Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (2 Viewers)

Chip Batch

We lost but there are big games coming up that are plenty winnable. We could be in a much better position after those. We also could be worse 😁.

Really though Robins has been brilliant for us and we knew this season would be a struggle. Did anyone think otherwise?

The vast majority of these players are playing at a level they’ve never played at before and some of them aren’t good enough for it.

There’s still a long way to go and if we can finish fourth from bottom it’s been a very good season and we can hopefully build and recruit from there.

Liquid Gold

Everyone has worked hard but Boro came to wear us down and nick a result at the end
Which is what they did late on after bringing on players we could never afford
Typical Warnock football unfortunately
Make it easy to be worn down if you leave the worn out players on the pitch.

Johnnythespider

We are far to pedastrian in our play, i think over 50s walking football when i watch us, there just isn't enough tempo to trouble teams, by the time we've faffed about passing it forwards then backwards then sideways then back again defences are in position to deal.with the odd occasions we actually get near their penalty area. One stat tonight, 0 shots on target.

clint van damme

No he wasn’t, he was poor defensively their right wing were all over him when attacking, they created a number of dangerous situations down our right hand side including the winning goal.

eh? Howson started his run on the left and had the freedom of the pitch, he waltzed across the front of our 18 yard box, but rich to day that goal was engineered down our right hand side. And even then Wilson should have dealt with it.

shepardo01

Huddersfield haven’t won in about a year and we’re still not above them.

February was supposed to be the killer. March could be the one that really fucks us. We need to beat Derby on Saturday now, huge 6 point game that didn’t need to be if we just picked up a few more easy points by doing the most obvious basic things.
Can anybody see us winning....???
We are so soft at the back it is unbelievable. Some of the defending, again, tonight was Lg2 stuff.... and that is generous.
Plus, we were clueless in their box, and trying to get there too....

no_loyalty

Where do we go from here? we need to hope Godden makes the ground running and the defence sorts themselves out.

Skybluefaz

And let's end the shite here... The best striker at the club is still not available and we're crying out for him... He's a proper forward.
The 2 playing tonight can't lace his boots...

Just a horrendous night for me, we played OK for 20 minutes
You called it well in the first half, you could just sense it was going to go to shit tonight.

Grendel

Everyone has worked hard but Boro came to wear us down and nick a result at the end
Which is what they did late on after bringing on players we could never afford
Typical Warnock football unfortunately

Warnock still is a far superior manager to Robins

Paul Anthony

Derby 4-0 down. We have to go for the win Saturday

You just know we'll turn up and play for the draw, make an amateur mistake and end up losing the bloody thing because we can't shoot for toffee to make up for it.

Frostie

Using 5 subs was effective against Brentford and allowed us to carry on pressing for the whole game...so why the fuck has Robins only made one sub tonight? Walker was awful, Hamer poor again, Max was clearly tired in the second half. Now I think we will be in trouble

Much easier when you're in front. The subs we used are excellent at helping protect a lead; Sheaf to put his foot on the ball, slow it down, retain possession, Baka to stretch them & prevent them playing out etc.
They're not players likely to come on & win it for you though.

I'd have brought Gyökeres on for Biamou but other than that 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fergusons_Beard

We lost but there are big games coming up that are plenty winnable. We could be in a much better position after those. We also could be worse .

Really though Robins has been brilliant for us and we knew this season would be a struggle. Did anyone think otherwise?

The vast majority of these players are playing at a level they’ve never played at before and some of them aren’t good enough for it.

There’s still a long way to go and if we can finish fourth from bottom it’s been a very good season and we can hopefully build and recruit from there.

Why the fook didn’t he make a bastard substitute?

He did that earlier in the season and basically caused the injuries of key players by overplaying them.

He then went through a phase of making subs at the right times to save our players legs.

Tonite he took off Kelly at the right time but should have rested Dabo and Walker, possibly Hamer.

Robins has been brilliant in patches-he needs to be fuckin proactive and look at the big picture.

Massive game on Satdee and most of our players will be blowing out of their arses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cc84cov

Much easier when you're in front. The subs we used are excellent at helping protect a lead; Sheaf to put his foot on the ball, slow it down, retain possession, Baka to stretch them & prevent them playing out etc.
They're not players likely to come on & win it for you though.

I'd have brought Gyökeres on for Biamou but other than that 🤷🏼‍♂️
no sheaf again tbh I don’t get why he’s not used subs tonight he’s struggling at the level at times our tactic now seems to be go longer and play off the second balls

Paxman II

It's as though we gave it all for brentford and we have run out of steam, and compounded by playing unfit players back from injury who are not performing to their best. Think a few fresh legs would have helped out, Sheaf, Allen but why did we not do that? Frustrating. derby down to earth with a bump but they still had a lot of possesssion. We will have to play well Saturday and wrestle possession back. Decent tatics from Warnock tbf.

larry_david

Robins must the shittest manager in the world. If only he was aware they were tired and the way to win was to make changes. You lot are really depressing in your lack of understanding of the position we are in
Shut up you prat. Weren't yyou defending Wilson for the earlier goal? Good god

Evo1883

You called it well in the first half, you could just sense it was going to go to shit tonight.
I often feel we are in games and get unjust criticism, but tonight at half time I felt like we were genuinely struggling to control any aspect of the game after 20 minutes and it felt like we were only going to end up losing

cc84cov

Robins must the shittest manager in the world. If only he was aware they were tired and the way to win was to make changes. You lot are really depressing in your lack of understanding of the position we are in
Position is we have 5 subs to make at home to go and win the game we made 1 while they made 4

Nick

Administrator
I often feel we are in games and get unjust criticism, but tonight at half time I felt like we were genuinely struggling to control any aspect of the game after 20 minutes and it felt like we were only going to end up losing
Shame the manager couldn't see it

Users who are viewing this thread