Meeting with new backroom staff (3 Viewers)

Noggin

If Mowbray didn't think he could be successful on the budget given to him he wouldn't sign, he said as much the other day. Our budget was good enough to have a play off push last season, our problem was it was grossly mismanaged by Pressley and Waggot.

I hope he can be, but if you have the 8th place budget, are needing to sign nearly an entire team for free and you currently have no scouting information and are just going to put the correct systems into place then you are much more likely to have a consolidation season than a promotion one. Thats more reason to be cheerful than last season sure but it's hardly a reason to be cheerful.

chiefdave

I hope he can be, but if you have the 8th place budget, are needing to sign nearly an entire team for free and you currently have no scouting information and are just going to put the correct systems into place then you are much more likely to have a consolidation season than a promotion one. Thats more reason to be cheerful than last season sure but it's hardly a reason to be cheerful.

Equally you could say what is the point spending loads on new players when we have no scouting information and might end up with a load of crap!

kg82

Likelihood is he's been telling potential scouts to be keeping an eye out anyway in the event he signs, and would have his own players in mind.

Astute

It is a lot better to be signing lots of players and keeping them within budget than taking over a full squad that SP put together.

Noggin

It is a lot better to be signing lots of players and keeping them within budget than taking over a full squad that SP put together.

I agree, people should temper there expectations though, if you are starting nearly from scratch, have the 8th best budget, need to put the systems in place then for the first season just finishing 8th is a good result, hopefully then you can push on the season after that.

Chipfat

This is better news than the SW statement yesterday.. Lets hope the owners see the value and let TM have complete control of what he wants.. If Sisu screw this up no god knows where this club will end up..

Manchester_sky_blue

I agree, people should temper there expectations though, if you are starting nearly from scratch, have the 8th best budget, need to put the systems in place then for the first season just finishing 8th is a good result, hopefully then you can push on the season after that.

I'd be quite happy with a top half finish for starters

SkyBlue_Bear83

Your probably right, its going to take a good 12 months probably before we really start seeing the benefits of changes Mowbray wants to make (assuming he stays and is allowed to make then)

I have much more faith in Mowbray though, his network of contacts and knowledge of the english leagues should see us through in the beginning period when the scouting network is still in its early days/working progress.

Sick Boy

This sounds very promising. Fair play to the club in they can bring in TM long-term, he would be an excellent appointment.

It will be ten years since a top half finish (the glory days of 2005-06! :whistle:) so that would be a start! I'm sure TM would be aiming for promotion but I guess most of us would settle for consolidation/top 8 or 10!

Users who are viewing this thread