Meeting with new backroom staff (1 Viewer)

ptr

Great news, maybe TM is the man to make SISU realise the error of their ways. Are they finally listening?

Manchester_sky_blue

Great news, maybe TM is the man to make SISU realise the error of their ways. Are they finally listening?

I genuinely believed for ages that we were just some kind of massive tax dodge and they didnt care what we did on the pitch. But now im not so sure, the appointment of Mowbray, seemingly at least considering the demands hes putting on them as part of the deal. Has the penny dropped that with a modest investment and the right people they could actually make some money out of us rather than constantly trying to stem the losses.

chiefdave

McFarlane will be hoping Pressley gets a new job soon as I can't see him being here much longer if Mowbray is bringing his own people in.

Astute

It looks good. But I hope they don't want much pay. It sounds like their wages will come from the players budget. But there again if they bring in a player or two that are good for free they will have paid for themselves.

Noggin

The fact he isn't asking for any investment at all just the ability to direct the money himself makes me alot more confident he will stay,

SkyBlue_Bear83

[Sarcasm]Why wasn't this all wrapped up within the fist 10 minutes of discussions? Clearly there is a problem somewhere.

[/sarcasm]

skybluebeduff

Tony Mowbray will sign for us, or he would of left by now.

Can't wait, next few days should be promising for us all.... I sincerely hope.

Astute

I have just been stupid. Emptied my betting accounts a few weeks ago as I don't like betting the last couple of weeks. But just put a couple of hundred back in. Going to put it all on slowly on us next season to win/come top 3. Each tenner e/w pays £220 if we win. Or £50 for 2nd or 3rd.

Can't wait for next season already :D

Nick

Administrator
Does sound promising how they are listening and seem to be actually going through with it. If we do get TM it makes all of those short term contracts handed out last season a blessing so he can start again without having to try and sell Danny Pugh!

Noggin

It's not as exciting as it would have been though, I think most of thought for Mowbury to stay he was going to need to be backed financially and that hasn't turned out to be the case, had he stayed then it meant sisu had backed him financially and we'd have had a real shot of things changing, if he has less budget than last year while hopefully he can deploy it much more effectively and hopefully have a much better attitude in the dressing room promotion is going to be harder to come by.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I have just been stupid. Emptied my betting accounts a few weeks ago as I don't like betting the last couple of weeks. But just put a couple of hundred back in. Going to put it all on slowly on us next season to win/come top 3. Each tenner e/w pays £220 if we win. Or £50 for 2nd or 3rd.

I've got some magic beans if you want to buy them Astute.....;)

Hobo

It does sound promising. But we don't want things to drag on too long, there is so much to do this summer. If we do get TM I think there will be one or two suprises in who he keeps and who he lets go. I don't think he will be as drastic as some think with cutting back the squad....then again it depends on who becomes available.

ccfcway

It does sound promising. But we don't want things to drag on too long, there is so much to do this summer. If we do get TM I think there will be one or two suprises in who he keeps and who he lets go. I don't think he will be as drastic as some think with cutting back the squad....then again it depends on who becomes available.

how drastic can he be, we have 11 under contract. I would be surprised if he lets any of that lot go (apart from Swanson)

ajsccfc

JS28263708.jpg

The icy death stare of a stone cold killer.

chiefdave

It's not as exciting as it would have been though, I think most of thought for Mowbury to stay he was going to need to be backed financially and that hasn't turned out to be the case, had he stayed then it meant sisu had backed him financially and we'd have had a real shot of things changing, if he has less budget than last year while hopefully he can deploy it much more effectively and hopefully have a much better attitude in the dressing room promotion is going to be harder to come by.

Or maybe Mowbray thinks the budget he has been offered is enough to do the job with? We are told last season was a top 8 budget, if we have the same again then we should be at least pushing for a play off spot.

Noggin

Or maybe Mowbray thinks the budget he has been offered is enough to do the job with? We are told last season was a top 8 budget, if we have the same again then we should be at least pushing for a play off spot.

Sure but hopefully pushing for a play off spot still isn't really what we should be going for is it? and that is alot less exciting that if he had stayed and been backed financially.

It's still great news if he stays and terrible news if he doesn't. It's just not the amazing news we thought it would be when we (or at least I) thought him staying would mean a change from attempting to do everything as cheaply as is humanly possible at the expense of quality. If our budget is 8th then we are still alot more likely to stay where we are than go up.

LJC_CCFC

Always felt that it doesn't take that much investment (Be that transfer budget or wage budget) to at least get into the play-offs. Swindon and Chesterfield are testament to this, even Preston and MK haven't spent much on transfer fees. A few shrewd loans and frees, potentially one player brought in for a fee is the basis to work off. The financial 'gamble' isn't all that big, considering the rewards that come with Championship football.

simonregis

Pity your brain doesn't match your name m8 :sarcasm:

simonregis

Always felt that it doesn't take that much investment (Be that transfer budget or wage budget) to at least get into the play-offs. Swindon and Chesterfield are testament to this, even Preston and MK haven't spent much on transfer fees. A few shrewd loans and frees, potentially one player brought in for a fee is the basis to work off. The financial 'gamble' isn't all that big, considering the rewards that come with Championship football.

Very true. I think this is where having a good scouting system comes into it. If you have a good manager who has a respected name in football, and he brings in premier or championship youngsters who their club has let go then you should be able to pick up a handful of potentially 'decent' players. Couple that with having a productive academy and a few old, wise heads that don't have the skills or speed anymore but can teach the rest how to look after themselves, then you have a winning formula, MAYBE.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Mowbray didn't think he could be successful on the budget given to him he wouldn't sign, he said as much the other day. Our budget was good enough to have a play off push last season, our problem was it was grossly mismanaged by Pressley and Waggot.

Users who are viewing this thread