Meeting planned for Wednesday!! (1 Viewer)

Badger

I am worried that the petition has been timed to coincide with this meeting and there is no news yet. Is it just me or does it look like they might be preparing to say that it is the bad owners who made any agreement fail, even if the terms offered for continued use are deliberately unacceptable.

ccfc92

Maybe they are having a media black out and actually sorting out a deal or whatever the meeting was for, and no body will announce anything until the meeting/deal is concluded, like how things should be done.

Or maybe not :)

skybluebeduff

Surely Wasps would come out and say talks broken down yesterday if that was the case? They have nothing to lose on this anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe they are having a media black out and actually sorting out a deal or whatever the meeting was for, and no body will announce anything until the meeting/deal is concluded, like how things should be done.

Or maybe not :)

I hope that's the case, but this is CCFC....

Captain Dart

I agree but he has accepted a directorship so in a way put himself on offer as a director he can be held accountable as high as court, i hope he isn't being used as a buffer.

Maybe he is the patsy ready for when admin comes along.

georgehudson

more than £6m profit from the academy &,
as per CA all of this would be re-invested into the footballing side of the club,
are we able to see details of how this has been spent ?

chiefdave

That's a bit simplistic, as it ignores the cost of paying academy graduates once they sign professional contracts. Some of the players who have come through have probably made a net loss (Clarke, C Thomas)
Of course the flip side to that if we didn't have them we'd need to bring players in from outside who would also need paying and we'd have agent and possibly transfer fees to pay as well.

Calista

“Positive and constructive” talks about the Academy, and (unless I’ve missed something) barely a response from anyone on here - not juicy enough material to argue about all day and night?

I do realise it’s probably just another false dawn or somebody playing games, but there’s hope in the statement.

I’d like to see SISU gone. I judge them by their actions, which over the years have almost always been embarrassingly inept and disastrous. But in this case, when it seems they’ve actually turned up, sat around a table with somebody and had sensible discussions - it’s to be encouraged, surely?

chiefdave

“Positive and constructive” talks about the Academy, and (unless I’ve missed something) barely a response from anyone on here - not juicy enough material to argue about all day and night?
Not really a lot you can say to that. Obviously its better than if they'd come out declaring it a disaster but really it could mean anything. Until we get some details there's not really a lot to discuss.

dongonzalos

That's a bit simplistic, as it ignores the cost of paying academy graduates once they sign professional contracts. Some of the players who have come through have probably made a net loss (Clarke, C Thomas)

Although we would have got a lot of games out of those two without paying a transfer fee or any agent finders fees. Also when they first broke through their wages would relatively cheaper than others.
Hard to quantify that but hopefully it negates the costs of developing them.

Wheelfass

What ever the outcome of the talks the most encouraging part is that there has actually been some.
I doubt very much if this is a new dawn, however, it is a small step in the right direction. Why do I still have feelings of doubt and suspicion though............oh yeh, SISU!!

olderskyblue

fernandopartridge

Although we would have got a lot of games out of those two without paying a transfer fee or any agent finders fees. Also when they first broke through their wages would relatively cheaper than others.
Hard to quantify that but hopefully it negates the costs of developing them.

But then, like osb58 pointed out the other week, where did the players actually appreciate in value? Was it a result of academy investment or a result of playing in the first team? It's simplistic to say that the academy earned the club £10m, likewise the costs attributed to it are also over simplistic.

That said, it will hopefully be retained in some form. You never know, if it ends up operating over 2 sites it might even be of benefit, as in being able to attract players from other parts of the region.

Bruce the Boot

Well no more Media action , or PR from the relative parties , So I guess there is nothing to report . I think with the fragile situation and so much un rest amongst fans we are being treated by all with utter contempt . Come on Sisu own your gob and give your paying customers a statement .

Users who are viewing this thread