McCallum to QPR (3 Viewers)

RegTheDonk

And yet both created more opportunities than McCallum 🤷🏻‍♂️

People really do go too far when admirably trying to defend players. He’s a decent young defender, he’s not the perfect player in every way, calm down.
Don't think anybody is trying to defend Sam "too far" , just people have different opinions on who they feel is the better player and who they would prefer to play at left back given the choice between those three.

Barnsley

So you are telling me Ismael never had you dribbling with the ball in training and you still ripped up the league?! Oh god... I do not want the 14th of August to come...

I wouldn’t have thought so, I would imagine they practice the way they intend to play, wouldn’t you ?.
What we did last season was effective, but not very pretty.

Ccfcisparks

I wouldn’t have thought so, I would imagine they practice the way they intend to play, wouldn’t you ?.
What we did last season was effective, but not very pretty.
So you are saying that if a team plays long football they do no dribbling drills in training?

Barnsley

So you are saying that if a team plays long football they do no dribbling drills in training?
I shouldn’t imagine so, what’s the point in practicing something you never intend to play, just a massive waste of time, I would have thought our training sessions will have been all about pressing, set pieces, fitness and being organised.

shmmeee

Don't think anybody is trying to defend Sam "too far" , just people have different opinions on who they feel is the better player and who they would prefer to play at left back given the choice between those three.

But that’s not the debate we’re having. That was “does McCallum have some flaws?”

Also I think a huge problem here is people think we play with a left back. We don’t. If you think we play five across the back you will be happy with McCallum putting in a left backs performance. If you think we play wingbacks you won’t.

Ccfcisparks

I shouldn’t imagine so, what’s the point in practicing something you never intend to play, just a massive waste of time, I would have thought our training sessions will have been all about pressing, set pieces, fitness and being organised.
Utter rubbish hahahaha Dribbling is a fundamental skill that EVERY club in the world regardless of play style will practice. But now you are, I reckon you are certs for the title.

Barnsley

Utter rubbish hahahaha Dribbling is a fundamental skill that EVERY club in the world regardless of play style will practice. But now you are, I reckon you are certs for the title.
Yeah I bet Ismaël had us knocking the ball about like 82 Brazil in training too. Comes in handy when you’ve no intention of passing the ball about in games. I reckon we’ll play a far more pure entertaining style of football this season, which won’t be as effective as the shite we played last year, I expect us to finish somewhere between lower middle third upper final third, don’t think you’ll be far away from us ether. Can’t see ether of us struggling or challenging for the top third, but we’ll both be comfortable all season after the first month or so once it’s settled down.

RegTheDonk

But that’s not the debate we’re having. That was “does McCallum have some flaws?”

Also I think a huge problem here is people think we play with a left back. We don’t. If you think we play five across the back you will be happy with McCallum putting in a left backs performance. If you think we play wingbacks you won’t.
I'm not having a pop at you, just trying to give a point of view on why you think people have gone too far, so no need to try and be patronising. I'm first to admit I'll leave the brain surgery of the beautiful game to MR and his staff but even I understand we've played wing backs for the last few seasons. Apologies for missing a word teach, I'd hope most people knew what I meant, but if I bring an apple in tomorrow is my point still valid? :D

shmmeee

I'm not having a pop at you, just trying to give a point of view on why you think people have gone too far, so no need to try and be patronising. I'm first to admit I'll leave the brain surgery of the beautiful game to MR and his staff but even I understand we've played wing backs for the last few seasons. Apologies for missing a word teach, I'd hope most people knew what I meant, but if I bring an apple in tomorrow is my point still valid? :D

Didnt mean you specifically. But it’s been mentioned by others how good defensively he is and how we need a left back and I think they’re connected. But maybe I’m wrong.

Not trying to be patronising.

KenilworthSkyBlue

A poster tried to claim his departure would leave a massive gap in our attacking play despite it being noticeably poor for the majority of last season. I'd probably suggest that's one example of people taking it too far.

No one's doubting McCallum's potential, nor the fact he came on leaps and bounds towards the end of the season. But some of the posts on this thread are nothing short of bizarre even by SBT's standards.

Users who are viewing this thread