Max biamou (2 Viewers)

steve cooper

I know a lot of people don't rate Max, and lets face it, his career goals tally isn't exactly inspiring, but you have to admire his bounce back ability. A few weeks ago he was effectively in the bomb squad, and yet here he is again in the team making a significant contribution to beating top of the league opponents.
He has come from non league to play in L2, L1, and now the Championship, I'm half expecting him to pop up in the Premier league one day. (sorry Grendel)

Londonccfcfan

I know a lot of people don't rate Max, and lets face it, his career goals tally isn't exactly inspiring, but you have to admire his bounce back ability. A few weeks ago he was effectively in the bomb squad, and yet here he is again in the team making a significant contribution to beating top of the league opponents.
He has come from non league to play in L2, L1, and now the Championship, I'm half expecting him to pop up in the Premier league one day. (sorry Grendel)

Robins trusts him to deliver. Pretty simple. Trusts him over Walker.

Walkers time will come.

Brighton Sky Blue

Guilty of a shocking miss but sharing Godden's workload was probably worth a goal in itself

ccfc1234

Guilty of a shocking miss but sharing Godden's workload was probably worth a goal in itself
I think he should have scored and will be dissapoited not to. But to decribe the miss as shocking is about as balanced as slower than platts player ratings. I have seen many 'shocking' misses in football and sending a high ball volley crashing against the woodwork is not in that bracket.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think he should have scored and will be dissapoited not to. But to decribe the miss as shocking is about as balanced as slower than platts player ratings. I have seen many 'shocking' misses in football and sending a high ball volley crashing against the woodwork is not in that bracket.

I meant it more as 'I can't believe he hasn't scored'

cc84cov

Could of had 2 tonight maybe if we got some mins into his legs last week under 23’s would of been sharper still I’m happy for him to keep his place Wednesday playing with Godden will help max come on

Johhny Blue

Could of had 2 tonight maybe if we got some mins into his legs last week under 23’s would of been sharper still I’m happy for him to keep his place Wednesday playing with Godden will help max come on
I for one am willing to allow for a little “rust factor”

Esoterica

One of Grendel's snipes is that he doesn't get into the position to score. Max proved him wrong and right in one fell swoop tonight!

cooperskyblue

I love Max. He works so hard not just on the pitch, but to even get on the pitch initially. Despite looking out of favour he comes back time and time again. Match sharpness he controls that ball in 1st half and I think he scores. 2nd half he almost catches it too sweet but he added so much to the team. Winning headers, flick-ons helping to sustain attacks. He was great. He deserved that and you just can see he gives it his absolute best.

Last edited:

CanadianCCFC

Walker may be a better all around footballer (I’m assuming he is mainly based on reputation and price tag having not seen too much of him), but there’s no denying that against Reading, Max did a job that no one else in our squad could’ve done. It’s not always about playing your 11 best/highest paid/highest rated on FIFA.

ccfc92

Really happy with him tonight, thought he offered a different option that we've been lacking over last 2/3 games.

I think he was unlucky to not get that goal that pinged against the bar, but despite "going with the wrong foot" I don't think he could have done much more in that position plus the keeper's position.

More importantly, he gave Godden more room to do what he does best. Hopefully, this can be a regular strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread