Max biamou (1 Viewer)

fatso

You're overlooking one thing, Max came from non league and I.proved hugely over the season and there could potentially more to come.

Of course there may not and he may have peaked in which case he probably isn't good enough for this league but it hasn't really been proven conclusively either way.
His career statistics in ALL football (that’s including In France, and uk non league) is 1 goal in 5 games!
And this coming season he will be up against the best defences he’s ever faced.

fatso

Max Biamou, 1 goal in 5 games at lowest level = cult hero
Kevin Kyle. 1 goal in 5 games at higher level = laughed out of club

Says it all!

DannyThomas_1981

Says it all!

Others have pointed out that Max was making a huge step up in our promotion season and improved consistently. He was a huge influence in the final third of that season.

And for what it's worth, I would suspect that Mark Robins (ex Man United striker and experienced manager in the lower leagues) has far more idea as to what it takes to successfully lead the line than some bloke called Fatso on a forum.

And finally why are some of our fans always so keen to write our players off? It's mystifying.

clint van damme

His career statistics in ALL football (that’s including In France, and uk non league) is 1 goal in 5 games!
And this coming season he will be up against the best defences he’s ever faced.

Not saying your'rewrong, but personally I'd like to give him a bit longer.
Would definitely like to see a more proven front man added to the squad.

Bertola

I read something when he signed, that at Sutton, Max started slowly before coming good in the back end of the season. He followed a similar pattern in his first season with us, suggesting he takes time to adjust his game before improving.

Coming back off a serious injury, I would expect a similar development this season, with him perhaps struggling early on, before playing a big part towards the back end of the season

Reactions: vow

fatso

Others have pointed out that Max was making a huge step up in our promotion season and improved consistently. He was a huge influence in the final third of that season.

And for what it's worth, I would suspect that Mark Robins (ex Man United striker and experienced manager in the lower leagues) has far more idea as to what it takes to successfully lead the line than some bloke called Fatso on a forum.

And finally why are some of our fans always so keen to write our players off? It's mystifying.

I'm sure MR knows his limitations well and is trying to bring someone else in as we speak.
We are not keen to write anyone off it's a case of recognizing what works, and what doesn't.
Simple really!

DannyThomas_1981

I'm sure MR knows his limitations well and is trying to bring someone else in as we speak.
We are not keen to write anyone off it's a case of recognizing what works, and what doesn't.
Simple really!

I hear what you are saying Fatso.
One thing is certain though - Max and McNulty worked very well in the final third of the promotion season in a 4-4-2. Max was pretty much unplayable at County in the second leg play off and the game changer.
Not sure if anyone knows how Max would work as the figurehead in a 4-3-3 but I see lots of qualities he could bring to that role. We'll see who is right as Max completes his return from a serious injury.
Like everyone else I want to see a couple of high profile signings but let's not rule out Max in any way?

Hobo

Says it all!

Now I am not trying to big Max up but it is not all about scoring goals, as we know from our experience of Big Cyril Regis.

Now you mentioned Kevin Kyle - well at least Max has never played for Sunderland; well at least not yet? Who knows he could turn into a gold mine by Christmas

fatso

Now I am not trying to big Max up but it is not all about scoring goals, as we know from our experience of Big Cyril Regis.

Now you mentioned Kevin Kyle - well at least Max has never played for Sunderland; well at least not yet? Who knows he could turn into a gold mine by Christmas
And I'd be the first to congratulate him and hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if he smashed league 1.
Time will tell.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I hear what you are saying Fatso.
One thing is certain though - Max and McNulty worked very well in the final third of the promotion season in a 4-4-2. Max was pretty much unplayable at County in the second leg play off and the game changer.
Not sure if anyone knows how Max would work as the figurehead in a 4-3-3 but I see lots of qualities he could bring to that role. We'll see who is right as Max completes his return from a serious injury.
Like everyone else I want to see a couple of high profile signings but let's not rule out Max in any way?

In that formation his role would most likely be to compete for the ball and lay it off to the midfield to either bring the ball forward or release the wingers to get in a cross. Issue there is can he keep up well enough to be in the box for the crosses? Of all the forwards he seems the most likely to get his head on a cross.

I'm hopeful with Allen we'll pick up a few more second balls this year around the penalty area.

Last edited:

Alkhen

Not a great scorer of goals, a scorer of great goals and all that bollocks

Bagged some belters in the promotion season, Yeovil, Cheltenham, Swindon and of course Notts County

I like Max seems a nice guy. Really harsh to judge him after a year out... but I hope we get reinforcements

Reactions: vow

rob9872

Says it all!
Kyle cost 800k and 12k per week
Max on a free at 2k per week

One wasted his opportunity and gambled it all awsy, the other is grateful to the club has time for the fans and improved so much over his time here until the injury. Hopefully he'll step up again, but owes us nothing, seems a genuinely nice guy and deserves a break. I think he'd be better in a 442 and Chaplin would've loved playing off him. He'll need to adapt, he'll need to score more often in our current system, we also need another striker, but he's certainly worthy of a place in our squad and I hope he smashes it.

Says it all!

BackRoomRummermill

Alternatively Max was a big part of making space for McNulty.

You must be totally pissed pre-games/legally blind/ or most likely Grendel's secret twin. I always thought one was more than enough.

Another idiot that can’t figure out when the guy is a drain on the club , he won’t even play for Cov and he is nearly 30

hill83

Another idiot that can’t figure out when the guy is a drain on the club , he won’t even play for Cov and he is nearly 30

tenor.gif

fatso

He was a big personality in the promotion winning side, and he has always given 100% when called upon, so some of the comments are a bit harsh, however, I think league 2 was his level, and we are looking for better strikers if we want to get into the championship.
Once he's fully fit I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on.

BackRoomRummermill

He was a big personality in the promotion winning side, and he has always given 100% when called upon, so some of the comments are a bit harsh, however, I think league 2 was his level, and we are looking for better strikers if we want to get into the championship.
Once he's fully fit I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on.

An Eddie the eagle type personality ... give him an OBE

Skyblue_CP

So based on this logic, Jodi must be a leech and a waste of space aswell then? As hes barely took part for the best part of 2 seasons now due to injury... a leech and bind!!! How dare players get injured!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread