Meeting Place for Fans (1 Viewer)

I feel that the best idea would be to have a group ala the supporters trust, who liaise with the club. As wonderful as board representation would be it would unlikely be achieved with the current owners. I also feel that you would need to make sure someone is available at all matches to advertise the organisation. You would also need to charge an annual subscription so newsletters can be produced each month/week.

ashbyjan

Only one way to find out - but without a proper structure behind the discussions/requests/suggestions then no but if you have some degree of legitimacy then possibly. Never under estimate the strength of numbers but its numbers that are crucial, individuals will be ignored by any organisation but united together with common aims then maybe we can have a degree of influence.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's various Cov City Supporters' Clubs scattered over the place-what would you be suggesting to do? I'm not sure what the one on Freehold St actually does these days.

rob9872

A place where I can express my opinions about Coventry City with like-minded individuals - as far as I'm concerned SBT is my supporters group!

ELSIE EFSEY

when we were trying to get the save our city thing up and running we held the meetings at hen lane. There were some people who mentioned that a more central location would be of benefit rather than one out of town near the ricoh. So the question is where would you hold supporters meetings, forums etc that is more central for people to get to? Any suggestions welcomed. Ricoh itself? Hen lane? Roac club on foleshill rd? Where?

how about a phone box

ashbyjan

BSB - the one on Freehold St is a private drinking club that simply inherited the name when we left Highfield Rd. The only thing resembling a proper supporters club is the London one. Rob - there is no reason why you cannot do both - be on here and at a meeting. Whilst I am aware that people from the club do monitor the forums and pick up things but if we ever hope to have any say, however small, in the way things are done at our club we have to be properly organised and united.

Brighton Sky Blue

BSB - the one on Freehold St is a private drinking club that simply inherited the name when we left Highfield Rd. The only thing resembling a proper supporters club is the London one. Rob - there is no reason why you cannot do both - be on here and at a meeting. Whilst I am aware that people from the club do monitor the forums and pick up things but if we ever hope to have any say, however small, in the way things are done at our club we have to be properly organised and united.

That's the impression I got whenever I was in there for the refs' training courses some years back. I think a body along the lines of what you're suggesting needs to be very clear from the outset on what its aims are, and that it should stick to these aims in the long term. In other words, a 'This is what we want to be, this is the way we want to do it' sort of statement, and build up from there. Of course setting up and running such a thing is hideously more complicated from that, but it gives people a sound basis from where to start.
You guys got Coventry City more into the national and local spotlight than it has been for years, and did it mainly off your own backs-so the potential is clearly there. Good luck.

lordsummerisle

What a fucking petty, childish post.
At least Jan tried to do something to get the vermin out of the club. I would ask the lordship, what the fuck he has done to get SISU out,!!!
People who sit behind there computers making spiteful remarks about someone who TRIED to make a diference, make me sick and ashamed to be a skyblue fan.
I have'nt done fuck all yet about the SISU out campaign, but i would never lambast someone whi tried.

The Rev

Ashbyjan got removed from the Save Our City committee because of the tunnel vision of the Anti-Sisu idiots.

More a point about how starting something that would like to have meaningful dialogue with the club would be overtaken by the ranters.

I never wanted Sisu, or trusted them or Ranson, JE or indeed Hoffman.

Maybe I should paint a bed-sheet?

Users who are viewing this thread