Max Biamou (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I take it he doesn’t know grendel personally or at all

“We have to work altogether as a group and that’s what the manager wants me to do, so if I do it and we win, then everyone will be happy.”

Greggs

If we do, we owe a lot of it to him. He has been the only forward Robin's can trust.

cov donkey kick

If we do, we owe a lot of it to him. He has been the only forward Robin's can trust.
In the sense that he's trusted to put a shift in and make a difference if he could add end product like yesterday another 20 times a season consistently is what a lot of fans want is the problem.

Grendel

Just what we need - another thread at least it’s not called Max

D

Deleted member 11652

Should drop him for Saturday. He’s had his one good game in 10 now

Tomh111

Biamou is more important than his goals and to judge him solely on them is naive.

His pressing from the front is incredible, he has such a high work rate and leading the press more aggressively has tied in with our upturn in form.

He also gives us an outlet when we need to play long, which I think we lacked once Godden went down. I think that in part was why we were making so many mistakes playing out, because going long meant the ball was almost guaranteed to be turned over and come back.

You can still see his lack of experience at this level, but he is improving again. For a 30 year old he has played remarkably little football and you can still see him learning.

He has to.have somebody play alongside him, because he doesn't score enough to do that, but I think 5-3-2 with Biamou and Godden up front is our best formation.

Londonccfcfan

Biamou is more important than his goals and to judge him solely on them is naive.

His pressing from the front is incredible, he has such a high work rate and leading the press more aggressively has tied in with our upturn in form.

He also gives us an outlet when we need to play long, which I think we lacked once Godden went down. I think that in part was why we were making so many mistakes playing out, because going long meant the ball was almost guaranteed to be turned over and come back.

You can still see his lack of experience at this level, but he is improving again. For a 30 year old he has played remarkably little football and you can still see him learning.

He has to.have somebody play alongside him, because he doesn't score enough to do that, but I think 5-3-2 with Biamou and Godden up front is our best formation.

Well said that man. I forgot he had a major hand in the 2nd goal against Brentford too!

Stats don't always tell the full picture.

Jamesimus

Although I agree with some of this, if goals aren't Biamou's game, and assists defo aren't, other than pressing opposition defenders / physicality what else is he offering?

I personally think it's a bit of a myth based solely on Godden's size that he does a worse job than Biamou at playing the lone striker role.

Sometimes Biamou struggles with just controlling the ball and I'd argue when we have Godden up top alone, the ball gets turned over less because he has a greater ability to bring others into play.

Orca

Although I agree with some of this, if goals aren't Biamou's game, and assists defo aren't, other than pressing opposition defenders / physicality what else is he offering?

I personally think it's a bit of a myth based solely on Godden's size that he does a worse job than Biamou at playing the lone striker role.

Sometimes Biamou struggles with just controlling the ball and I'd argue when we have Godden up top alone, the ball gets turned over less because he has a greater ability to bring others into play.
He's not the perfect striker by any means, but you're over simplifying to question that all he offers is physicality. It's also unfair on both players to compare him to Godden. Max can play with his back to goal much more effectively than any other member of our squad, draws fouls and consistently gets us up the pitch. His first touch, decision making and finishing are all hit and miss, but that's why he's playing for us and not Norwich or Brentford.

Godden is clearly a better finisher, but playing against the typical Championship centre half, he'll win considerably less than Max when playing direct into him, but will run in behind them more effectively.

Robins clearly trusts him to be doing a job for us right now and looking at the other teams around us at the bottom of the table, I'd not swap him for any of their main strikers. Having watched Kazim-Richards yesterday and Frazier Campbell on Friday night, they're certainly not players I'd take over him.

Jamesimus

He's not the perfect striker by any means, but you're over simplifying to question that all he offers is physicality. It's also unfair on both players to compare him to Godden. Max can play with his back to goal much more effectively than any other member of our squad, draws fouls and consistently gets us up the pitch. His first touch, decision making and finishing are all hit and miss, but that's why he's playing for us and not Norwich or Brentford.

Godden is clearly a better finisher, but playing against the typical Championship centre half, he'll win considerably less than Max when playing direct into him, but will run in behind them more effectively.

Robins clearly trusts him to be doing a job for us right now and looking at the other teams around us at the bottom of the table, I'd not swap him for any of their main strikers. Having watched Kazim-Richards yesterday and Frazier Campbell on Friday night, they're certainly not players I'd take over him.

Yeah I agree with your first bit there actually, he does offer more than that - that was a little unfair of me to say and his desire / work ethic is unquestionable. Also, you're right in the fact they're both quite different and I suppose in that way can work complimenting each other.

The bit I don't agree with is that he wins more than Godden when playing direct, I honestly don't think he does. When Godden wins the ball, he's more likely to make something happen. He wins his fair share of headers and his first touch / control and passing ability is better.

Orca

Yeah I agree with your first bit there actually, he does offer more than that - that was a little unfair of me to say and his desire / work ethic is unquestionable. Also, you're right in the fact they're both quite different and I suppose in that way can work complimenting each other.

The bit I don't agree with is that he wins more than Godden when playing direct, I honestly don't think he does. When Godden wins the ball, he's more likely to make something happen. He wins his fair share of headers and his first touch / control and passing ability is better.

Fair enough. Everyone sees these things differently. Max is in good nick at the minute and making a difference and I'm happy to see him putting in performances like yesterday and against Brentford. Godden becoming available again gives us options and I remain confident we'll stay up.

Jamesimus

Fair enough. Everyone sees these things differently. Max is in good nick at the minute and making a difference and I'm happy to see him putting in performances like yesterday and against Brentford. Godden becoming available again gives us options and I remain confident we'll stay up.

Can't argue with those performances, hope he keeps it up.

Mcbean

Yesterday I was getting worried when Walker was warming up that MR would replace Max but he didn’t - not that Walker is poor or anything but in that game Max was on his game - he had played 80 mins with Derby and was aware what their players could and couldn’t do including the bookings so I was relieved when he left him on

Grendel

We’re taking a huge gamble by letting his contract run down, sort it out Robbbins!!!

Well if he’s as good as some on here claim he will be a very sought after player in the summer. West Brom perhaps?

Evo1883

I can see a bottom-half Premiership side or one of the top, top Championship sides coming in for him in the summer.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread