Michael Doyle (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Who cares

Grendel

Those who appreciate just what he did helping Sky Blues achieve promotion.

And ignore the fact he was shite in the championship when he was paid handsomely for not achieving

Grendel

While on the job topic, has Kenny Jackett got one yet?

No he was told to go on a training course and cried like a baby as it would take him an hour to get there

Grendel

Bit late for him. Probably on his 17th pint.

Doyle was the highest paid player in our squad when he was captain in the championship and he was poor - he was symbolic of our failure - so sorry if I don’t really care if he’s got a job at Forest Green - we’ve been a cash cow to him and he’s made more from us than we’ve benefitted from him

Hertsccfc

Doyle was the highest paid player in our squad when he was captain in the championship and he was poor - he was symbolic of our failure - so sorry if I don’t really care if he’s got a job at Forest Green - we’ve been a cash cow to him and he’s made more from us than we’ve benefitted from him
You seem to care a lot about this subject considering your first post said 'who cares'.

SlowerThanPlatt

Fair analysis but I still hope he does well as I do with all ex players barring complete wasters like Bright and Kastaneer

bawtryneal

Are you having your period this week !!

Grendel

Grendel, stop speaking out of your arse, you make good points often but you are in the wrong here Doyle is a club hero, captained us to promotion of which put us on the road back to where we are

And his incompetence and grossly inflated wages helped take us down there in the first place - sorry I’m not a fan

Grendel

Utter nonsense

in his first spell his wages would have cost us at least £8 million over that period - he was the poorer partner compared to Hughes

Mccallister as a player when he returned was excellent - he was poor in his first spell so his overall contribution was not great

Doyle wasn’t a championship player and that’s where he played mostly for us

Grendel

We wasted far more on those who contributed much less even in that era.

Kyle
Clingan
Coleman
McKenzie
Birchall

I could go on

We didn’t spend anything like the money on them - hardly my point anyway

Voice_of_Reason

According to Grendel, once a player reaches his prime and their abilities become less, they are rubbish and he doesn't care what they contributed when in their prime. Doyle is a legend, loves CCFC and always says we are his club.

Brighton Sky Blue

We didn’t spend anything like the money on them - hardly my point anyway

Well on another thread you’ve gone off heaping praise on Wayne Rooney for taking £4 million a year as he helped Derby do sod all except get relegated and put into admin.

Take Kyle as one example, £700k and was on silly money, binned off after 3 years, Eastwood likewise for £1.2m and binned off after 4. Signings like that put us in the crap, not a freebie from Celtic

Grendel

Well on another thread you’ve gone off heaping praise on Wayne Rooney for taking £4 million a year as he helped Derby do sod all except get relegated and put into admin.

Take Kyle as one example, £700k and was on silly money, binned off after 3 years, Eastwood likewise for £1.2m and binned off after 4. Signings like that put us in the crap, not a freebie from Celtic

He was top of the wage bill - it’s not relevant as no one seems to want to make some kind of legend status out of the likes of Kyle and Eastwood

NorthernWisdom

Worth noting that Doyle's £80k pw came about because each time a club came in for him, instead of letting him go the club gave him a pay rise to get him to stay. So not only we valued him, so did those other clubs.

Central midfield was the least of our worries during those times.

Sick Boy

It wasn’t that long ago that Doyle was described as the natural successor to Robins by quite a few on here based on nothing. 🤣🤣🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

He was top of the wage bill - it’s not relevant as no one seems to want to make some kind of legend status out of the likes of Kyle and Eastwood

And that would be because they cost hefty sums and contributed very little indeed. It’s just odd that you point the finger at him when he really wasn’t the main reason for our troubles. And unlike most of those characters came back and tried to put it right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Worth noting that Doyle's £80k pw came about because each time a club came in for him, instead of letting him go the club gave him a pay rise to get him to stay. So not only we valued him, so did those other clubs.

Central midfield was the least of our worries during those times.

I am willing to concede that 80 grand a week may have been a bit generous

Users who are viewing this thread