthSkyBlue

Collectively not that cheap but individually, they weren't signed as a package

I'm not saying they were. I'm more highlighting that when you look at the bigger picture it's a bit of a myth to suggest their cost was minimal when collectively they were all under contract at some point which would've been problematic for the club.

I think from memory we also paid fees for Hilssner, Jobello and Kastaneer.

Deity

Whether we land him or not it’s encouraging to think that Robins has recognised that we need more dynamic full backs in our formation

Yorkshire SB

Like this.

Want to see us speculate to accumulate, has worked really well for us in the past 3 years, despite some of the failures.

£5m is a lot but the championship a great shop window. If he performs he could be worth 50-100% more in 12 months.

SBAndy

I'm not saying they were. I'm more highlighting that when you look at the bigger picture it's a bit of a myth to suggest their cost was minimal when collectively they were all under contract at some point which would've been problematic for the club.

I think from memory we also paid fees for Hilssner, Jobello and Kastaneer.

The point, I believe, being they were individually cheap signings. Little up-front fee and probably relatively (in Champ terms) low wages. The kicker was the length of contract.

On the flip side, Hamer cost over £1m and would have probably been on a decent wage straight away, in line with the fact he was a likely starter. The former market is fraught with danger, the latter is a bit more fruitful. Zian Flemming who went to Millwall being another example.

slowpoke

Bids from both Anderlecht and Coventry City were not interesting for SC Heerenveen. There is currently no negotiation going on. Of course, Club hopes that Milan van Ewijk will play a good European Championship with the Dutch Juniors, which will further increase market value.

Opening bids are always rejected

HerneBayGaz

I want to know, what's he like at a penalty shootout??
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Users who are viewing this thread