matty James (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Massengo was at fault for their goal their a poor side

Yes he was. But there was also poor defending after the mistake. A mistake doesn't make you a bad player though. Where did I say Bristol were a good side 😂

Jamesimus

Didn't they pay an absurd amount of money for that Massengo? He's looked average at best every time they've played us.

The Philosopher

He wasn’t even that good.
He would have been a good addition IMHO.

I just thought it a strange decision to join Bristol. 9 years at Leicester on (probably) a good wage might have meant that money wasn’t the driving factor compared to, say, a much younger Walsh.

I thought that At 29/30 (James) might have different priorities, family, Mrs, friends after 9 years of living (I’m guessing) in Leicestershire and as such moving to Bristol wasn’t such a great draw.

Cov down the road wouldn’t have meant moving; I’m finding that now when I’m recruiting post Lockdown people are wanting to commute far less - priorities have changed. Anyway. I’m waffling.

Strange decision - I would have thought we could have formulated a contract offer with bonuses that could have got in the ball park. Having said that, paying 30 year olds is overhead rather than investment - we won’t get a transfer fee realistically. The SISU / Brentford model is better. That said, why TF sign Waghorn and not invest in Walsh?

Cutting the waffle, I think we should have gone stronger for Walsh, James, I thought, would have joined for less money, and I hope Waghorn isn’t Beavon mark 2

robbiethemole

Didn’t think James looked too happy when it zoomed in on him, maybe he’ll realise his mistake not coming back here but his pocket is probably fuller there

fernandopartridge

He would have been a good addition IMHO.

I just thought it a strange decision to join Bristol. 9 years at Leicester on (probably) a good wage might have meant that money wasn’t the driving factor compared to, say, a much younger Walsh.

I thought that At 29/30 (James) might have different priorities, family, Mrs, friends after 9 years of living (I’m guessing) in Leicestershire and as such moving to Bristol wasn’t such a great draw.

Cov down the road wouldn’t have meant moving; I’m finding that now when I’m recruiting post Lockdown people are wanting to commute far less - priorities have changed. Anyway. I’m waffling.

Strange decision - I would have thought we could have formulated a contract offer with bonuses that could have got in the ball park. Having said that, paying 30 year olds is overhead rather than investment - we won’t get a transfer fee realistically. The SISU / Brentford model is better. That said, why TF sign Waghorn and not invest in Walsh?

Cutting the waffle, I think we should have gone stronger for Walsh, James, I thought, would have joined for less money, and I hope Waghorn isn’t Beavon mark 2
On the other hand if you're that age you're going to maximise your earnings as your earning potential is about to fall off a cliff, it's half a dozen years of commuting. From what was said previously he lives in the North West in any case

SAJ

Just how much game time has Walsh had since he left us? That would be interesting to know! I’m sure very little. I’m sure we dodged a bullet here. Good player but injury’s have plagued him
Think your right. He’s injured again out till at least September. Think he’s played less than 5 games since he left us.

Users who are viewing this thread