Migrants crossing from Europe (1 Viewer)

PVA

Apologies for a Daily Mail link, but there's an interview with a survivor of the tragedy.

Awful.

"Mr Shekha said: ‘That’s when people started falling into the water. So to rescue them we were all holding each other’s hands, all of us, the 33. This continued for a few hours until it became day.

'The sun was out, but we couldn’t hold on any longer. The people just stopped holding hands and they all went into the water. They died.’"

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Apologies for a Daily Mail link, but there's an interview with a survivor of the tragedy.

Awful.

"Mr Shekha said: ‘That’s when people started falling into the water. So to rescue them we were all holding each other’s hands, all of us, the 33. This continued for a few hours until it became day.

'The sun was out, but we couldn’t hold on any longer. The people just stopped holding hands and they all went into the water. They died.’"

And your point is what exactly ? All the more reason to rescue them , all the more reason to stop them doing this in the first place or all the more reason to continue lining the pockets of the bastards who arrange this ?.

PVA

And your point is what exactly ? All the more reason to rescue them , all the more reason to stop them doing this in the first place or all the more reason to continue lining the pockets of the bastards who arrange this ?.

I posted an interview with a survivor. I wasn't making a point.

You didn't answer my question from last night though - sheep or holidaymaker, which one are you saving?

PVA

giphy.gif

CCFCSteve

It’s a good response to be fair. However, they either need help or are intentionally ignoring traffickers putting migrants in dinghies and ultimately some are dying in the channel. It’s one or the other

It personally accept the help and try to find a joint solution to managing the problem better.

skybluetony176

End of the Le Touquet treaty is coming, UK border moves from Calais to Dover, the cost of crossing the channel becomes a ferry ticket, clears the camps in France, puts the criminal gangs out of the people trafficking business everyone’s a winner.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's funny how the TV stations and journalists seem to be able to follow the mass number of boats from out of the sand dunes in France but the French authorities generally miss them. Can't be that difficult.

fernandopartridge

It's funny how the TV stations and journalists seem to be able to follow the mass number of boats from out of the sand dunes in France but the French authorities generally miss them. Can't be that difficult.
It's not an issue in the grand scheme of things, the media coverage is completely disproportionate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's not an issue in the grand scheme of things, the media coverage is completely disproportionate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
In the grand scheme of what ? Fuel bills ? The war in Albania ?

skybluetony176

In the grand scheme of what ? Fuel bills ? The war in Albania ?
Albania?

Just in the grand schemes of anything immigration related alone. Immigration hasn’t gone down since brexit, the government has just sent a delegation to India and the Philippines in an attempt to recruit the 160K workers we’re short in the care sector, about 90% of actual illegal immigrants in the UK arrive on a visa and then overstay, the majority of those arriving by boats are successful in claiming asylum and the majority of those without appeal, there is no legal route for asylum seekers so we’re actually facilitating the criminal gangs taking advantage of that, we take in significantly less asylum seekers than our European neighbours etc etc etc. They have you chasing a ghost of a “problem” because they think you’re stupid enough to buy it. It’s up to you if you let them prove that right.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Albania?

Just in the grand schemes of anything immigration related alone. Immigration hasn’t gone down since brexit, the government has just sent a delegation to India and the Philippines in an attempt to recruit the 160K workers we’re short in the care sector, about 90% of actual illegal immigrants in the UK arrive on a visa and then overstay, the majority of those arriving by boats are successful in claiming asylum and the majority of those without appeal, there is no legal route for asylum seekers so we’re actually facilitating the criminal gangs taking advantage of that, we take in significantly less asylum seekers than our European neighbours etc etc etc. They have you chasing a ghost of a “problem” because they think you’re stupid enough to buy it. It’s up to you if you let them prove that right.
Stupid enough to buy what ?
Last year 28,000 came across the channel. This year it will be in excess of 40,000.
Next year there is nothing to suggest the figures will continue to accelerate so likely be over 70,000.
But you think it's okay because the rest of Europe take more.
So you would be okay with any number , even half a million , roughly a Sheffield, given what you say in your sales pitch.

skybluetony176

Last year 28,000 came across the channel. This year it will be in excess of 40,000.
Next year there is nothing to suggest the figures will continue to accelerate so likely be over 70,000.
So you would be okay with any number , even half a million , roughly a Sheffield, given what you say in your sales pitch.
Visa overstay numbers are constantly over half a million at any given time, actually closer to three quarters of a million most of the time, I see your imaginary Sheffield and raise you real life Leeds. And unlike the people crossing the channel, the majority of which are legitimate asylum seekers, visa overstay is 100% illegal immigration. It’s not a sales pitch it’s stating fact. Like I said, they think you’re stupid because they can get you chasing this ghost of an issue, in the big scheme of things and even in just illegal immigration the channel crossings aren’t an issue, other than highlighting that there’s no legitimate route forcing asylum seekers to use organised crime gangs. There’s bigger fish to fry. It’s no wonder they think you’re stupid when you’re so willing to help.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Visa overstay numbers are constantly over half a million at any given time, actually closer to three quarters of a million most of the time, I see your imaginary Sheffield and raise you real life Leeds. And unlike the people crossing the channel, the majority of which are legitimate asylum seekers, visa overstay is 100% illegal immigration. It’s not a sales pitch it’s stating fact. Like I said, they think you’re stupid because they can get you chasing this ghost of an issue, in the big scheme of things and even in just illegal immigration the channel crossings aren’t an issue, other than highlighting that there’s no legitimate route forcing asylum seekers to use organised crime gangs. There’s bigger fish to fry. It’s no wonder they think you’re stupid when you’re so willing to help.
You haven't actually answered my question. I take it from your reply is that whether it be a crossing similar to the population of Sheffield or even Leeds in a twelve month period you're okay with it because the "illegal immigration .....the channel crossings aren't an issue "
That's quite unexpectedly funny.

skybluetony176

You haven't actually answered my question. I take it from your reply is that whether it be a crossing similar to the population of Sheffield or even Leeds in a twelve month period you're okay with it because the "illegal immigration .....the channel crossings aren't an issue "
That's quite unexpectedly funny.
You’re inventing imaginary numbers to get angry about when the real illegal immigration numbers are much much worse and actually numbers. It’s only going to get worse too. The numbers arriving then overstaying has doubled in the last five years, 100k in 2020 alone adding to that ever growing number, the government has just sent recruitment delegations to India and the Philippines to recruit 160K workers to fill the gap in healthcare jobs, that’s a city the size of Oxford in case you’re interested in some actual figures, guess what, India and the Philippines provide two off the biggest numbers for visa overstay also, guess what again, our government are going to capitulate on visa demands from India because they’re desperate for a trade deal with them as they’re desperate to mitigate brexit damage which means visa overstay numbers just from India will go up again.

So yeah, you go worrying about asylum seekers using the only method that they have to get here if you like, being willingly taken for a fool, inventing numbers of how bad it’s going to get, making easier for the people pointing at boats to take you for an idiot. Meanwhile in the real world illegal immigrants are arriving in numbers that dwarf the numbers crossing the channel claiming asylum with a piece of paper issued by our government that allow them in the country in the first place. Well done.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I assume you are therefore highly supportive of increasing the international aid and development budget and opening our markets up to competition from nations such as this so they have less desire or need to travel here?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I assume you are therefore highly supportive of increasing the international aid and development budget and opening our markets up to competition from nations such as this so they have less desire or need to travel here?
Of course. Are you ? What nations are you specifically thinking of ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You’re inventing imaginary numbers to get angry about when the real illegal immigration numbers are much much worse and actually numbers. It’s only going to get worse too. The numbers arriving then overstaying has doubled in the last five years, 100k in 2020 alone adding to that ever growing number, the government has just sent recruitment delegations to India and the Philippines to recruit 160K workers to fill the gap in healthcare jobs, that’s a city the size of Oxford in case you’re interested in some actual figures, guess what, India and the Philippines provide two off the biggest numbers for visa overstay also, guess what again, our government are going to capitulate on visa demands from India because they’re desperate for a trade deal with them as they’re desperate to mitigate brexit damage which means visa overstay numbers just from India will go up again.

So yeah, you go worrying about asylum seekers using the only method that they have to get here if you like, being willingly taken for a fool, inventing numbers of how bad it’s going to get, making easier for the people pointing at boats to take you for an idiot. Meanwhile in the real world illegal immigrants are arriving in numbers that dwarf the numbers crossing the channel claiming asylum with a piece of paper issued by our government that allow them in the country in the first place. Well done.
Oh no, no. I'm not worried at all. I merely asked the question about the French authorities missing the people hiding in the sand dunes, which you used to go off on one.

Well done to you on accepting as many boats as is humanly possible across the channel, of lining the pockets of the traffickers and the deaths of those who risk the crossings.
Well done.

skybluetony176

Oh no, no. I'm not worried at all. I merely asked the question about the French authorities missing the people hiding in the sand dunes, which you used to go off on one.

Well done to you on accepting as many boats as is humanly possible across the channel, of lining the pockets of the traffickers and the deaths of those who risk the crossings.
Well done.
You were worried enough to start this thread in the first place. “It’s absolutely out of control” was your opening gambit. Compared to visa overstay? Not even close. Unless you start inventing numbers the size of Sheffield to get angry about.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You were worried enough to start this thread in the first place. “It’s absolutely out of control” was your opening gambit. Compared to visa overstay? Not even close. Unless you start inventing numbers the size of Sheffield to get angry about.
It is out of control . That's a fact .
The Sheffield number was simply an example of what half a million looks like in context but you then went as far as to think a number of over 700,000 would be fine. So according to you a number the size of Leeds coming across the channel would be okay on an annual basis.
Angry? It's just funny .

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Well done.
What a ridiculous and amazingly stupid post.

Hertsccfc

It is out of control . That's a fact .
The Sheffield number was simply an example of what half a million looks like in context but you then went as far as to think a number of over 700,000 would be fine. So according to you a number the size of Leeds coming across the channel would be okay on an annual basis.
Angry? It's just funny .
It's not a fact. It's an opinion, and in my view a wrong one.

Let's face it's just something used by this Government to cover up for their deficiencies. It always becomes a story when there is something they want to hide from the headlines.

Compared to what some other countries have had to deal with with mass migration of desperate refugees right on their doorstep our numbers are ridiculously low. Do you know how many refugees the Lebonon took from Syria? We are not talking cities the size of Sheffield by the way.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's not a fact. It's an opinion, and in my view a wrong one.

Let's face it's just something used by this Government to cover up for their deficiencies. It always becomes a story when there is something they want to hide from the headlines.

Compared to what some other countries have had to deal with with mass migration of desperate refugees right on their doorstep our numbers are ridiculously low. Do you know how many refugees the Lebonon took from Syria? We are not talking cities the size of Sheffield by the way.
So the number coming across the channel is under control and it's a distraction.
It's funny how the old argument always is " well other countries are taking more. " which means that in reality there is no upper limit.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Why are the party of law and order allowing illegal immigrants from Albania?
Why, 6 years after Brexit, have we not taken control of our borders as promised?

Users who are viewing this thread