MESSAGE FROM MILLWALL (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Taking the knee as a gesture, existed before the Black Lives Matter group. As far as I’m concerned, taking the knee has evolved into a symbol of standing against racism and asking for equality. Isn’t there enough going on in the world at the moment? If players taking the knee riles you that much, I suggest you think twice before every calling anyone a snowflake or soft again, soft arse.
If you’re looking for bald, middle aged men, wearing Aquascutum shirts and JD issue Gazelles to join you in booing the knee, they’re you’re on the wrong forum and don’t know anything about the City of Coventry.

Finally made it back from your exile then?

chiefdave

Just curious. If a player didn't take a knee, would some of you call them racist?
Not at all. My biggest concern would be on dressing room harmony as our players have previously mentioned that it was a team decision. If the team were all taking the knee, and one player decided not to, how are the other players going to react?

Jesse Carver

Apologies for gatecrashing your forum, but we feel this current state of affairs affects all ordinary supporters. So we are hoping to gain support from the football Family through this letter that me and another chap have put together between us.
I put the idea to our lot on the forum site I go on, and it was generally well received, any other time I wouldn’t have even suggested it. But given the circumstances outside influences have dragged us into, we feel that one voice is better than no voice.
If a few of you can get this out to other forums it’ll be a start. Doing nothing just encourages the extremists. KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Thanks in anticipation.

OPEN LETTER FROM MILLWALL

By now everyone knows Millwall supporters boo'ed players kneeling last Saturday against Derby.
Whether you agree with that or not, please take a few minutes to read this as an explanation as to why we boo'ed.
At Millwall, the majority of supporters do not support the BLM group. We see the BLM group, as a far left Marxist Polictical group. Players kneeling and clenched fists are seen by us as a gesture of support to BLM and not in any way a sign of support against discrimination.
We fully support Millwall FC in their support of Kick It Out campaign. We are against discrimination.
The Media have totally mis-represented us and don't get us. Millwall supporters haven't been given the chance to put their side. If you agree with our stance please be pro active in showing how you feel at games, be creative in the way you do this and stay one jump ahead, to save a potential ban, or email your clubs owners and CEOs To complain.
Lastly please share this with friends.

Millwall gonna Millwall

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not at all. My biggest concern would be on dressing room harmony as our players have previously mentioned that it was a team decision. If the team were all taking the knee, and one player decided not to, how are the other players going to react?

Yes, I thought that too.

Clearly when our players are doing it, they are doing it out of solidarity for their team mates.

I would imagine there would be an absolute shit storm if someone did a James McClean though. It was bad enough after that match on sky nearer the beginning of the season. QPR I think.

D

Deleted member 11652

Yes, I thought that too.

Clearly when our players are doing it, they are doing it out of solidarity for their team mates.

I would imagine there would be an absolute shit storm if someone did a James McClean though. It was bad enough after that match on sky nearer the beginning of the season. QPR I think.

At this point I feel like the players just going through the motions doing it. The message has certainly been lost in the sense that they aren’t thinking about why they are taking the knee when they are doing it. That’s shown by how many times the players forget and kick off or run when the whistle is blown

Sick Boy

At this point I feel like the players just going through the motions doing it. The message has certainly been lost in the sense that they aren’t thinking about why they are taking the knee when they are doing it. That’s shown by how many times the players forget and kick off or run when the whistle is blown
Bollocks.

David O'Day

What is doing a "James McClean"? If it is to do with poppies than he has explained that more than he ever should of had to and also why doesn't anyone ever give Matic the same grief for doing the same.

Tommo1993

That’s enough internet today.
giphy.gif

Jamesimus

It's become that much of an empty gesture that loads of people aren't still shitting themselves about it... ...

D

Deleted member 11652

It’d be great to see you come out with your crap to the likes of Dabo who has raised his fist several times this season.

Ah nice answer to the question. Clearly matters to Dabo and to be clear I wasn’t referring to all players in my comment but some

Covkid1968#

Be really interesting to see the reactions on other forums..... assuming it’s genuine. He should have done his homework on Cov.... multicultural City famous for giving the world our take on Jamaican Ska was always a clue that his views and seemingly views of their fan base wouldn’t be welcomed.... and that should make us all feel... well...just normal really!!

ajsccfc

The Millwall guy's mention of a football family sounds right, I mean we've all got one of those uncles we've had to unfollow on Facebook

Last edited:

David O'Day

This is going well for the fans of the well known racist club from London.

Why did you think that in Coventry City a club from a proudly multicultural city who's biggest cultural output celebrated inclusivity and who's team proudly wore and anti racist themed kit last season you would find many friends?

Brighton Sky Blue

This is going well for the fans of the well known racist club from London.

Why did you think that in Coventry City a club from a proudly multicultural city who's biggest cultural output celebrated inclusivity and who's team proudly wore and anti racist themed kit last season you would find many friends?

He’d heard of the Coventrian

Evo1883

Got to be. Nobody could be that cluelessly inept IRL, surely.

Although GMK's westterrace2 turned out to be a real person...

Unless it's on other fans forums its a wind up..

Quick search through Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea forums suggests this is a city fan on the wind up

Covstu

Apologies for gatecrashing your forum, but we feel this current state of affairs affects all ordinary supporters. So we are hoping to gain support from the football Family through this letter that me and another chap have put together between us.
I put the idea to our lot on the forum site I go on, and it was generally well received, any other time I wouldn’t have even suggested it. But given the circumstances outside influences have dragged us into, we feel that one voice is better than no voice.
If a few of you can get this out to other forums it’ll be a start. Doing nothing just encourages the extremists. KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Thanks in anticipation.

OPEN LETTER FROM MILLWALL

By now everyone knows Millwall supporters boo'ed players kneeling last Saturday against Derby.
Whether you agree with that or not, please take a few minutes to read this as an explanation as to why we boo'ed.
At Millwall, the majority of supporters do not support the BLM group. We see the BLM group, as a far left Marxist Polictical group. Players kneeling and clenched fists are seen by us as a gesture of support to BLM and not in any way a sign of support against discrimination.
We fully support Millwall FC in their support of Kick It Out campaign. We are against discrimination.
The Media have totally mis-represented us and don't get us. Millwall supporters haven't been given the chance to put their side. If you agree with our stance please be pro active in showing how you feel at games, be creative in the way you do this and stay one jump ahead, to save a potential ban, or email your clubs owners and CEOs To complain.
Lastly please share this with friends.
Clearly looking for a reaction given it’s near 2 weeks after the event and written by a 6 year old

Users who are viewing this thread