Matty Godden (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Well if you ain’t getting in the side you ain’t a top five league footballer really. That’s the point. I know most do, but personally I’d not want that and would want to enjoy my last few years on the pitch.

He’s played in 25 games and is top scorer

SBT

What’s the actual definition of trolling? Can you troll if it’s true? Genuine question
"a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content"

ccfcchris

None of us know what's going through Matty's head at the moment. We have to remember the players are not robots and have all the human failings like the rest of us.
The rewards for being a footballer when it goes well are tremendous but we need to realize the constant pressure they work under constantly.
Good luck to him. He's been massive for us.

Cov kid 55

Yep, trolling Godden online is way out of order. When he got stick for missing that pen at Ipswich, those posters conveniently forgot the excellent goal he scored on the same ground in the last game before lockdown. We won 1-0 and that result helped to confirm our Championship that season. There’s no doubt that his reaction to scoring the two goals against Oxford was strange, gave the impression that he got no pleasure from scoring the goals. Whatever is happening to him, he’s been a key part of our recent success, and has earned our respect.

Grendel

Wasn’t it biamou who you excluded cup goals for. You make up your criteria as you go

No I excluded the goals that aren’t recognised in the official mpg stats. The Goals against WBA youth team are not classed as goals in competitive stats

Grendel

Biamou scored a Hattrick against an u23 team in front of approximately 50 fans. This is slightly different

They aren’t classed any more than goals in friendly matches or U23 games

Grendel

Remember back then when a lot on here were claiming Biamou was superior to Godden. Good times

And Gyokeres of course

Grendel

Biamou was signed at a time the two sisu idiots were at the helm, he was okay did a job and was moved on when we had better, that’s football.

oh Rupert

Evo1883

oh Rupert

Some pretty awful opinions on there

slowpoke

oh Rupert

And ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

With 5 subs allowed these days, do teams get as fatigued as they used to?

No, back in the day, teams fighting for the league Champions, Cup games etc, players would play 60 games a season.

hamertime

similar to the rationale given for Hamer wanting a move in the summer ….
Hamer made out he wanted to stay cause he’s a creep to his new mates. Gyokeres said he wanted to leave from the start he’s the only one that deserves respect for being straight.

mmttww

Where do you keep it?

television christmas GIF

Astute

The attitude re Godden lately from a number of experts so called Cov fans are a disgrace since the day he joined he has delivered goals and still is but we see negative post after post on his back.
We have some really 'special' supporters but we're quite normal. Every other football club has their 'special" supporters that have been watching football for many years and still struggle with the basics.

Take our new team/squad. Every single player has been called shite and a waste of money yet we have one of the strongest sides/squads in the Championship. The hit rate with the new signings is very high. Only 1 loan that never paid off and a couple of other signings not there yet but still improving. Not bad for shite players. We're a match for nearly any side. We find out this week if we can match every side.

All we see these days is Fadz and Godden are shite. But they were invaluable with their leadership and helping the new players when they didn't have a clue what their role is. Now we're playing fast attacking football you need to be able to keep up with Wright, Sakamoto and O'Hare. Godden would have struggled in his prime. Same with the defence. Constantly moving. And them long runs from Fads now seem to take it out of him. But both would still do a good job for a side that plays to their strengths.

Godden still has a big part to play. Bring him on after 70 minutes or so and we're pushing forward. Then he can do his predator role up front.

Astute

Oh I'm sure if he has scored the winner as opposed to the 5th and 6th goal, his reactions would of been very different.
I disagree. He should have done a lap of honour after each goal to show.us how much the goals mean to him.

But in reality there was no need to rub their noses in it any more. As a contest it finished an hour before. We know what our club means to him. Spent his best years rising up the football league with us. Every season has been an improvement on the one before. The players that have been on the journey with us should be respected.

Good chance Godden will hang his boots up soon. Might even be at the end of the season. He has a young family and hopefully is financially secure. Might even decide where they want their forever home and play for whoever is closest. But whatever thanks for the memories.

robbiekeane

If I were him I’d drop a division or two, play for a local team or whatever, and smash them in for fun for a couple of years before retirement.
I would be whoring myself out to the highest bidder looking for the longest contract possible for the most money while I see out my career

slowpoke

This on going shit about Matty Godden is way out of order and in some cases outright lies.
Matty Godden has been our most important player since the day he signed in August 2019, 4 years ago.
He has scored goals since the day he joined and still is. Despite having two lengthy injuries and appendicitis he has scored 50 goals. People on here talking pace or lack of it. he’s never been a striker reliant on pace. I hope he stays sure he will & hope Robins brings in another striker I think he will and I’m certain Godden will be a productive partner as he was with Vik.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Good chance Godden will hang his boots up soon. Might even be at the end of the season. He has a young family and hopefully is financially secure. Might even decide where they want their forever home and play for whoever is closest.
What a load of fucking bollox.

Astute

What a load of fucking bollox.
Why is that?

Choose where they want to live. Local side League 2. Less money but quality of life. Or just spend time with wife and kids. Very strong possibilities for a player coming to the end of their career. Only they know if their body can take another 9 months of brutal fitness. Players don't start retiring from their early 30's for no reason.

slowpoke

Well for a start there are strikers in their late thirties scoring regular in the Premiership.
For some arse to suggest Godden should consider retirement at 32 is beyond belief, he is probably at peak fitness, do you really believe Matty Godden or any other player turn up at training kick a ball around for an hour or so than go home in time for Bargain Hunt, my mind boggles at some of the 🤡on here.

procdoc

Well for a start there are strikers in their late thirties scoring regular in the Premiership.
For some arse to suggest Godden should consider retirement at 32 is beyond belief, he is probably at peak fitness, do you really believe Matty Godden or any other player turn up at training kick a ball around for an hour or so than go home in time for Bargain Hunt, my mind boggles at some of the 🤡on here.
Why are you calling Astute an arse? He didn’t say Godden should retire, he merely pointed out that only Godden knows how he’s feeling and thinking about his career and his future. You’re the arsehole Rupert

Sick Boy

I disagree. He should have done a lap of honour after each goal to show.us how much the goals mean to him.

But in reality there was no need to rub their noses in it any more. As a contest it finished an hour before. We know what our club means to him. Spent his best years rising up the football league with us. Every season has been an improvement on the one before. The players that have been on the journey with us should be respected.

Good chance Godden will hang his boots up soon. Might even be at the end of the season. He has a young family and hopefully is financially secure. Might even decide where they want their forever home and play for whoever is closest. But whatever thanks for the memories.
His family have always lived in Kent.

SBAndy

Just an interesting (for me!) point on this is that he trained as a mortgage advisor years ago so had something to turn to after football. In fairness, I doubt he would have imagined getting to Championship level and had contract renewals along the way.

Hertsccfc

If Godden were to leave, and I hope he doesn’t at this stage, I am sure he would go to another Championship side. And he will score quite a lot of goals for them.

We already need to strengthen the attack and to sell Godden would be crazy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread