Message From Our Tony (not the mad one on here) (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
He might well have done, like I've said I don't believe he isn't informed, I just dispute your premise that someone could google for a couple of hours and be informed when actually they could very easily end up believing the sisu version, I also dispute the premise really that most of those managers other than Pressley would be informed themselves, Sisu didn't move into full on evil mode until Robins left (well they had started the plan of course), I also don't know weather A you would take the opinion of someone very recently fired into account when you could easily assume they would be bitter, or B whether managers are actually allowed to slag off their club to other managers after they have left if they have signed something, I think it opens them up to litigation.

I don't think people would be stupid enough to just read one or two articles and believe everything. They would have been on fans forums and twitter and all sorts doing a proper job to see whats going on.

It would be like reading 1 review on Amazon and skipping the bad ones.

fernandopartridge

You could easily spend all day researching our situation and come out with completely the wrong opinion. After all we are building a new stadium, we were forced to move to northampton, we are debt free, we have one of the top budgets in the league, we are in the best financial position we've been in for 7 years if all your information came from the media it would be easy to believe all that.

The fact he has only signed for 2 months though suggests to me he is informed and isn't convinced about what he's been told, but thats just speculation.

Wrong opinion?

Noggin

I don't think people would be stupid enough to just read one or two articles and believe everything. They would have been on fans forums and twitter and all sorts doing a proper job to see whats going on.

who said anything about 1 or two articles? I think if you googled for 2 hours you could easily read articles the entire time and believe alot of sisus viewpoint after all the telegraph prints the ccfc viewpoint as articles without comment all the time and most of the major newspaper articles have been sisu PR, the guardian excepted., I don't believe for a second that if a professional manager was to spend a couple of hours researching that it would include fans forums. They are cesspools, especially our ones and while this place does give the best information it would be an incredibly inefficient way to get it, you could spend months reading here if you wanted the full picture.

Nick

Administrator
who said anything about 1 or two articles? I think if you googled for 2 hours you could easily read articles the entire time and believe alot of sisus viewpoint after all the telegraph prints the ccfc viewpoint as articles without comment all the time and most of the major newspaper articles have been sisu PR, the guardian excepted., I don't believe for a second that if a professional manager was to spend a couple of hours researching that it would include fans forums. They are cesspools, especially our ones and while this place does give the best information it would be an incredibly inefficient way to get it, you could spend months reading here if you wanted the full picture.

So you dont think that potential managers or owners would read fan opinion and try to see whats going on before going in? New managers wouldnt just go in blind, whether it is Pressley, Mowbray or coleman. They (or their people) would research first.

torchomatic

Any sensible manager would, of course, but it doesn't sit comfortably with some obviously.

So you dont think that potential managers or owners would read fan opinion and try to see whats going on before going in? New managers wouldnt just go in blind, whether it is Pressley, Mowbray or coleman. They (or their people) would research first.

Noggin

Not sure why you've now added potential owners, thats a completely different discussion, but thats right I don't believe for a second that a potential manager or their agent spends days reading fans forums before deciding whether or not to take a job, especially since the owners don't spend enough on players would be the view of the vast majority of clubs fans.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why you've now added potential owners, thats a completely different discussion, but thats right I don't believe for a second that a potential manager or their agent spends days reading fans forums before deciding whether or not to take a job, especially since the owners don't spend enough on players would be the view of the vast majority of clubs fans.

Have I said days? I said they wouldnt go into a job blind, they would get the background on the club, the history and the situation. People on here make out they go in, listen to joy, believe everything she said and then give it the lied to stuff. Is he going to go in now and expect a Man City budget?

Not sure of the issue you are trying to make? Nobody goes into jobs blind without a bit of research do they? I can understand 50 years ago, but with the internet you can learn so much before committing to a job.

covcity4life

the same people who say that about TM/sisu are the same ones who jumped to praise the football league after debt to equity story came out

then they saw a better option later in the day and just called the story sisu lies.

so transparent.

Speedies_Chips

I can't believe any potential manager would take any notice of random comments made on a forum by random people. I know I am talking about our own little community, but what makes what we say valid and correct/factual? Why would someone read this forum and think "Those guys, whoever they are, obviously know what they are talking about, I won't go there then".

Nick

Administrator
I can't believe any potential manager would take any notice of random comments made on a forum by random people. I know I am talking about our own little community, but what makes what we say valid and correct/factual? Why would someone read this forum and think "Those guys, whoever they are, obviously know what they are talking about, I won't go there then".

I haven't said they would read the forum and not take the job, I am saying they would do some research into the club and their potential future. Of course they would. Nobody says it is fact, the same as Amazon reviews aren't but they are still useful.

We could just pretend Joy promised him the world and Lionel Messi and when he doesn't get it and if we dont play well we can just say his hands are tied and he was lied to by SISU even though he will pretty much know exactly what he is taking on?

If I was going to work at a company, I'd like to read reviews about said company, check the accounts, see who I would be working for, google my potential bosses, have a look on social media at them etc.

torchomatic

Agree, but neither would they just walk into an interview without any preparation and sign on the dotted line, then wonder why Fishface, Faggot and Joyless were chuckling and rubbing their hands together whilst a storm raged outside.

Noggin

Have I said days?

No you said with google and a couple of hours and I agree with you that is the amount of research they would be likely to do. My point is with that amount of research it would be very very easy indeed to come away with the sisu view of events rather than the truth. you would need to spend days reading here to get a good view of whats happened, you could easily spend 30 mins reading one thread and learn nothing whatsoever other than you hate Coventry city fans.

Not sure of the issue you are trying to make?

Thats because all you are interested in is winning an argument, rather than listening to what's being said.

You've taken someones post, taken their point and inferred many things from it that they didn't say, then jumped to a conclusion about a large number of people, criticised them based on that assumption and aren't willing to listen.

You are making all these points to disagree with me that don't disagree with me at all.

I don't know how informed Mowbray is but it's a perfectly reasonable position to believe that Mowbray could have done a normal amount of due diligence and research and not be properly informed since the most common places you would go to get an informed opinion have for the most part been uninformed themselves or pr pieces. As I said right at the start the fact that he has only taken a 2 month contract suggests to me that he is informed.

Noggin

Agree, but neither would they just walk into an interview without any preparation and sign on the dotted line, then wonder why Fishface, Faggot and Joyless were chuckling and rubbing their hands together whilst a storm raged outside.

but no one has said that, that is my point, someone has said they don't think mowbray is fully informed (which is a reasonable position) nick has taken that and suggested people think that mowbary is thick and that he hasn't done any reason, my point was that believing mowbary isn't fully informed does not mean you need to think that he is thick, nore that he did no research.

Nick

Administrator
but no one has said that, that is my point, someone has said they don't think mowbray is fully informed (which is a reasonable position) nick has taken that and suggested people think that mowbary is thick and that he hasn't done any reason, my point was that believing mowbary isn't fully informed does not mean you need to think that he is thick, nore that he did no research.

I don't just mean him, I mean managers in the past also (including Pressley). I agree, I don't think they are thick. I think they are fully aware of what they are getting into, the restraints, the budgets etc.

The way people bang on about hands being tied, false promises etc.

Noggin

I don't just mean him, I mean managers in the past also (including Pressley). I agree, I don't think they are thick. I think they are fully aware of what they are getting into, the restraints, the budgets etc.

It's a perfectly reasonable position to believe they are fully informed and it's perfectly reasonable position to believe they are not fully informed, what isn't a reasonable position is believing that because some people think they aren't fully informed that automatically means they are assuming that the manager hasn't taken common sense precautions, because they could easily have taken these precautions and still not end up informed, it could go either way. But anyway this discussion has gone on way longer than it deserves, enjoy your weekend.

torchomatic

Well, some have inferred that.

shmmeee

Would say, Mowbray's own words on the situation: "I'm as aware as I've been made aware" and "I know the situation from afar (as I do most clubs)"

Take that how you will. Doesn't suggest a huge amount of research and would rely heavily on what sources you've been reading "from afar" IMO.

It's irrelevant anyway, both him and the club are on trial until the end of the season, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Users who are viewing this thread