Max biamou (3 Viewers)

Grendel

A no-mark being scornful of professional footballers whilst hiding behind a key board. There's a surprise.

As others have said these kind of comments say everything about the poster.

It says a lot about you

harvey098

His game is so much more than goals though. Everyone knows I’ve been a bit overboard about my support for Biamou (especially at the start when he wasn’t scoring). He has his limitations but he also does have quality on the ball. His passing and little flicks must be a dream to play off. I think he’s a very good league 1 striker.

DannyThomas_1981

Bakayoko and Hiwula are putting that third goal into row Z

I see your point Tommo.

To be fair though Baka has shown this season he is a very good instinctive finisher - the goal against Doncaster was first class and there was another volleyed goal this season which showed great technique in an away game. Should he have scored more? Of course but that applies to most strikers. At least he's getting into very good positions and making the right runs - and in partnership with Max looks far more threatening.

And Hiwula last season smashed similar chances into the net. The thing with Hiwula is that he's clearly a confidence player and as you say he's out of form right now - and there's clearly something happening behind the scenes with Robins.

Skybluefaz

Biamou has great ball striking technique, great to see him taking first time shots too. I think the stat is 70% of goals are scored with first time efforts. We've been so hesitant to get shots away early even in the box. Refreshing to see Max come in and play with a bit of confidence.

Sky Blue Harry H

Max has come back from injury, through bloody hard work and the fitter he gets, the more he should improve. He will always put a shift in and what I liked last night was his first goal- good lay off, clever movement in the box and great strike, The third goal was the usual Max belter. Although Grendel queries Max's ability, to be fair to him he usually commends his effort and attitude.

DannyThomas_1981

Max has come back from injury, through bloody hard work and the fitter he gets, the more he should improve. He will always put a shift in and what I liked last night was his first goal- good lay off, clever movement in the box and great strike, The third goal was the usual Max belter. Although Grendel queries Max's ability, to be fair to him he usually commends his effort and attitude.

July 28th, Sky Blue Pete wrote on Max:

'His recovery has been excellent. His attitude is excellent. Studying so he has a life after football at the expense of playing professional football has held him back but shows excellent balance and thoughtfulness. His improvement over the league 2 season was good and I think would have continued last year but for the injury.

He gets frustrated and I think he has a 22-23 year old in a 28 year old body. He won’t ever score 15-20 but 10-15 off the bench with the odd starting berth would aid the team enormously.

I am biased towards him as much as Grendel is against though of course.

We definitely need a nippy striker and a finisher to compete at the top of the table but max won’t ever let the team or club down'

Grendel's response:

'He’s shite'

I think that says it all about that twat's support of Max - a player who was coming back from a very serious injury.

harvey098

July 28th, Sky Blue Pete wrote on Max:

'His recovery has been excellent. His attitude is excellent. Studying so he has a life after football at the expense of playing professional football has held him back but shows excellent balance and thoughtfulness. His improvement over the league 2 season was good and I think would have continued last year but for the injury.

He gets frustrated and I think he has a 22-23 year old in a 28 year old body. He won’t ever score 15-20 but 10-15 off the bench with the odd starting berth would aid the team enormously.

I am biased towards him as much as Grendel is against though of course.

We definitely need a nippy striker and a finisher to compete at the top of the table but max won’t ever let the team or club down'

Grendel's response:

'He’s shite'

I think that says it all about that twat's support of Max - a player who was coming back from a very serious injury.

Don’t pay too much attention. Grendel also thought Maddison was “not going to set the championship on fire” and when a few of us said he’d make it to the premier league the response was “lol”

Grendel, genuine question, which of our current players do you actually think are good? Give me a couple of names.

Grendel

Don’t pay too much attention. Grendel also thought Maddison was “not going to set the championship on fire” and when a few of us said he’d make it to the premier league the response was “lol”

Not alone there either

Is Maddison a joker?

Grendel

Yes if you exclude games where he scores goals then you're right that does make his record look very poor

Still trying to blame Marosi for every goal we concede?

So refreshing to actual have a real goalkeeper as our number 1 don’t you think?

Skyblueweeman

Excluding last night he’s scored 7 in 32

Why exclude that one game where he scored 3?

Include it and that's 10 in 33. Over the course of a season, that's approx 15 goals. That's likely club top scorer in the majority of the last 20 seasons.

covboy1987

There was a thread on Max a couple of months ago and he was completely written off my many - Both himself and Jodi jones have experienced 2 x cruciate injuries each in their career - It's very encouraging to see Max seems to be beating the doubters - Now we need Jodi to hit the ground running when he gets his start and its like having two new top-quality strikers available for the run-in for promotion

Grendel

Because it fits his bullshit argument.

It was to illustrate a point - namely the original stats missed out 10 games without a goal prior to the conveniently picked 23

harvey098

Just because others were wrong with you, doesn't make you less wrong.

Please, answer the question you have avoided. Give me some names of current players you actually like. There must be a couple?!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Biamou is going to be a big miss loss for the next three games. Not only has he started scoring but his presence gives the rest of the team and the midfield in particular more options, and can relieve pressure

Skyblueol

I’d say
His record in league 1 is:
Played 6
Scored 1
Red cards 1
Matches banned 3
Hardly impressive if you extrapolate it.
it’s very impressive considering he’s had an ACL injury last season but I imagine you probably think he should be scoring hatricks weekly

letsallsingtogether

Biamou is going to be a big miss loss for the next three games. Not only has he started scoring but his presence gives the rest of the team and the midfield in particular more options, and can relieve pressure
Exactly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just because others were wrong with you, doesn't make you less wrong.

Please, answer the question you have avoided. Give me some names of current players you actually like. There must be a couple?!

In his defence he does regularly praise Marosi. A big upgrade on last year's lunatic between the sticks

Evo1883

It's like when Bakayoko's goal per minute ratio had to exclude the Charlton game last year.

Goals per minute is a very important stat when judging some players, for example... Ole gunnar solskjaer

DannyThomas_1981

In his defence he does regularly praise Marosi. A big upgrade on last year's lunatic between the sticks

I think that actually proves the point harvey098 is making.

The only player that miserable twat Grendel seems to like is Marosi - but his praise for Marosi is really only an excuse to put the boot into last season's keeper (who is no longer even on the books).

Amidst very strong competition for our most negative, moaning and miserable fan - I have to give it to Grends - he wins hands down. I guess it's an achievement of sorts.

Brighton Sky Blue

The only player that miserable twat Grendel seems to like is Marosi - but his praise for Marosi is really only an excuse to put the boot into last season's keeper (who is no longer even on the books).

Amidst very strong competition for our most negative, moaning and miserable fan - I have to give it to Grends - he wins hands down. I guess it's an achievement of sorts.

Then just stick him on ignore like the most of the forum does.

Grendel

more lies I see

steve cooper

Then just stick him on ignore like the most of the forum does.
Personally I respect Grendel's opinion. He was right about Jonson Clarke-Harris who has stats of 109 minutes per goal this season, only bettered by Marcus Forss and Paddy Madden. Many people wrote JCH off when he played for us. I do however, disagree about Biamou, who will probably never be a 20 goal a season player, but who contributes massively to the overall team performance. For a non league level player in his late 20's to step up 2+ divisions. it would not be easy.
I think Grendel secretly likes him

Brighton Sky Blue

Personally I respect Grendel's opinion. He was right about Jonson Clarke-Harris who has stats of 109 minutes per goal this season, only bettered by Marcus Forss and Paddy Madden. Many people wrote JCH off when he played for us. I do however, disagree about Biamou, who will probably never be a 20 goal a season player, but who contributes massively to the overall team performance. For a non league level player in his late 20's to step up 2+ divisions. it would not be easy.
I think Grendel secretly likes him

JCH just didn't click here and it's difficult to say how hard Robins tried to make it work before deciding to cut his losses. My issue with G is that when he's right he tends to be a knob about it and when he's wrong he never admits it. A shame as his jibes on Andy Thorn were some of the funniest things on here

Users who are viewing this thread