Transfer Rumour McCallum..... (2 Viewers)

DannyThomas_1981

Not really. Hiwula has been hit or miss and is frozen out and unlikely to be retained. Biamou is not good enough at this level but was given a 3 year deal. Bakayoko was a stupid signing. Clarke Harris was given aware and now worth over a million. Chaplin was played in every position but forward.

Its shambolic

Biamou not good enough for this level? So you have not been impressed by his contribution since returning from injury and stepping up?

So easy for morons like you to hide behind a keyboard and make derogatory comments about our players - you have not played or coached the game at any level and you are absolutely clueless as to what it takes to be good enough at any level.

Grendel

Biamou not good enough for this level? So you have not been impressed by his contribution since returning from injury and stepping up?

So easy for morons like you to hide behind a keyboard and make derogatory comments about our players - you have not played or coached the game at any level and you are absolutely clueless as to what it takes to be good enough at any level.

Is everyone good at this level then?

Brighton Sky Blue

I've got no problem at all with his picking of strikers (Baka aside! And there's certainly an argument to suggest we panicked when it looked like the Chaplin deal would fall through, and moved on to plan E) since he got here - McGoldrick and Clarke first time around were pretty decent choices, too.

It's fair to say the system doesn't bring the best out of many of them, however. Of course it's the same system that produces clean sheets and good football, so maybe that's just the inevitable payoff, and we have to learn to deal with it?

If I were an aspiring footballer however, I'd jump at the chance to join us if I were a defender or midfielder, but I'd politely make my excuses if I was a centre forward.

The problem seems confined to the final third of the pitch combined with the tendency to concede some piss poor goals (which wouldn't matter if we were 2 or 3 up). We can break quickly and it's really nice to watch. But then someone shits the bed by not knowing what to do or by missing a gilt edged sitter. As stated so often it makes even less sense taking into account Robins' playing history

Sky Blue Pete

Westbrooke interview seemed to suggest that they are all expected to take a share of blame for the scoring. It is a problem not to be able to score more than one goal

TTG

Plenty - it’s called a dose of reality. Do me a favour and tell me which of the clubs in the top half of the league would swap him for their main striker and why?
He's not a main striker lol

Grendel

Grendel

Biamou and Godden

Biamou wouldn’t get a look in at any club in this league unless they are at the bottom and have no resources - he’s scored 7 league goals in his entire career

TTG

Biamou wouldn’t get a look in at any club in this league unless they are at the bottom and have no resources - he’s scored 7 league goals in his entire career
he isn't a goalscorer though

TTG

4 assists in his league career - still gets a good rating in the selfie stakes
just because you don't get assists doesn't mean you aren't a key player.

stevefloyd

I hope for the Sky Blues team he kicks on and proves us all wrong.He seems an honest player and his acl come at the wrong time to hamper his progress but i suppose he is still to an extent an unknown quantity, is he our answer .....I doubt it but happy to be proved wrong

SlowerThanPlatt

Would be silly to sell him in January. Our aim now has to playoffs/promotion.....and we could demand a hell of a lot more for Sam McCallum as a Championship club!

Unfortunately we don’t have that privilege nor does mostly every L1 club. We are playing in front of 5,000 fans and our manager has put it out there our model is to develop players and sell them to keep the club running

Adge

Unfortunately we don’t have that privilege nor does mostly every L1 club. We are playing in front of 5,000 fans and our manager has put it out there our model is to develop players and sell them to keep the club running
Not sure our manager would have put it out there-that is most likely his remit.

CCFCSteve

12 games 5 goals this season after coming back from a career threatening injury. Give the guy a break ! Think Godden and Biamou would cause teams all sorts of problems. Both work hard, good movement, good in the air. Goddens more of a natural finisher but Biamous record from second half of L2 season onwards isnt bad

Grendel

12 games 5 goals this season after coming back from a career threatening injury. Give the guy a break ! Think Godden and Biamou would cause teams all sorts of problems. Both work hard, good movement, good in the air. Goddens more of a natural finisher but Biamous record from second half of L2 season onwards isnt bad

3 goals are against an under 21 team?

AStonesThrow

If we're counting u23 goals, surely Ponticelli should be playing over Godden then. It's a completely different level of football. Its development not first team. He tries hard yes, but I'd bet that the Cov Sphinx strikers try hard too, doesnt mean they'd cut it in league one or above. I'd much rather have a striker who can score 20 bog standard goals a season without over exerting, than a nice guy who tries hard to get a handful of memorable goals

Grendel

If we're counting u23 goals, surely Ponticelli should be playing over Godden then. It's a completely different level of football. Its development not first team. He tries hard yes, but I'd bet that the Cov Sphinx strikers try hard too, doesnt mean they'd cut it in league one or above. I'd much rather have a striker who can score 20 bog standard goals a season without over exerting, than a nice guy who tries hard to get a handful of memorable goals

Spot on. Expect Danny Thomas to calm you a moron

Grendel

I think max may be on his way this window now Godden looks back up and running

I doubt it actually, I think they will try and get Hiwula out and are already trying to get Bakayoko off the books. I’d guess Biamou is a cheap option to retain as a back up

CCFCSteve

I meant football league trophy are first team goals

Grendel

I meant football league trophy are first team goals

But against non first team players. Ponticelli would have a higher goals per minute ratio than Mcnulty in the promotion season if you include those games

Users who are viewing this thread