Match Thread Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Play off Semi final 2nd leg Match Thread - Wednesday 17th May (5 Viewers)

Kris_Boro

Our general form and level of performance have been fantastic since Carrick came in. However, two of the key parts of that are missing in Howson and Ramsey. Howson may make the squad but unlikely to start. We are much slower with Mowatt and Hackney in the middle and Forss whilst a better option that Jones is not yet back to his best.

I am hoping we come out firing, fast and try to get ahead early on.

Our defensive display on Sunday was very unexpected, frankly we have been pretty rubbish at the back and have conceded in most if not all games.

Nerves are very much set now and i think its going to be tense once again but something will have to give.

See you on the other side lads, im going to listen to the Rocky theme on repeat and watch some of our best moments on Youtube before heading off to the pub to start the build up.

Sky Blue Pete

Its far from the first tien Robins has lost key players and had to rebuild.
Yep it’s what I love so much about him but also our club
West Ham and moyes is another good example. You can’t just expect managers to always win, you have to expect them to problem solve and find answers when things aren’t going well.
Frankly Watford and others like them deserve no success at all

Garlana86

If you take the last 10 games;
City W4 D5 L 1
Boro W3 D3 L4
🤷‍♂️
Hard to read into this, Boro have taken their foot off the gas for weeks while we were fight tooth and nail to get what they already have. Carrick wont have admitted in any interview, but there is absolutely no way he didnt tell his team to save their best for when it matters.

shmmeee

I’m excited for tonight - I used to be nervous but it’s a privilege to be in a position to play games with such high stakes, I’d definitely take it over a mid table dead rubber fixture!

It’s been an excellent journey this season - like a phoenix from the ashes when we were in very real danger of going down, to Carrick coming in and revitalising everyone and mounting this incredible comeback story. Whatever happens I’m grateful. If someone told me in November we’d be comfortably in the play offs by early April I’d have snapped your hand off and called you mad!

Some of our own fans annoy me at times, especially the disrespect shown to Coventry most recently. I don’t have either side as favourite because I think they are so close in quality that its no accident we have drew our last two games.

I know it’s cliche but I think the first goal is vital tonight, whoever gets it will go from strength to strength and progress to the final.

If we score first I think it forces your hand to take more risks which will suit us and we will rack up a few more goals in t.

If you score first you will sit back, soak the pressure and hit us on the counter for another goal. Our home crowd professes to be loud but they don’t handle adversity and pressure very well so this would massively work well for you.

In my gut whoever wins tonight 100% will win the whole thing.

Yeah pretty much my feelings.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

First time posting on here after lurking around for 4+ years.

Shame I can't watch this one, delivering groceries around the hills of Warwickshire til about 10pm relying on C&W for the commentary.

Fingers crossed the van they give me has a working DAB radio...

Welcome 🤗

Paxman II

My gut feeling is we sneak a 0-1 win. An early goal would bring out the nerves in Boro'. if we go down 1-0 we will not be affected the same way & will remain confident of at least a result. Hopefully none of it means penalties. The longer it goes, like extra time, I think we have the better fitness on what I have seen of Boro'.

Ccfcisparks

Tough one tonight. If Hamer is out it has to be Allen in. I'd be tempted to play the box to allow us a bit of solidity. A half fit Palmer is likely to be a better impact sub than Maguire.

Tommo1993

Feel like a complete divvy, somehow didn’t realise I’d be back off holiday before away leg so I didn’t even try to get tickets. Would’ve been cream crackered, but it’s a small price!

Turns out we’ve both picked up COVID while away anyway. Would’ve been unfair to pass it around.

Otis

Feel like a complete divvy, somehow didn’t realise I’d be back off holiday before away leg so I didn’t even try to get tickets. Would’ve been cream crackered, but it’s a small price!

Turns out we’ve both picked up COVID while away anyway. Would’ve been unfair to pass it around.
Hope you're better soon. 🤞

Grendel

I can’t see where he’s been vile to you
You have been vile to him - just apologise
It’s being the bigger person

Its childish stuff but whatever his personal issues Houchen Head is an advocate of sectarian violence - most forums would have banned him years ago

Users who are viewing this thread