Michael Rose (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Watching that pen it’s great play by Brereton who causes the coming together. Rose is stumbling having missed the header, if he had gone to ground I’m convinced he may have got away with a yellow. It’s the push the ref doesn’t like.

He and the whole of the team need to learn that there are different laws at this level of the game.

I’ve recently got back into reffing and I’ve been gobsmacked by the different interpretations of situations that we discuss for the different levels of football

There are literally different decisions required for different levels of the game and we are really being shown up for not getting an understanding

Ohare is being bullied when he just needs to watch someone like Cantwell or Brereton and realise you play the defender to get what you want and often that is a free kick

Same with hamers red. If pushed as he was you dive on the floor and stay there while the ref delivers the punishment.

I don’t want opposition managers saying we play the game right and will be ok. I want them to be pissed off with how we play and aggrieved at the result or decisions going against them.

I do hope rose and adi will look at the situation and be able to replicate the theory

Marosi should have been straight out
Rose should be in line with his defender mates
Rose should have tackled not pushed

Game over at that point

fernandopartridge

Think Rose, despite supporters already deciding he's shite... Deserves the benefit of the doubt in terms of form... He's been out injured and maybe was re introduced too soon... Either way give the lad a chance he's been a good player for us

It's starting to look like the SMB on here
Agreed, he's been good on the ball but just been caught once or twice. Still confident that he's good enough personally

Grendel

Agreed, he's been good on the ball but just been caught once or twice. Still confident that he's good enough personally

He looks a better long term bet than Hyam

Old Warwickshire lad

Ok Rose made a poor challenge, but it was a harsh sending off. Most of you were waxing lyrical about him being premier league class last season, now you hang him for a mistake lol.
There were a lot of poor performances yesterday and we got what we deserved, nowt.
We wouldn’t have won yesterday with 12 men.

Hobo

Not in English football he isn’t
Both are inexperienced at this level of competitive football - so both deserve a bit of time to find their feet.

Reactions: vow

Hobo

Hyam, Kelly and Shipley have all gone up two leagues in 3 seasons, they haven’t done *too* badly considering that

I totally agree. But this step up is the biggest and some of our fans just need a bit of a reality check. Its a learning season and we just have to hang on in there and stay up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I totally agree. But this step up is the biggest and some of our fans just need a bit of a reality check. Its a learning season and we just have to hang on in there and stay up.

If we survive a good number of these players will get moved on but if we go down we’ll need them. They have all deserved a crack at this level but need to learn fast

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ok Rose made a poor challenge, but it was a harsh sending off. Most of you were waxing lyrical about him being premier league class last season, now you hang him for a mistake lol.
There were a lot of poor performances yesterday and we got what we deserved, nowt.
We wouldn’t have won yesterday with 12 men.

It wasn't a harsh sending off - it was correct according to the laws of the game. Rose should know that, let the man go and hope Marosi makes the save. Even if he'd lunged in with his feet he'd have got away with a yellow as the ref was likely to interpret it as a genuine challenge, esp early in the game. The thing you don't do is tug them back or push them because that isn't a genuine challenge and makes the ref's decision easier. That's what he did.

Now you could say compared to the shithousery of the likes of Bournemouth with Hamer and yesterday's Watford game, or Lamela with Martial, or Shaw's cynical hack, it seems over the top, but that doesn't make the sending off harsh. The fault there is too much leniency in the other decisions.

How that affected our performance and the mental aspect of our players we can never know. We'd started competitively and while they we getting joy behind our wing/full backs with the extra CB to ocver that may have negated it to some extent and we'd have grown in confidnece in the game while theirs may have waned. To say we wouldn't have won with 12 men is comparing apples and oranges.

Grendel

We do but like a lot of players I don’t think the manager is capable at this level

• Poo
Reactions: vow

rhino1002

It wasn't a harsh sending off - it was correct according to the laws of the game. Rose should know that, let the man go and hope Marosi makes the save. Even if he'd lunged in with his feet he'd have got away with a yellow as the ref was likely to interpret it as a genuine challenge, esp early in the game. The thing you don't do is tug them back or push them because that isn't a genuine challenge and makes the ref's decision easier. That's what he did.

Now you could say compared to the shithousery of the likes of Bournemouth with Hamer and yesterday's Watford game, or Lamela with Martial, or Shaw's cynical hack, it seems over the top, but that doesn't make the sending off harsh. The fault there is too much leniency in the other decisions.

How that affected our performance and the mental aspect of our players we can never know. We'd started competitively and while they we getting joy behind our wing/full backs with the extra CB to ocver that may have negated it to some extent and we'd have grown in confidnece in the game while theirs may have waned. To say we wouldn't have won with 12 men is comparing apples and oranges.
Dreamer is correct
Whether you agree with the law or nor it is the law and whilst it is such then players should respect that
Its no good crying foul and saying it was hard its the law
I never understand players removing their shirts and then being surprised when they get booked
They are professionals and get paid accordingly do the job professionally

Hobo

We do but like a lot of players I don’t think the manager is capable at this level

To be honest you thought he wasnt up to it last year and were proved wrong.

It is a tough ask because our budget is limited by Championship standards. We do need several players to progress and it is a big ask.

We have to work woth what we have now until January. So may as well back what we have. Confidence is one of the biggest factors in football at any level. So lets not dedtroy people and hive them a chance.

Our set up Management and coaching is the best we have had for a very long time. Lets see what they can do.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's amazing the amount of bias we have as fans. Both Rose and Hamer were stonewall red cards by the letter of the law, and still both had people saying 'It wasn't a red', or 'harsh red'. Get the feeling someone jumps in two footed some fans would say 'He only had eyes for the ball'

Mucca Mad Boys

To be fair, you weren’t really fond of Robins in League 1 or 2 either. Two promotions later, I doubt there’s anything more he could do to win you over.

At least your consistent in your criticisms.

JulianDarbyFTW

I think the players will be capable at this level, but we have too many learning to play at it at the same time. Perhaps we'll improve as the season progresses, or perhaps we need a boost of experience in January. Far too early to write any first team regulars off IMHO.

shepardo01

Was generally good tonight, but was a bit slow to close down for Reading's first goal.
Miles off his man for the third. (The guy who scored the goal)
Some good stuff tonight but could also argue that he could have done better regarding a couple of the goals.

johnwillomagic

Much better tonight both Dabo & him though still look someway short of being 100% and it shows in both of their performances though both showing signs of getting better & fitter which is very very promising

Users who are viewing this thread