matty James (1 Viewer)

bradwellskyblues

very average tonight as bristol lose to Swansea

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

James too busy watching the initial shot for the goal, whilst the goalscorer creeped round the back for the rebound

COV

I know it's early doors but on what I have seen Sheaf and Hamer a class apart

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

definitely, early signs that the desperation & anguish to sign those two might end up on the ‘humble pie’ thread, long way to go though.

Hertsccfc

Its Walsh not coming to us that pisses me off. weirdly I'm less annoyed by James chasing cash and linking up with an old manager, or Ostigard joing a strong looking Stoke squad.

Just feel it would have been a good fit for Walsh here, think he might regret things come the end of the season.
Think he might do but not sure we will

fatso

2 very average teams playing average football in a very sterile atmosphere. I hope James is on good money, because he's going nowhere with Brizzull

South West Sky Blue

Its Walsh not coming to us that pisses me off. weirdly I'm less annoyed by James chasing cash and linking up with an old manager, or Ostigard joing a strong looking Stoke squad.

Just feel it would have been a good fit for Walsh here, think he might regret things come the end of the season.
I have a bit of the same feeling. Thinking about it objectively though, it's probably a bit like my girlfriend dumping me (short, fat, dumpy loser) for someone who actually has a personality and me being bitter about it!
Just to be clear, I'm not calling CCFC a short, fat, dumpy loser - just me!

It's difficult with Walsh now though. He came on loan, never promised us anything or led us up the garden path, performed well for us.....I really like the guy but I'll still be a bit bitter seeing him play against us.

Liquid Gold

He chose to join the team that would fill his pockets more. You can’t blane him for that but it’s a shame he didn’t have more ambition

Last edited:

Alkhen

I have a bit of the same feeling. Thinking about it objectively though, it's probably a bit like my girlfriend dumping me (short, fat, dumpy loser) for someone who actually has a personality and me being bitter about it!
Just to be clear, I'm not calling CCFC a short, fat, dumpy loser - just me!

It's difficult with Walsh now though. He came on loan, never promised us anything or led us up the garden path, performed well for us.....I really like the guy but I'll still be a bit bitter seeing him play against us.

Yeah it is all in my head really. He owes us nothing. Just seemed to be the right fit. He'd have been a star here but seemingly just another body at Swansea. Not sure it's the best choice for him after a year out.

What do I know! Wish him well but still annoying

Mucca Mad Boys

Signing Walsh right after his loan spell would’ve been a great. Even this summer, I weren’t 100% sold on it despite liking him as a player.

Personally, I’d have rather signed James than Walsh given the choice this preseason. I still think we need someone with a bit of experience in CM despite Sheaf’s positive start. As for Walsh, we have a better player in Hamer in my opinion.

Terry_dactyl

Signing Walsh right after his loan spell would’ve been a great. Even this summer, I weren’t 100% sold on it despite liking him as a player.

Personally, I’d have rather signed James than Walsh given the choice this preseason. I still think we need someone with a bit of experience in CM despite Sheaf’s positive start. As for Walsh, we have a better player in Hamer in my opinion.
Not sure about experience but if love us to sign a massive hard Bastard in the middle of midfield.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

I don’t watch a great deal of prem football nowadays but used to love those arsenal vs Man Utd games from his era.

Agreed. Last of the true midfield generals going to war in the Premier League era. Nowadays I find it a tough watch and rarely bothered if I miss so called key games. Football is definitely losing something as it develops into a gamesmanship non contact sport.

Fergusons_Beard

Kante changed the game.

Showed it’s possible to snuff out attacks with intelligence, not just brute force and aggression.

How game is changing.

Hell of a lot faster and players far more athletic.

That said-bloody love Hamer’s shithousery-Definitely dark arts still about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fernandopartridge

Kante changed the game.

Showed it’s possible to snuff out attacks with intelligence, not just brute force and aggression.

How game is changing.

Hell of a lot faster and players far more athletic.

That said-bloody love Hamer’s shithousery-Definitely dark arts still about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Players like Keane, Petit, Viera were all very high quality footballers.

skybluereeve

Just how much game time has Walsh had since he left us? That would be interesting to know! I’m sure very little. I’m sure we dodged a bullet here. Good player but injury’s have plagued him

Hobo

I thought James and Messengo looked two of the best players on the pitch. However you had two teams that created one chance between them. Bristol look like they have nothing to offer up top.

As for Walsh, it would not suprise me if this is another season that just passes him by.

cc84cov

I thought James and Messengo looked two of the best players on the pitch. However you had two teams that created one chance between them. Bristol look like they have nothing to offer up top.

As for Walsh, it would not suprise me if this is another season that just passes him by.
Massengo was at fault for their goal their a poor side

Users who are viewing this thread