Message From Our Tony (not the mad one on here) (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The short term / long term argument is impossible to prove one way or the other from the information we have. It could be SISU only offered a short term contract, equally it could be that Mowbray didn't want anything longer. My hope is they have an agreement to extend should both sides be happy, the worse case scenario is he comes in and does well but there is nothing in place to keep him here so he goes off to another club.

torchomatic

Covcraig@bury

If he wrote this I would be very surprised !!! I hope I am wrong.... All unemployed managers that want a job will say the right things just to get employment .
So to me TM is a YES man until he proves otherwise . Only time will tell !! PUSB..

torchomatic

Mowbray doesn't seem the kind of man to just sign any old statement put in front of him. He spoke to the press passionately about the job on Tuesday, so why would he not be equally passionate in a message to fans. Makes no sense. I would imagine he would be pretty insulted by the suggestion

If he wrote this I would be very surprised !!! I hope I am wrong.... All unemployed managers that want a job will say the right things just to get employment .
So to me TM is a YES man until he proves otherwise . Only time will tell !! PUSB..

Covcraig@bury

Mowbray doesn't seem the kind of man to just sign any old statement put in front of him. He spoke to the press passionately about the job on Tuesday, so why would he not be equally passionate in a message to fans. Makes no sense. I would imagine he would be pretty insulted by the suggestion

TM said what he needed to to get the job. Everyone does it at interview . say the right things and the job is yours. He`s not in a position bark out demands at this stage.

BackRoomRummermill

Its a great way to start with TM Hopefully he will not keep City fans in the dark which will be a major bonus. He has set out his stall which by the very nature of its wide distribution gives me confidence that he will save us from the drop.I am fairly optimistic if he is successful this season , I hope he stays and carries on the good work. If he does not then I will be grateful that he kept us up and not hold it against him if he leaves.Its a challenge but I am sure he will be up for it, now over to the players here to raise their own game each and every one to get us out of this mess and its starts TODAY .............

skybluebeduff

Even someone like me, who's constantly negative, wouldn't think that already TM is a yes man.

What's he saying yes too that needs to be proven?

shmmeee

Dear Tony:

tumblr_mmqtidJyUK1r7jrt1o1_400.gif

Regards,
Shmmeee

torchomatic

One for Jack Griffin, etc:

image-5-for-parliamentary-elections-in-coventry-part-two-gallery-885704516.jpg

And that's a mike before you start dreaming, Jack.

Gint11

Strongly predicting TM will sort our team out once and for all. I have renewed hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveecov

Can't believe, when he came for his initial interview, he would ever have contemplated a 2 month deal.

Further meeting/s; he more than anyone here probably knows if there is something happening in the summer.

That's why the protracted talks led to the suck-it -and-see option was the only compromise.

Never say it's boring at CCFC. .....off the pitch anyway.

The Reverend Skyblue

I have fallen absolutely in love with TM, I just hope he can save us this season.

Just think if they could keep hold of him if we did go down, playing attractive expansive footie in league two would be a delight and for the first season in thirty odd years we would win more than we lose, and my god we may even get near promotion and a successful season.

just keep him come what may SISU.

covcity4life

I have fallen absolutely in love with TM, I just hope he can save us this season.

Just think if they could keep hold of him if we did go down, playing attractive expansive footie in league two would be a delight and for the first season in thirty odd years we would win more than we lose, and my god we may even get near promotion and a successful season.

just keep him come what may SISU.

i agree rev, will be gutted if we lose him

i am sure we will stay up,i think the only stumbling block is if sisu dont show him ambition

with recent goings on i think sisu will do alot more than usual to get fans back so hopefully everything will work out for mowbray and us

shmmeee

i agree rev, will be gutted if we lose him

i am sure we will stay up,i think the only stumbling block is if sisu dont show him ambition

with recent goings on i think sisu will do alot more than usual to get fans back so hopefully everything will work out for mowbray and us

Agreed. The only worry I have is also us not being able to meet TM's expectations in terms of budget next season. That said, if he needs more than we've got now (top 6 budget) he's not as good as I thought, and hopefully Sisu will at least give us the same funding next season if we're self sufficient this year.

Nick

Administrator
Why do people always think our managers are dumb and that SISU will have lied to every single manager, surely all any new potential manager would need to do is phone an ex manager and say "whats the score here, what happened" rather than walk into the SISU offices blindfolded without knowing anything?

It would only take a quick google and 2 hours reading.

torchomatic

I think, particularly in this case, fans are annoyed that someone like TM, who let's face it is a "name" could possibly come to CCFC and work for SISU. Somehow it doesn't compute; he must be being lied to.

You could see it with all the "he definitely never wrote that" comments. I genuinely think that for some the short term contract situation was something they could thankfully grab onto and moan about.

Why do people always think our managers are dumb and that SISU will have lied to every single manager, surely all any new potential manager would need to do is phone an ex manager and say "whats the score here, what happened" rather than walk into the SISU offices blindfolded without knowing anything?

Last edited:

ajsccfc

They're all either stupid or yes men. FACT. Mobray is, he said yes to a contract! Puppet. #hashtag

shmmeee

How many of us have taken a job even without the Googling. When my wife has a nightmare headteacher a few years ago I Googled her and came across all kinds of horror stories about her and the school, but we never looked at the time.

Also it's subjective opinion. I remember my first day at my favourite ever job, ended up there 6 years, I was told by three seperate people to get out and not come back as the place was a shithole.

I don't think Mowbray will have been lied to. I do worry that the issue of whether we can give him what he wants long term has been parked until the summer though.

shmmeee

I think, particularly in this case, fans are annoyed that someone like TM, who let's face it is a "name" could possibly come to CCFC and work for SISU. Somehow it doesn't compute; he must be being lied to.

You could see it with all the "he definitely never wrote that" comments. I genuinely think that for some the short term contract situation was something they could thankfully grab onto and moan about.

Mate, if after supporting CCFC for any number of years you've still got optimism and hope left, you're a better man than most. Like the debt to equity story, we're used to good things not lasting and guard against it. Like those women who swear off men after a bad breakup, it'll take time for us to trust again.

torchomatic

No, I get that. I really do. However, I don't the the conspiracy stuff like "that was written for him to sign", etc. I mean, do people REALLY believe that?

Mate, if after supporting CCFC for any number of years you've still got optimism and hope left, you're a better man than most. Like the debt to equity story, we're used to good things not lasting and guard against it. Like those women who swear off men after a bad breakup, it'll take time for us to trust again.

Nick

Administrator
How many of us have taken a job even without the Googling. When my wife has a nightmare headteacher a few years ago I Googled her and came across all kinds of horror stories about her and the school, but we never looked at the time.

Also it's subjective opinion. I remember my first day at my favourite ever job, ended up there 6 years, I was told by three seperate people to get out and not come back as the place was a shithole.

I don't think Mowbray will have been lied to. I do worry that the issue of whether we can give him what he wants long term has been parked until the summer though.

I always research a potential employer.

Being a football manager is surely a bit different. They will all know each other, they are in the footballing world so they will hear things, it is all over the papers and TV. No manager is going to come into this job blind without at least checking things first.

Noggin

You could easily spend all day researching our situation and come out with completely the wrong opinion. After all we are building a new stadium, we were forced to move to northampton, we are debt free, we have one of the top budgets in the league, we are in the best financial position we've been in for 7 years if all your information came from the media it would be easy to believe all that.

The fact he has only signed for 2 months though suggests to me he is informed and isn't convinced about what he's been told, but thats just speculation.

Nick

Administrator
You could easily spend all day researching our situation and come out with completely the wrong opinion. After all we are building a new stadium, we were forced to move to northampton, we are debt free, we have one of the top budgets in the league, we are in the best financial position we've been in for 7 years if all your information came from the media it would be easy to believe all that.

The fact he has only signed for 2 months though suggests to me he is informed and isn't convinced about what he's been told, but thats just speculation.

So he couldn't have given Pressley, Robins, Boothroyd, Coleman, Dowie or Thorn a call to see what's going on and their thoughts?

Noggin

No, I get that. I really do. However, I don't the the conspiracy stuff like "that was written for him to sign", etc. I mean, do people REALLY believe that?

Believing someone wrote his letter isn't conspiracy stuff (not that I'm saying I believe that) if we employ a pr company thats pretty much their job, he could say pretty much what he wants to say and a pr company writes it to make it more appealing and to increase fan excitement, I have no idea if thats what happened and honestly it makes no difference to me either way, I wouldn't have a problem with it to be honest.

Noggin

So he couldn't have given Pressley, Robins, Boothroyd, Coleman, Dowie or Thorn a call to see what's going on and their thoughts?

He might well have done, like I've said I don't believe he isn't informed, I just dispute your premise that someone could google for a couple of hours and be informed when actually they could very easily end up believing the sisu version, I also dispute the premise really that most of those managers other than Pressley would be informed themselves, Sisu didn't move into full on evil mode until Robins left (well they had started the plan of course), I also don't know weather A you would take the opinion of someone very recently fired into account when you could easily assume they would be bitter, or B whether managers are actually allowed to slag off their club to other managers after they have left if they have signed something, I think it opens them up to litigation.

Users who are viewing this thread