Meet CCFC Supremo Chris Anderson On Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Agree to some extent but we DO have a shirt sponsor and we had one last season too. And the aggressive behaviour was down to the owners, not the club.

Also, promotion would change a lot. I don't think companies would be so concerned around our perceived "tarnished image".

I was talking about the season where the season where Grace Academy were sponsors, the initial deal was 3 months, it ended up the entire season because no one else would sponsor the shirts. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-announce-new-shirt-6065095 The situation did improve but a local estate agent is hardly a top notch sponsor is it! You can't claim the owners are different from the club, the decision to move must have been approved by the directors of the club.

stupot07

I was talking about the season where the season where Grace Academy were sponsors, the initial deal was 3 months, it ended up the entire season because no one else would sponsor the shirts. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-announce-new-shirt-6065095 The situation did improve but a local estate agent is hardly a top notch sponsor is it! You can't claim the owners are different from the club, the decision to move must have been approved by the directors of the club.

That was the 13/14 season when we were at Sixfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fernandopartridge

Yes it was, but it's a new man in charge now. Like he's said, what's done is done. This is the now. The club is trying to rebuild its reputation, it's only talked down by so-called fans rather than the population at large.

Captain Dart

Yes it was, but it's a new man in charge now. Like he's said, what's done is done. This is the now. The club is trying to rebuild its reputation, it's only talked down by so-called fans rather than the population at large.

I mentioned it as as Mr Anderson will be sure to read these pages, its all part of his education on recent history, I doubt Mr Fisher tells it like that. :whistle:

torchomatic

Yes, I know what you were talking about. Mr Anderson said that they were having problems NOW. You mentioned Cov BS, which is fair comment, but then you mentioned the shirt sponsors, but as he was talking about NOW, it had no relevance as we have a shirt sponsor NOW. You're like the Tory party when they still blame Labour for stuff that happened seven years ago.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He also mentioned that only Milwall get a better percentage/return then US from ticket sales, and that we would not be able to compete with the likes of Middlesbrough in the championship but we would not be anywhere near the bottom ether.
Spoke really well and answered questions as he saw them, said he knew the answers weren't what some of us wanted to hear but hey at least he sounded sincere.

Only time will tell....
PUSB

What does that bit actually mean?

italiahorse

Yes, I know what you were talking about. Mr Anderson said that they were having problems NOW. You mentioned Cov BS, which is fair comment, but then you mentioned the shirt sponsors, but as he was talking about NOW, it had no relevance as we have a shirt sponsor NOW. You're like the Tory party when they still blame Labour for stuff that happened seven years ago.

Except Sisu are still in charge and are still taking court action that drags this club down in a lot of important peoples eyes.

Captain Dart

Well you're always cracking on about how everything was Richardson's, Robinson's and McGinnity's fault you hypocrite.

torchomatic

Too right. That's where all this started.

Well you're always cracking on about how everything was Richardson's, Robinson's and McGinnity's fault you hypocrite.

Chipfat

Maddison deal was driven by fear in my opinion and that should never be the reason why you cash in on the best talent you have. The club should of controlled this deal way better than they did the timing was terrible, they decided to cash in weeks before deadline so to leave them no time to reinvest shows me more than any amount of why's that Mr Anderson has given.

He has said we needed to sell, he has said we are a club that is struggling so i do tip my hat to him on his honesty i just think the statements after were and are very misleading. How can you build a foundation when selling your best players, if you sell Maddison and bring in 7 loans that is not building a long term plan, that is selling your long term plan to feed a short term aim. And this is why the deal is not and will not be a good deal for the club, i suspect selling him now shows more about the current state of the club than anything.

Wilson sold for 2 mill, 5 loans come in none were any good and now that player could be worth millions, so what foundations have been build on his departure, nothing just 2 years on selling another talent in hope of finding the next one coming out the U18's. This is a wheel of Bullshit we as fans have been on for some time now and Mr Anderson needs to know that the pattern of how this club is being ran is very evident. He needs time and needs to show us as a stronger club on and off the field, we are showing no ambition long term, no desire to build and very little in the way of improvement off the filed. So Mr Anderson over to you, being as you look at this site, good luck as i think you will need it convincing the masses that we are in good hands.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Wheel of Bullshit? I like it.

Nick

Administrator
I still like the people who have never even seen Maddison play (mainly on the CET) but are outraged.

fernandopartridge

Maddison deal was driven by fear in my opinion and that should never be the reason why you cash in on the best talent you have. The club should of controlled this deal way better than they did the timing was terrible, they decided to cash in weeks before deadline so to leave them no time to reinvest shows me more than any amount of why's that Mr Anderson has given.

He has said we needed to sell, he has said we are a club that is struggling so i do tip my hat to him on his honesty i just think the statements after were and are very misleading. How can you build a foundation when selling your best players, if you sell Maddison and bring in 7 loans that is not building a long term plan, that is selling your long term plan to feed a short term aim. And this is why the deal is not and will not be a good deal for the club, i suspect selling him now shows more about the current state of the club than anything.

Wilson sold for 2 mill, 5 loans come in none were any good and now that player could be worth millions, so what foundations have been build on his departure, nothing just 2 years on selling another talent in hope of finding the next one coming out the U18's. This is a wheel of Bullshit we as fans have been on for some time now and Mr Anderson needs to know that the pattern of how this club is being ran is very evident. He needs time and needs to show us as a stronger club on and off the field, we are showing no ambition long term, no desire to build and very little in the way of improvement off the filed. So Mr Anderson over to you, being as you look at this site, good luck as i think you will need it convincing the masses that we are in good hands.

The club doesn't make much money so has to rely on producing and selling on young players to survive, just like the majority of clubs at our level. What's so difficult to understand.

vincy

What does that bit actually mean?

I think this was in relation to that amount of revenue the clubs make on ticket sales ONLY in the division.

In League 1, we bring in the most in the division on ticket sales only.
Millwall made the second most on ticket sales only in the division.

edit, Jan's already covered

idm1975

a wodge of cash for a player who has played around twenty games in L1 is good business. At the end of the day the club is more important than one player, so if that cash (plus reported add ons) can help push the club up the pyramid over the next few years then the sacrifice of one player is well worth it for me. And, of course, there's no guarantee he will be the new Dele Alli and take the Premiership by storm. Chances are we could be playing against him next season if things go well for us over the next few months.

Maddison is a great player obviously, but he blows hot and cold so although he has saved us a couple of times with goals, he's had more quiet games where he's not been involved.

Whilst I get the rabid "why did sell him" rants (as stated he's a good player), I think overall the sale was probably best for all concerned. We would have lost him in the summer anyway...or...as he does have a history of injury problems he may have been out of the team on the treatment table.

No complaints from me if we can invest the money in new players for the future and to hopefully help us stay in the Championship if we get there.
You have gurantee from the owners that the money received will be going back into the team? Coz Mr Mowbray hasn't! Its just shortsighted and, i think, a bad business decision.

chiefdave

The way to win people back is to be seen to be doing something. They don't have to be huge things. For example if over the summer we get a new ticketing system that works well then it will something they've promised and followed through on.

Problem to date is we regularly hear, we've made mistakes and its going to get better, only for a load more mistakes to be made.

wince

The club doesn't make much money so has to rely on producing and selling on young players to survive, just like the majority of clubs at our level. What's so difficult to understand
But Then you must get the maximum you can for the players

torchomatic

And you have a guarantee that it won't? Easier to believe it won't I guess. Good excuse for a rant.

You have gurantee from the owners that the money received will be going back into the team? Coz Mr Mowbray hasn't! Its just shortsighted and, i think, a bad business decision.

ashbyjan

And you have a guarantee that it won't? Easier to believe it won't I guess. Good excuse for a rant.

When CA was asked he stated quite categorically that none of the money would go outside the club to SISU or anyone else. However the club had bills to pay to stay operating not just on players but staff, rent etc - I recall he said he estimated that 60p in £ would be going back into playing squad.

DazzleTommyDazzle

When CA was asked he stated quite categorically that none of the money would go outside the club to SISU or anyone else. However the club had bills to pay to stay operating not just on players but staff, rent etc - I recall he said he estimated that 60p in £ would be going back into playing squad.

I'd be happy with that.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Thanks Jan, nice one. They've said that the club is now self-sustaining and unless you live in cloudcuckooland it is pretty obvious that not all money generated goes towards the playing squad.

There you go, IDM1975

Last edited:

Buster

The club doesn't make much money so has to rely on producing and selling on young players to survive, just like the majority of clubs at our level. What's so difficult to understand.

If we sell all our young acadamy players after theve been in the shop window for a season and dont recruit any any new players ( beside loan deals) , the future doesnt look very exiting unless we can strike lucky next year again and secure on loan a goal machine plus an ex england player.

rupert_bear

Chipfat it's a buyers market mate, a player wants to go and more importantly for career reasons wants to go to Norwich, they have dosh we don't a fact. Yesterday a report in the papers said the average wage in the Prem is £1.7 million a year, just over £30k a week, the championship average is £320k a year just over £6000 a week, division 1 lower again. How the hell are we going to stop a young player going from perhaps £2k a week to over £30k a week

dongonzalos

Really? You do surprise me.

Why?
If SISU stand in front of me and tell me things that make sense I stop asking questions.

I genuinely believe JM would sell for more in the summer if 12 premiership clubs are interested in him then he will.
However you can't argue with the fact if he gets a stonker of and injury between now and then, then he won't. It's a big decision for him to make as a chairman that kind of decision is the type that his job depends on.

Reading between the lines he also accepts the damage the Northampton a move did. He knows it was a bad call and one that won't be repeated.

He knows the next decision for Cov has to be a ten year one and not a short term one.

He is not spouting off that the Northampton move was s forced move.
He is not saying it is definitely a new stadium
He is not giving us false promises of dates
He is not slagging off the Ricoh.

He basically is not treating us like fools and is saying it as it is.

That approach if it carries on and his actions match his words will suit me down to the ground.

fernandopartridge

If we sell all our young acadamy players after theve been in the shop window for a season and dont recruit any any new players ( beside loan deals) , the future doesnt look very exiting unless we can strike lucky next year again and secure on loan a goal machine plus an ex england player.

What do we do then? Use all of the money on bringing lots of players in, or use it on getting better quality players, even on loan deals?

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is a reference to a comment CA made that as a percentage of the clubs income no club in League 1 relied on ticket sales more than us except for some reason Millwall, others had other off field sources.

Ok so that's actually bad, the way I read it in the other post made it sound like a positive

stupot07

Ok so that's actually bad, the way I read it in the other post made it sound like a positive

Yeah I made that mistake too on first read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Chipfat it's a buyers market mate, a player wants to go and more importantly for career reasons wants to go to Norwich, they have dosh we don't a fact. Yesterday a report in the papers said the average wage in the Prem is £1.7 million a year, just over £30k a week, the championship average is £320k a year just over £6000 a week, division 1 lower again. How the hell are we going to stop a young player going from perhaps £2k a week to over £30k a week

Keep him to his contract ?

chiefdave

Keep him to his contract ?

Great in theory but in the real world you'd just have a pissed off player who doesn't want to be here. This way we get him trying his hardest the rest of the season.

And who knows, if Norwich stay up we might get him back next year.

Users who are viewing this thread