Transfer Rumour McCallum..... (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

McCallum has done well to break into the side and I rate him. I thought he was poor yesterday but he is nowhere near ready for the championship or premier league. Other than money it would be pointless and potentially damaging to his game minutes and career.
Not sure I agree. His improvement has been exponential since joining us, and he came from a ridiculously low level. With better training facilities, more / better coaches, and the opportunity to be loaned out to get game time at this level anyway (or even the division above) surely he should take any move offered?

Gint11

Not sure I agree. His improvement has been exponential since joining us, and he came from a ridiculously low level. With better training facilities, more / better coaches, and the opportunity to be loaned out to get game time at this level anyway (or even the division above) surely he should take any move offered?

You’re potentially right. Only time will tell but I don’t think he’s ready. He’ll probably take a move like that because it would be hard to turn down but time will tell on whether it was right football wise

ccfcway

We need to learn from the Maddison mess. If, and it’s a big if, he does go, no need for him to come back, we have mason and brown as well. Invest elsewhere.

christonabike

I bumped into David Beckham many moons ago with er indoors on the corner of walking up from the family stand at Highfield rd to the west end.
I said sorry if only I knew to ask him.
He said I was a great bloke!

Sky Blue Harry H

I bumped into David Beckham many moons ago with er indoors on the corner of walking up from the family stand at Highfield rd to the west end.
I said sorry if only I knew to ask him.
He said I was a great bloke!

Do you want to give that another try mate?

TTG

We need to learn from the Maddison mess. If, and it’s a big if, he does go, no need for him to come back, we have mason and brown as well. Invest elsewhere.

So we just have mason then.

Great_Expectations

I think I’m missing something with McCallum. There’s no doubt he has potential and his improvement from last season is significant and impressive, but is he really that special to be linked with a Premier league move after half a season of regular first team games?

That isn’t a criticism of him; I rate him and I absolutely think he has potential to play higher than L1, but I wouldn’t put him in the Maddison or Bayliss (or even Armstrong) category, where it was evident almost immediately they were going places.

I’d be disappointed to see him go, as it’s always good to watch players improve and develop with us, but if he does then silver linings are Mason (who is on par at this point in time anyway) and the financial gain.

Blind-Faith

I personally think he is the left back version of Cyrus Christie , is destined to play higher up the pyramid , but not quite there yet. Cash in on him before he does his ACL!

SlowerThanPlatt

Liverpool will have £10m stuck down the back of the sofa. Need to rinse this one properly for a change.

90min isn’t a reliable source afaik. It’s basically a fan site. The same author posted 2 other ‘exclusive’ articles yesterday linking young players with bigger clubs. With the greatest of respect to him and the site, if there’s an exclusive about a big club I doubt it’s going to fall into their hands. The same happened with Bayliss and Maddison before they ended up at much lesser clubs

Everton Consider Duncan Ferguson Staying on as Manager for Remainder of the Season

This is what he’s posted today another ‘exclusive’ but a few hours later and Sky believe Ancelotti has the job..

Limey

90min isn’t a reliable source afaik. It’s basically a fan site. The same author posted 2 other ‘exclusive’ articles yesterday linking young players with bigger clubs. With the greatest of respect to him and the site, if there’s an exclusive about a big club I doubt it’s going to fall into their hands. The same happened with Bayliss and Maddison before they ended up at much lesser clubs

Everton Consider Duncan Ferguson Staying on as Manager for Remainder of the Season

This is what he’s posted today another ‘exclusive’ but a few hours later and Sky believe Ancelotti has the job..

No smoke without fire and all that. Seems a random player connection for them.

Either way, a marauding, althletic full back goes for £50m these days. If they think he has a 1 in 5 chance of making it then £10m is your price.

TTG

Nope...Brown's only on loan at wherever he is until next month so he will be back soon
No but he's so bad he may as well not exist

fernandopartridge

Despite this the morons at the CT are reporting that the speculation persists, as if they play no role in it

NorthernWisdom

You’re potentially right. Only time will tell but I don’t think he’s ready. He’ll probably take a move like that because it would be hard to turn down but time will tell on whether it was right football wise

You see, even the 'failed' moves prove a right decision in many ways. If Bigi is as bad as Grendel says, then he was right to set himself up financially when he had the chance. George Thomas got a full season at this level last year and was deeply uninspiring.

The good players like Madison progress. The average ones need to maximise their earnings while their reputation is good, before they sink back to their true level.

SlowerThanPlatt

No smoke without fire and all that. Seems a random player connection for them.

Either way, a marauding, althletic full back goes for £50m these days. If they think he has a 1 in 5 chance of making it then £10m is your price.

I don’t get this logic. So if Maddison is rumoured to be going for £80m someone like O’Hare is worth £16m?

We’d be lucky to get any more than what Bayliss went for, if that

PurpleBin

I don’t get this logic. So if Maddison is rumoured to be going for £80m someone like O’Hare is worth £16m?

We’d be lucky to get any more than what Bayliss went for, if that

Agree. If you look at Joe Gomez, he signed for them for 3.5 Million albeit a few years ago. Sep Van Den Berg who is apparently "the next Van Dijk" signed for 1.3 Million which MIGHT rise to 4 Million.

We'll get pennies for him.

cc84cov

What do we see as acceptable for McCallum then ?

3m plus add ons with a player in exchange on loan ?

PurpleBin

What do we see as acceptable for McCallum then ?

3m plus add ons with a player in exchange on loan ?

According to Wikipedia, Sam has played 19 games for us in League One. The rest of his early days spent playing non league.

Why do you think he's worth 3 Million?

PurpleBin

Deffo would want a pacey forward in on loan as part of it

Like in an ideal world they'd give us Salah and 20 Million but that isn't happening either.

Liverpool aren't desperate to sign an unproven, young left back from Coventry. Look at their recent signings of a similar age..nowhere near big bucks.

Not doubting Sams ability...he's quality and I wish him well but we won't get what some are quoting.

Users who are viewing this thread