Matty James (1 Viewer)

Opinion on James

• Class. Should be signed if possible in the summer

Votes: 217 90.8%
  • Average. He flatters to decieve and we shouldn’t necessarily sign him in the summer

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Poor, stay away in the Summer

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Disagree with the opinion that Matty James “flatters to decieve”. He is very good in the Championship , sees passes that no one else does and controls the tempo in the middle of the park. Should be a priority signing in the summer imo.

shmmeee

Decent player, better than Kelly, lacks the leadership so we’d need to find it probably at CB instead if we signed him.

Frostie

Decent player, better than Kelly, lacks the leadership so we’d need to find it probably at CB instead if we signed him.

Interesting. What makes you say that?
Both Barnsley & ourselves have hailed his leadership qualities & I know he's already been doing his coaching badges etc. & even helped out with coaching some of the academy kids whilst injured at Leicester.

shmmeee

Interesting. What makes you say that?
Both Barnsley & ourselves have hailed his leadership qualities & I know he's already been doing his coaching badges etc. & even helped out with coaching some of the academy kids whilst injured at Leicester.

I should say compared to Kelly. He doesn’t have the same talismanic properties and we’d need someone who does. Especially if we’re replacing McFadz as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

I should say compared to Kelly. He doesn’t have the same talismanic properties and we’d need someone who does. Especially if we’re replacing McFadz as well.

Depends who initiated the team meeting post-QPR I suppose. If it was James then maybe there's more leadership about him than we see on the pitch.

Hertsccfc

Disagree with the opinion that Matty James “flatters to decieve”. He is very good in the Championship , sees passes that no one else does and controls the tempo in the middle of the park. Should be a priority signing in the summer imo.
Of course he doesn't flatter to deceive. He is a quality player and was a very good signing. Absolutely crucial to our survival.

ccfc1234

Its a massive summer and I am hoping we can capitalise on the fact money is, relatively speaking, not flowing in the game atm and that James might like a return full time to the Midlands area.

Sick Boy

James said in an interview after QPR that the senior players needed to step up and that there wouldn't be a another performance like the one at Loftus road.
I’ve seen him discussing the game with the younger players when walking off at half time a few times now - at QPR he seemed to be giving a bollocking.

fatso

We should definitely sign James, but you dont realise how much we miss Kelly until he's injured, and then we seem to fall apart.
Hopefully Eccles can emerge to fill the roll of Kelly when its required.

CovLis86

Completely depends on wages for me. No idea what he's on or what he could command. But he is a class act there is no denying and would only get better if we improve players around him. If those controlling budget can do it and still improve the team then it would be an excellent signing. As others have said, look at next few years and have him as great guide for youngsters coming through and could be integrated into coaching role too if he gets badges etc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Options don't really say enough. As a player he's more than capable but the big issue will be cost. He'll have to take a hell of a pay cut to join and i don't think he's worthy of becoming our highest earner. Is he starting to become the leader on the pitch we need someone of his age and experience to be?

CM could see a lot happening over the summer or very little. Loads of factors. Can we offload Allen and Shipley? Will Kelly be offered a new contract? Have the criteria to trigger Sheaf's transfer been met? Is Hamer settled in now? Will other options present themselves that MR prefers?

Magwitch1

This wages thing is bollox we either compete or let’s give up that doesn’t mean paying tens of thousands a week that will end throughout the division anyway.
Our next step apparently is to consolidate our championship position Luton being an example according to Boddy but what if we do a bit better as Barnsley have for example can this ccfc model afford the Premiership

SlowerThanPlatt

This wages thing is bollox we either compete or let’s give up that doesn’t mean paying tens of thousands a week that will end throughout the division anyway.
Our next step apparently is to consolidate our championship position Luton being an example according to Boddy but what if we do a bit better as Barnsley have for example can this ccfc model afford the Premiership

You have an extraordinary knack of typing a lot of words without making sense

SBAndy

Really wasn’t keen on him for the first 2-3 months but seems he’s now much more settled in the system and I’d definitely be looking to bring him in permanently next season.

Marty

Clearly a level above everyone else we have, he would look even better with better players around him, brings huge amounts of experience and leadership to the camp, only issue is wages.

JimmyHillsbeard

yes! Let’s go after Mbappe while we’re at it

Users who are viewing this thread