Michael Doyle (1 Viewer)

stupot07

in his first spell his wages would have cost us at least £8 million over that period - he was the poorer partner compared to Hughes

Mccallister as a player when he returned was excellent - he was poor in his first spell so his overall contribution was not great

Doyle wasn’t a championship player and that’s where he played mostly for us
No way was doyle on an average salary of over £20k per week. In 2006 for example the average championship salary was £3k pw.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Worth noting that Doyle's £80k pw came about because each time a club came in for him, instead of letting him go the club gave him a pay rise to get him to stay. So not only we valued him, so did those other clubs.

Central midfield was the least of our worries during those times.
Hang on…Michael Doyle was on £80k a week?!??

Grendel

No way was doyle on an average salary of over £20k per week. In 2006 for example the average championship salary was £3k pw.

He was on about £18 k

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t believe that all, may have been one of the highest paid players at the club but it wouldn’t have been 18k. That would make him our highest earner now!

Grendel

There was an article in the telegraph that referred to the clubs spiralling wage bill and that when Doyle signed his new contract he had a massive pay hike

I think the basic salary was something like £8 to £10 a week but there was big add ons for appearances and win bonuses and it quoted something like £16 or £18k a week when it was all added in

Brighton Sky Blue

There was an article in the telegraph that referred to the clubs spiralling wage bill and that when Doyle signed his new contract he had a massive pay hike

I think the basic salary was something like £8 to £10 a week but there was big add ons for appearances and win bonuses and it quoted something like £16 or £18k a week when it was all added in

So in other words he wasn’t on £18k every week?

Grendel

This says 8k, still pretty extortionate for what he was

The telegraph article at the time said there was a player - assumed to be Doyle - who was on a high basic plus extras which effectively was doubling his salary

our wage bill was very high - even in 2004 it was what £9 million?

Factor in wage growth at todays levels that’s a big wage bill

Grendel

Even on the basic no bonus salary it’s £13k a week now

SlowerThanPlatt

The telegraph article at the time said there was a player - assumed to be Doyle - who was on a high basic plus extras which effectively was doubling his salary

our wage bill was very high - even in 2004 it was what £9 million?

Factor in wage growth at todays levels that’s a big wage bill

I can’t say I recall that article but the grievance should be with the club for putting a deal like that on the table for what was at best an average Championship player

Legia Sky Blue

Even on the basic no bonus salary it’s £13k a week now

You are presuming the £8k a week salary was basic (it might have been £8k inclusive of bonuses for all we know) and that the Mirror article was accurate, which is a leap of faith in itself. Even so it doesn't add up to him being paid anywhere near £8m.

Grendel

You are presuming the £8k a week salary was basic (it might have been £8k inclusive of bonuses for all we know) and that the Mirror article was accurate, which is a leap of faith in itself. Even so it doesn't add up to him being paid anywhere near £8m.

im talking about the total wages over his career

also given he’s supposed to be some saintly figure didn’t he say when he went to Leeds it was a far better and bigger club than coventry And wanted to stay?

SlowerThanPlatt

im talking about the total wages over his career

also given he’s supposed to be some saintly figure didn’t he say when he went to Leeds it was a far better and bigger club than coventry And wanted to stay?

He did but they didn’t want him back

Legia Sky Blue

Did he, or are you just making that up? To be fair even if he did its hard to argue that Leeds are not a bigger club.

As for wages over his whole CCFC career - nowhere near £8m. It would be about half that, even if he had been paid £8k a week throughout his whole career with us (which he wasn't). A truer figure would probably be in the ballpark of £2m I would have thought.

better days

Anyway it'll be interesting to see how Doyle and Burchnall get on with FGR in L1
I'm not a fan of the owner but it is a fair achievement for a club of their size and location to get where there are

Tommo1993

Robins, and Doyle himself, rightly recognised that Doyle couldn’t match the progression of the club as a player. Robins also recognises that Doyle, in both spells, was a great servant to the club.

Grendel

Robins, and Doyle himself, rightly recognised that Doyle couldn’t match the progression of the club as a player. Robins also recognises that Doyle, in both spells, was a great servant to the club.

Doyle and Viveash had a fall out that’s why he left

Terry_dactyl

Doyle and Viveash had a fall out that’s why he left
Get the impression that sort of thing happens a lot with Doyle.
Sparked out Christian Burgess at halftime when he was at Pompey.
He offered something at league 2 level…never really too sure what he did when he was with us first time around.

If I remember rightly he criticised players who try and ingratiate themselves to the fans. Not sure how he’d get on with our current team!

Grendel

Get the impression that sort of thing happens a lot with Doyle.
Sparked out Christian Burgess at halftime when he was at Pompey.
He offered something at league 2 level…never really too sure what he did when he was with us first time around.

If I remember rightly he criticised players who try and ingratiate themselves to the fans. Not sure how he’d get on with our current team!

At least Mr Hardcase didn’t have his teeth knocked out this time

Sick Boy

I seem to remember he was on around £8-10K after the interest from Birmingham.

Users who are viewing this thread