Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (2 Viewers)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I agree McGree was outstanding against us at end of last season. It looks like he played recently against Huddersfield. Hopefully for us he has flown out to join Australia squad for our game with India.

Weather report from North Yorkshire, sunny and clear skies. No obvious other Sky Blues fans on train.

Ashdown

Happy New Year all. City to continue our unbeaten run ? Hearing about their injury crisis gives hope of grabbing back the points we chucked away against the Jacks🤞…….

Sky Blue Harry H

We get whacked today

The play offs of course, but also tonking them first home game this season, they will be out for revenge and I think the last minute goal has knocked some stuffing out of us

Run ended

3 nil Boro
Not a cat in hells chance. Revisit this post, later!

Gibbo

This game is going to indicate one way or another how reliant we have become on Kitching.

On reflection cannot see a clean sheet without him, so it is down to Wright, Saka and O'Hare to get us an equalizer - or Bobby Thomas deciding to go rogue and show Ellis Simms how it's done

Gint11

I’ve changed my mind. We have the mental edge of these from last season. IF we get the first goal we’ll beat these 1-3

duffer

Traditional hangover game. Cold day, silent crowd, two tired teams, 0-0, and feeling sick all the way home.

So obviously, having predicted that, it'll end up a nine goal thriller with three red cards and an injury time 20-yard, knob-volley winner from substitute striker... Wilson. 😁

stupot07

Yeah happy with that team. At least it's only 1 change really from the side that has been playing the last month or so. Far too many changes on Friday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Danceswithhorses

Hope for a win today...about time we won at 'boro...prediction is 2-1 (Wright & Simms)
On another note, Preston are currently losing 2-0 at Sunderland in the early kick off.
How on earth are they above us in the table with a GD of -13, when we are +8...bonkers ??

clint van damme

Hope for a win today...about time we won at 'boro...prediction is 2-1 (Wright & Simms)
On another note, Preston are currently losing 2-0 at Sunderland in the early kick off.
How on earth are they above us in the table with a GD of -13, when we are +8...bonkers ??

I'm watching it, didn't have much to drink yesterday, but if I was nursing a hangover a game a game at the stadium of light would be ideal, nice and quiet.

Paxman II

Tough todat. Boro had a great run after a terrible start but it has spluttered a bit of late. Difficult to predict. We look stronger than them and all will depend on atmosphere, players attitude on the day etc. We have put a strong team out and will expect to be in with a chance of 3 points. Draw the most likely result.

Users who are viewing this thread