Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
It's going to be an absolute nerve-wracking 2nd half. We're set up to counter attack today but Middlesbrough have caught us out a bit by sitting deep, allowing us to play, and trying to nick the ball off us and counter too. Going to be end to end madness 2nd half i think.

Palmer might make a difference.

SkyblueTexan

Looks like the entire team bar Sakamoto and Collins was out partying on New Year’s Eve. They look awful.

curly_tom

Very lucky to be level at half time. Our midfield have bee poor today, they look a yard behind every time. Eccles and Sheaf not doing much. Thanks God for Sakamoto! I just hope we can settle a bit early second half.

bigfatronssba

Can’t figure out if that was a good or bad half from Collins?

Jamesimus

We haven’t been great.

Binks struggling, Eccles and Sheaf been a mixed bag, MVE not been at his best but been fouled repeatedly.

Sakamoto has done well when given the opportunity, Wright occasionally threatened but also made the wrong decisions a few times.

We’ve created little, they’ve created a fair amount and have played much better than they have against us in the recent past. Lucky to go in at 1-1.

Oggy has consistently referred to them as “Sunderland” on the ifollow commentary which is a brilliant wind-up.

curly_tom

Simms doesn't seem to be getting anything, every time the midfielders move forward they seem ot pick the wrong pass. Wright has almost got it right a couple of times. I though Binks looked a bit shaky

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Eccles has to come off, he’s more effective coming on for Sheaf later in the game but his defending, touch, delivery, decision making hasn’t been great at all….and WHY IS HE STILL TAKING CORNERS?! Although ironically his corners have probably been the best part of his game this half!

Palmer for Eccles early 2nd half in my opinion, take the game to them - we’ve got the beating of Boro but need to go at them (and could do without Eccles putting us under pressure at the other end)

Users who are viewing this thread